1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 41 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 18 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 23 hours, 41 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 10 hours, 18 minutes
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2.2 Gear Comparisons     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

2.2 Gear Comparisons

Not new, but didn't want it to be buried in the datamining thread. (Link)

Will edit in acquisition methods as they are discovered. If any typos are made lemme know, was a lot of copy/paste so it's possible I missed something.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Weathered Noct Hoplon is better than any other shield out there right now except High Allagan (which shits on all of them).

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Oh yeah it's not organized by preference or anything, just wanted to group soldierys / leviathans / relics next to each other

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

PLD looks like Shield > Body > Ring > then maybe Burt depending on Relic progress. Thats 6 weeks of Soldier Tomes.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tieffy Wieffy
    FFXIV Server
    Gungnir
    FFXI Server
    Odin

The block strength makes that big of a difference? I was gonna go with the body first cause of the shiney.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Divide block strength/rate by ten, then by 100, then multiple together to get the rough effective mitigation of each shield. Noct Hoplon is ~4.1%, Holy Shield Animus is ~3.61% (Weathered Noct Shield is 3.6%). High Allagan is ~4.4%. I personally am going to hold off until we know which turn High Allagan comes from.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tieffy Wieffy
    FFXIV Server
    Gungnir
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Yeah I'll prolly go ahead and get body first. With my luck on the shield dropping I'll never get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Divide block strength/rate by ten, then by 100, then multiple together to get the rough effective mitigation of each shield. Noct Hoplon is ~4.1%, Holy Shield Animus is ~3.61% (Weathered Noct Shield is 3.6%). High Allagan is ~4.4%. I personally am going to hold off until we know which turn High Allagan comes from.
    Just because a shield reduces more damage overall doesn't necessarily make it the better shield in practice.

It's not the little hits over a long period of time that matter, it's the few big ones that can kill you.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

bis parry? No i100+ tank helm has any parry at all, and allagan would have less once this is melded. idk how you'd consider 21 parry vs 8vit/3def/3mdef on i110's.

Melds? Caps would be 21 parry/acc etc, but could do some weirder things like spell speed/piety/dex/idkwater resist?

Edit: helm in avatar is this helm

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Any information on obtaining the base weathered weapon yet?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Any information on obtaining the base weathered weapon yet?
    Unidentified Allagan Tomestone was reported from at least T7. Just that + soldiery tokens from Rowena.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post

bis parry? No i100+ tank helm has any parry at all, and allagan would have less once this is melded. idk how you'd consider 21 parry vs 8vit/3def/3mdef on i110's.

Melds? Caps would be 21 parry/acc etc, but could do some weirder things like spell speed/piety/dex/idkwater resist?

Edit: helm in avatar is this helm
    The 8 VIT is over 100 HP which is a much larger eHP increase than the 21 Parry would be, so from a stat standpoint I wouldn't necessarily say it's worth it. But it sure looks cool.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indomitable Will
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    The 8 VIT is over 100 HP which is a much larger eHP increase than the 21 Parry would be, so from a stat standpoint I wouldn't necessarily say it's worth it. But it sure looks cool.
    I would take the extra DEX into account, 18 DEX could be the make or break on this to rival an i100 piece.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

So you'd go DEX on melds? It may not take an extra 18, most older gear would cap 2 less than the main prime stat, like trying to meld int to the harlequin set etc.

Edit: 13 max DEX on this.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qmo Rieter
    FFXIV Server
    Shinryu

Nvm. Can't find source.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indomitable Will
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    So you'd go DEX on melds? It may not take an extra 18, most older gear would cap 2 less than the main prime stat, like trying to meld int to the harlequin set etc.

Edit: 13 max DEX on this.
    I would personally If I was going to bother, cap Parry and Dex (in 3 or 4 slots?) and then idk, spellspeed for self/party-emergency-stoneskin situations? PIE....has it's uses I suppose, but meh if you need so many flashes that you run out of MP, you probably aren't fighting anything super hard, and likely have time to do combo to get mp back. this head however, is the best looking head piece in the game for tanks in my opinion, and should be prismed by all

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Probably just do acc then. So heaven's eye iv x2 in the guaranteed slots, DEX iv x2, battledance iii