1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 34 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 25 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -6 hours, -26 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 15 hours, 25 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 196 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 ... LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Okay, great. Now imagine getting that myth without a solid group of people you know. That is why it sucks.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indomitable Will
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    The irony of someone calling a person who grinds animous and has amazing RNG luck a nolifer when you've completed a relic before dynamis became easy farm mode.
    wasn't this most of us though? and most of us are grinding animus?

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Okay, great. Now imagine getting that myth without a solid group of people you know. That is why it sucks.
    It was a PF group and we were only runnin like 6-7 min mytho runs and swappin ppl here and there, which is kinda slow to my group. Mytho grinding is monotonous but it's not somethin that requires skill. Anyone could easily push a book or two out a week if you played like 3hours a day or so during the week. That's even giving time to run coil and such, not just get on farm all day. That's not even counting weekends

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indomitable Will
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

even if you're doing 8-9 minute runs, it's still not that unbearable lol....it's mindless, can do it while receiving le blowjob, can eat while doing it, alt-tab and start up netfrix, alt-tab back....mindless

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

What jobs are you doing this "mindless" brayflox on? I run on WAR, and if I'm not watching what I'm doing, I'll get my shit pushed in for sure. That first pull is always the worst. Dodge dodge dodge dodge doge much doge wow. I imagine the healing role requires as much attention for the large groups.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

yeah it's why i much prefer going pld or brd. i mean yeah i can just go auto pilot but i can't really turn the light switch off on war and i have to do everything at peak performance.

also i have no idea how anyone could run this shit for 4 hours straight, but good for you if you can. at the end of 1 hour i'm ready to type /shutdown.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indomitable Will
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

What jobs are you doing this "mindless" brayflox on? I run on WAR, and if I'm not watching what I'm doing, I'll get my shit pushed in for sure. That first pull is always the worst. Dodge dodge dodge dodge doge much doge wow. I imagine the healing role requires as much attention for the large groups.
    did 90% on blm, the rest on pld...7k hp on pld, run to 1 spot, every time, pop HG to start, count to 10, pop other cooldowns in succession, which is all with 1 hand, flash all the things, run in circles, riot blade combo when out of mp, flash more....fking mindless, makes it a cake walk for healers when you never drop below 4k hp

edit:very literal on the "run in circles" thing, if you run at just the right speed, in a perfectly sized circle, you don't get hit by aoe's because you run past them, but don't run back into them before they go off.

double-edit: same thing for war really, since the overpower faces you towards your target, which faces you towards the whole group...but having not played it for 2flox, not sure how much concentration that takes....doesn't seem like much

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indomitable Will
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

and blm lol...know your rotation, run after tank, cast...i didnt dodge shit, just popped manaward/wall at the bosses, you really wreck bosses by not moving much on blm.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Makes sense, I'll have to give that a try. I also should probably make all my buffs easier to hit. Some of my lesser used ones (Convalesence, Featherfoot) aren't in the most convenient places.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    yeah it's why i much prefer going pld or brd. i mean yeah i can just go auto pilot but i can't really turn the light switch off on war and i have to do everything at peak performance.

also i have no idea how anyone could run this shit for 4 hours straight, but good for you if you can. at the end of 1 hour i'm ready to type /shutdown.
    Yeah, don't get me wrong. 4hours of bray isn't very fun, but I'm at the last stretch of my Animus that I just want to be done. I usually go as BLM so throwin up netflxi and chillin with my my friends on skype takes the edge off. especially since I only nuke and run, pop a manawall when I get targeted for Career

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Onyxium Asurai
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Could be your healer too, pulling all of it can be rough, especially when they're trying to throw Holy's (which they should, if they do it smart)

I do it the lazy way: Pop E4E once I know the tank has everything on them, they pop Hallowed, Esuna if needed on the Paralyze (can wreck hate), then I pop Clerics start spamming Holy. Once they hit about 2-3k HP I hit Benediction, probably Shroud then, and keep Holy'ing. Melting faces is fun. That said, if timing is off even a hair, said strategy can be a wipe. Or noticing Bene timer is down while you're mashing it, that's always fun.

As WAR, you can employee essentially the same strategy with Holmgang. I have no idea how SCH does it though. I assume it involves more...trying.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

As a paladin, I always seem to have trouble with WHMs over SCHs. We might kill a little slower but it feels a million times smoother. Adloq+bubble+cooldowns makes your HP drop so slowly it feels like cheating.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

i find the easiest way to break the monotony of brayflox runs is to toss in the high lvl, trial, and scenario dailies at random points through the day. that and occasionally run like copperbell hm/haukke hm/halatali hm even for the hell of it even if they do take more time. it gets way too boring fast after spamming through brayflox. doing this shit is the only way i managed not to burn myself out going through 6 working on 7 books already for gae bolg animus.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

One of the SCHs I go with swears it's easier to heal SR on SCH, but obviously you lose the holy

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    The irony of someone calling a person who grinds animous and has amazing RNG luck a nolifer when you've completed a relic before dynamis became easy farm mode.

Either I worded it wrong or you are taking it out of context. "every" Animus. People are already working on their 3rd, people will have them all. Nolifer might be a bit harsh but 2 complete Animus already is a huge time sink even with a dedicated group.

It was 4 hours of farming DL (for Atma) to start another Animus of which its another 270 runs of Brayfox plus books to finish that Animus. At 5 min per and being a robot thats 22.5hrs of Brayfox and atleast another 90-120 minutes per book.

I was just agreeing to the idea of having multiple ways to get Atma. My days of 3am Khimera camping are long over I had Apoc #18 and it took roughly 6 months as a LS to farm lol.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indomitable Will
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Makes sense, I'll have to give that a try. I also should probably make all my buffs easier to hit. Some of my lesser used ones (Convalesence, Featherfoot) aren't in the most convenient places.
    I put some of that stuff on a 1 button macro (ps4 player), so i just mash it...like all of the weaker cooldowns on 1 button so that you can pop them all at once to make it effectively equal to 1 stronger cooldown.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Indomitable Will View Post
    I put some of that stuff on a 1 button macro (ps4 player), so i just mash it...like all of the weaker cooldowns on 1 button so that you can pop them all at once to make it effectively equal to 1 stronger cooldown.

I do the same thing. I can do them individually or I can spam a single macro that has all the weaker abilities on it.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I have an easier time healing on SCH over WHM, I usually use Swiftcast/Shadow Flare over Sacred Soil, slow imo helps a lot more with a large group. I don't know how much more time you gain with a WHM using Holy but I can't imagine it's enough I would choose one over the other.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

pulls go down fast regardless, but I think a whm in cleric does about 500dmg with Holy + stun

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

i dont know myth grinding is barely comparable to doing a relic in FFXI pre dynamis-easy-solo-mode. 4 players vs. gatherigng 18-36 players is barely equal. 10 min runs vs 3 hour runs (only twice a week) is barely equal either. sorry to break it to you but myth farming in FFXIV is beyond comparable to a relic on olde FFXI lol, however its still numb and mindfucking.