1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 16 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 43 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 9 hours, 16 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 0 hours, 43 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 153 of 196 FirstFirst ... 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 163 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

anyone know where i can find info on 130 weapons vs their zodiac counterparts, or at least current stat ratios? trying to figure out which ones, if any, where 130 wouldn't be better.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Lyall View Post
    I split Pharos' first floor into two pulls because whenever I think we'll be fine I get pasted by RNG and retards with ST handout weapons.
    The vulnerability down from those fish-birds is brutal. Tank HP evaporates sometimes

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    anyone know where i can find info on 130 weapons vs their zodiac counterparts, or at least current stat ratios? trying to figure out which ones, if any, where 130 wouldn't be better.
    xivdb.com and search the weapon you want

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Also, unless I see a weapon that shows otherwise, the caps for i125 zodiac should be
    49 crit/ss/acc/parry
    35 det
    ?? pie

The only weapon that's probably a clear win in its i125 form is probably just the summoner book (acc/ss, really SE?)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    xivdb.com and search the weapon you want
    what i mean is which zodiac weapons are equal or better based on secondary stats. so how much is 1 WD = x base stat = y crit = z det

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Also, unless I see a weapon that shows otherwise, the caps for i125 zodiac should be
    49 crit/ss/acc/parry
    35 det
    ?? pie

The only weapon that's probably a clear win in its i125 form is probably just the summoner book (acc/ss, really SE?)
    yeah lol. i would think that yoichi is better too with max crit/det than the 130?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

yeah lol. i would think that yoichi is better too with max crit/det than the 130?
    I mathed it out in the Bard thread, and using the Aralya stat weights the 130 came out ever so slightly ahead. That said, ~7.5 of the points for the i130 bow were from skill speed, so it loses its lead in any fight where you'd find yourself out of TP.
    What's the crit/det caps on i125? 49/35?

Difference is 1WDMG 3DEX 51SS vs 49CRIT 10DET
    (9.153 + 3 + 55*0.146) vs (49*0.315 + 10*0.318)
    20.183 vs 18.615

(9.153 + 3 + 51*0.146) vs (49*0.315 + 10*0.318)
    19.599 vs 18.615

Using those weights, aug irontech wins slightly
    Just realized I made a small mistake in the math, so the difference is even less than I originally calculated

To summarize, using those stat weights, the difference in those two bows comes out to less than 1 DEX difference.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

good info, thanks!

edit beep think i found the stat weight info

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmakan View Post
    The vulnerability down from those fish-birds is brutal. Tank HP evaporates sometimes

I always just burn HG on the first pull. The rest of the dungeon is a joke. Unfortunately I've done that dungeon around 20 times in the past week and still need to get the zodiac item.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I mathed it out in the Bard thread, and using the Aralya stat weights the 130 came out ever so slightly ahead. That said, ~7.5 of the points for the i130 bow were from skill speed, so it loses its lead in any fight where you'd find yourself out of TP.

Just realized I made a small mistake in the math, so the difference is even less than I originally calculated

To summarize, using those stat weights, the difference in those two bows comes out to less than 1 DEX difference.
    this was really helpful for me to figure this stuff out. but how about auto attack damage, isn't that important to weight in these equations as well?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

this was really helpful for me to figure this stuff out. but how about auto attack damage, isn't that important to weight in these equations as well?
    Excellent point, I always forget about auto-attacks. This is going to be super hand-wavey since there isn't really much hard data to go off of when it comes to auto-attacks (that I'm aware of, anyway).

1) The auto-attack delays are identical between the two bows! No difference, that simplifies things! Equal footing!
    2) The auto-attack damage (for lack of any other term) is 51.68 vs 50.67. The i130 bow is a winner here, but I'm not really sure how this value is used in damage calculations.
    3) Ignoring auto-attack damage, the Zodiac bow actually has more POWER behind it. This is because skill speed is completely useless (afaik) when it comes to auto-attacks.

In conclusion: Combining #2 (in favor of i130 bow) and #3 (in favor of Zodiac)... it's hard to say definitively one way or the other, especially since I don't really know what impact the auto-attack damage value has. Either way, the difference is incredibly small. If you have, or are close to, a well-melded Zodiac bow, I wouldn't waste your tomes on the i120 bow, or if you already have that, I'd spend your first Carbontwine on something other than your weapon; you're more likely to get more mileage out of the +4-or-more DEX from upgrading left-side gear.

Bonus note: Remember that having a lower iLv weapon will gimp your LB to some extent, but idk how much. Also, you're down a little bit of VIT if you go with Zodiac, if that's important to you.
    Bonus note 2: I'm just plugging shit into already-established values/equations here to slack off at work, and I'm not generally an avid theorycrafter, so take this all with a grain of salt. If someone here comes in and comes to a different conclusion, they're probably right.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

yeah, makes sense. i'm looking at it from a war perspective and my own stats only afford like a 2.5 str difference. but that's not including AA or vit.

it definitely does seem like the edge is pretty small, and if i were maining bard i would be thinking i'd rather use a yoichi rather than a heavy skillspeed bow.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Auto-attack potency is weapon delay/3. To think of it another way it's Auto-Attack damage/WD but it gets the (relatively) same result. In this case since both weapons have the same delay you're looking at an AA potency of about 101.

Got my sch Zodiac last week and have been slowly working on Yoichi. Has anyone notice that when you stop doing dungeons for a while, the next dungeon you que gets you 1/1 on the relic item? So far it's happened at least 6 times where I burn out of spammin dungeons and Ill go craft or gather for a few hours, then bam, next dungeon I que gets me the item. Im half tempted to go test it with DD/AV, But I aint that crazy xD

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Time to start my 2nd relic, but will go casually on that one

edit : started with 1/1 Haukke HM lol

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

All you have to do for considering auto attacks is look at WD. AA Potency is equalized depending on the delay. So a long delay bow with z WD and a short delay bow with z WD will do the same damage. If I remember it correctly.

Yea I was always under the assumption that AA damage and delay were ultimately inconsequential because they all just evened out in the end, they were never supposed to be relevant criteria for choosing a weapon.

Old Merits
    BG Level

http://www.crazysunshine.com/ffxiv/2014december/z1.png

Ech, in the right light with a different colour they don't look that bad, still gonna miss lil' Sphairai though. It's so hard to decide on colours when your character is constantly jiggling around the preview screen with the weapon out, hah.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

after 3 days of messing around DF slowly going as DPS, because im so sick of going as warrior after 2 rounds, i finally come down to this....

http://mectradegroup.org/FFXIV/omg.jpg

fuck me......... top 4 god damnit boring dungeons...

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Arthars View Post
    after 3 days of messing around DF slowly going as DPS, because im so sick of going as warrior after 2 rounds, i finally come down to this....

http://mectradegroup.org/FFXIV/omg.jpg

fuck me......... top 4 god damnit boring dungeons...
    At least you can roulette!