Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

How much did you buy in for? How long ago was that?

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Wait, 800 for the timeshare is for what? Is that what you're paying during your visit for cleaning or what not, or is that yearly?
    $800 is the yearly for the maint fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    How much did you buy in for? How long ago was that?
    My deal didn't end up happening, but you can buy the deeds for a dollar from people trying to get rid of them, so yeah, the first year you are paying $801, then $800.

Note: Maint fees are different depending on where you go, so it takes awhile to find the right one. I probably won't be able to get one for awhile as I have to start looking again.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

For 1 week? Is the week set or flexible? And what are you paying when you get there?

$1 sounds too good to be true to buy in, while at the same time if it is true, why are they selling their $800 a year time share? I feel like I'm missing key information in something that everyone would do, but most people don't.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

They're selling their $800/yr timeshare for $1 because timeshares are fucking impossible to sell otherwise and families grow out of them.

It goes from being a slightly more affordable vacation location to being an $800/yr tax on you having tried to save money.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

For 1 week? Is the week set or flexible? And what are you paying when you get there?

$1 sounds too good to be true to buy in, while at the same time if it is true, why are they selling their $800 a year time share? I feel like I'm missing key information in something that everyone would do, but most people don't.
    Sounds like one of those free vacation offers. I mean sure occasionally you will find one that is more or less legit and awesome but most the time their is something not quite right

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Random Win: The irl Fuck Ya thread

The old saying "if it's too good to be true it probably is" definitely applies in this case. Honestly this is something that shouldn't be taken lightly and every pro/con including possible financial instability from both the state purchasing in and personal should be taken into consideration.

I know my husband and I have loosely discussed buying into Disney Vacation Club but it's agreed that will only happen after we are debt free which we are working towards and have a home first. We know several who own into it and it will likely fit our lifestyle well and would have the option to sell our points we don't use but in my example everything would need to align to make sense.

I think there's way better options as stated above but being flexible might be key. Also being aware what events are happening can greatly affect costs also.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I;m tired of the timeshare talk!

Wifey is going away this weekend to help her preggo friend with starting up her friend's bakery and a bridal show with her. This means I get to drink beer and play video games ALL DAY. I'm going to be the smelliest neckbeard at the end of the weekend.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

The Smelliest Neckbeard sounds like it should be a children's book. Definitely a random win tho haha.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post

Wifey is going away this weekend to help her preggo friend with starting up her friend's bakery and a bridal show with her. This means I get to drink beer and play video games ALL DAY. I'm going to be the smelliest neckbeard at the end of the weekend.
    Enjoy it for all us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Isn't this what every weekend is for ? Besides laundry that is LOL. Sounds perfect to me!

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    Isn't this what every weekend is for ? Besides laundry that is LOL. Sounds perfect to me!
    Unfortunately it's not. It's usually a mix of visiting parents, helping friends, looking at houses, cleaning the apartment, picking up the yard, and whatever else I'm not thinking of. I don't get a full day of video games more than once every two months or more.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Unfortunately it's not. It's usually a mix of visiting parents, helping friends, looking at houses, cleaning the apartment, picking up the yard, and whatever else I'm not thinking of. I don't get a full day of video games more than once every two months or more.
    That just makes this more of a win for you man.

Also this thead is on page 420.

420noscopeblazeitup

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    They're selling their $800/yr timeshare for $1 because timeshares are fucking impossible to sell otherwise and families grow out of them.

It goes from being a slightly more affordable vacation location to being an $800/yr tax on you having tried to save money.

This. I know three people who bought them on resale (all under $1000), it's not a scam. People sell them for cheap because they don't want to pay the maint anymore. The $1 sales after the ones that people can't afford the payment this year and want to get out fast.

Go to sellmytimesharenow.com and just put a $1 for Orlando to see. Site is completely legitimate. The biggest complaints you'll read are from the sellers thinking their timeshare are worth more or upset on how long it takes to sell them.

The "biggest" fallback on buying resale is you won't get the perks they offer for the new sales. For example, wyndham has a perk that allows you to use extra points for travel and tickets. You can't use that perk if it is a resale. But the bottom line is you pay a buck and you get that week every year for w/e it's particular maint fee is.

I'm in the market for one in the summer (ideally July) and a $800 or less fee. They are hard to find but they pop up now and then. Just got to keep looking.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I thought we were done with the random fail in the random win thead.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Look at Ksandra, preying on the poor and unfortunate like a boss. As an American, buying someone's real estate for a buck is a win, no matter how you slice it.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Win of the day: Making jambalaya for D&D and find out I don't have to work in the office the rest of the week.

Pants off. Game on.

Random win: brother has two dogs, one of which refuses to stop barking at anyone not him or his gf (was rescue dog from abuse, my snacks and toys have yet to win her over) .came home, she proceeded to bark at me... midway through eating her dinner. Went down the wrong pipe, proceeded to stop barking and start coughing next 10 minutes.

She was fine, but it was funny to see her get her just desserts for being a bitch to me lol

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

McDonald's now has Chicken McGriddles. I know one of y'all is rolling up your sleeves right now getting ready to type out how much garbage McDonald's is--save it. It's good.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

McGriddles have always been legit

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Went to see Disturbed last night, first actual big gig and it was amazing just shame that In Flames and Avenged were pretty shit but after an 11 year wait on a birthday present from my sister(Tickets to see Disturbed) it was still a pretty good night.