Closed Thread
Page 408 of 486 FirstFirst ... 358 398 406 407 408 409 410 418 458 ... LastLast
    The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    I've done nothing but sit on the couch and watch Season 1 - 3 of Brooklyn 99 all weekend.
    That show is so fucking good

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Managed to get into Taps (Now TGPS) and start my civilian select process. best part is decommissioning work is ramping up so I'm avoiding that work like a damn plague.

Also getting out of a 2hr CO training that was supposed to happen after shift this week.
    what are you decommissioning

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Been sick since Thursday, but out of all the things I needed to get done I at least got my wife and I's snowboards tuned. Filed the edges and got fresh wax on both yesterday afternoon. I like the process of waxing snowboards. It's almost therapeutic.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    Been sick since Thursday, but out of all the things I needed to get done I at least got my wife and I's snowboards tuned. Filed the edges and got fresh wax on both yesterday afternoon. I like the process of waxing snowboards. It's almost therapeutic.
    Hah. Yes it is. My dream gig is owning a tuning shop and doing nothing but that and cooking all day.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I've only just started doing the tuning myself a couple years ago. Probably only done it 3 times now. Worst part is getting the edges free of rust on our boards. They're both GNU with their Magne-traction thing so the edges have a wave to them. We also didn't use them at all last year so it built up :/

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Hah. Yes it is. My dream gig is owning a tuning shop and doing nothing but that and cooking all day.
    I got 100k towards startup in exchange for equity let's do this

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    I got 100k towards startup in exchange for equity let's do this
    Not yet, once I vest my current % of my company I'm gonna sell half of it and probably retire.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    what are you decommissioning
    USS Enterprise.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    USS Enterprise.
    My current manager was on that boat. He talks about it all the time and has shown me pictures.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    My current manager was on that boat. He talks about it all the time and has shown me pictures.
    Its legitimately a cool ship. But four years of "decommissioning" it have really wiped away any enthusiasm about it. Essentially in November 2012 we finished out deployment. By winter of that year Reactor Controls took saws to the cables that powered anything related to controlling the reactor. Come 2014 our maintain list had gone from 3 pages of numbers (In 3 columns) to nothing.

All I do now is stand watch for 4 hours and then play FFXIV on mobile data. Its a pretty sweet gig in all sense but there's no sense of advancement (All the tests we take are not of our ship) and there's no pride in it. I can't wait to be done, get my plank, and be a civilian.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

First day of work was aight. Don't have time to go into too much but we spent most of today learning about benefits and shit and they seem pretty baller. they match on 401k up to 6% and throw in an additional 3% if you put in your 6% so they actually end up adding 9% total which as I understand it is pretty sweet. medical strikes me as a little underwhelming for someone in my position but for a healthy bloke with kids it'd prolly be aight. still, reminds me how clueless normal peeps are, talkin about $3600 in medical expenses like they'll never get close over the course of the year while im sittin here with 14k/4wk upkeep on my guts.

anyway, side-tracked. important bit is the benefits are overall pretty good and if I stay healthy this could pay off huge long-term.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Dunno yet if i consider it a win or fail, but just put in a request to transfer back to the sheriff's office since they have an opening for an identical position.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    First day of work was aight. Don't have time to go into too much but we spent most of today learning about benefits and shit and they seem pretty baller. they match on 401k up to 6% and throw in an additional 3% if you put in your 6% so they actually end up adding 9% total which as I understand it is pretty sweet. medical strikes me as a little underwhelming for someone in my position but for a healthy bloke with kids it'd prolly be aight. still, reminds me how clueless normal peeps are, talkin about $3600 in medical expenses like they'll never get close over the course of the year while im sittin here with 14k/4wk upkeep on my guts.

anyway, side-tracked. important bit is the benefits are overall pretty good and if I stay healthy this could pay off huge long-term.
    3% is the standard. 6-9% free money is amazing fam

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Yeah. 9% is killer. Use ittttttt.

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Make sure you read the fine print -- because a lot of employers will match up to 3%, and 50% of your contributions up to 9%. So in reality it becomes 6%.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent View Post
    Make sure you read the fine print -- because a lot of employers will match up to 3%, and 50% of your contributions up to 9%. So in reality it becomes 6%.
    Even then it's still 100% worth it. You're getting free money.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

My conference call with 4 EVP's and 4 VP's was changed by my boss to an actual conference in the board room. With less than 5 minutes before the call was supposed to take place. And of course today I spilled soup on myself and it left stains. And I nailed it. Fuck yeah. So much that our main EVP came down afterwards and complimented me.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    My conference call with 4 EVP's and 4 VP's was changed by my boss to an actual conference in the board room. With less than 5 minutes before the call was supposed to take place. And of course today I spilled soup on myself and it left stains. And I nailed it. Fuck yeah. So much that our main EVP came down afterwards and complimented me.
    Congrats on everything. I'm not surprised you work well under pressure, after all your wife trying to kill you all those times had to have some benefit

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

grats brilldog

so HR came in today and explained more about the benefits. there's a 3% RAP that they do regardless of whether you pay into the 401k, and then they match up to 6% on the 401k. We also briefly went over Roth vs. Not Roth. I'm thinkin Roth, but idk, will have to talk it over with my dad.

there's a 90/10 medical and a FSA, i'm thinking it might be worth taking both, since i'm GOING to max out my deductible every year; hell I could max out the deductible in less than 3 months. should save a bit by not being taxed on the money i'd use to pay the deductible, right?