1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 37 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 14 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 19 hours, 37 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 196 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 ... LastLast
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yeah, I blew alot of my GC on ventures, but between doing some dungeons and not logging in much, I still have 90+ ventures. So far I don't lot "need" on tank shit in dungeons, I would if this is implemented though

Actually I am pretty sure they would implement this down the road in 2.3 or 2.4 or something, when animus status is just a small dumb step in the bigger chain. Won't be the first time they moved stuff to being buyable with GC.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

You can just buy cheap gear on the market and swap it for seals, thats a terrible idea.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The little picture that was posted is basically a summary of the first page of the article. Essentially it's saying that in patch 2.2, the item level increased, and there are four ways to get your weapon item level above 90 - Saga of the Zodiac Weapons, Binding Coil, Tomestones of Soldiery, Extreme Primals (duh). The table is included off to the right, showing the different item levels of the gear and how they get upgraded. The only "new" info there is that it seems that the Zodiac weapons will eventually get as high as 115. It does not give a timeframe on this, but from the way its drawn, it sounds like that's the end stage for them, so probably not until 2.3.

Anyway, it goes into a summary for each of the four paths to increase your weapon IL. This isn't straight translation since we know all the details already, but just to get the idea across....

Zodiac:
    After reaching level 50 and finishing your job quests, you'll need to obtain your Relic weapon, then get three Thavnairian Mists (300 mythology each) to upgrade to Zenith to begin the Saga of the Zodiac Weapons. Then, you will obtain Atma from FATEs, followed by completing 9 books of trials purchased for 1500 mythology each, to obtain the Animus weapon.

Pros: Because they will evolve in the future, performance will continue to grow.
    Cons: Completing the nine books for a Zodiac weapon requires a total of 13,500 mythology tomestones.

Bahamut's Coil:
    In the original Binding Coil, you get weapons at IL95 by clearing turn 5. After clearing turn 5 of the original Binding Coil you can participate in the Second Coil, where by clearing turn 4 you can get High Allagan weapons at IL115.

Pros: The items are obtained directly from a treasure box.
    Cons: Because of the difficulty of the content, you'll need better equipment before clearing it.

Soldiery Tomestones:
    Received after obtaining 10 Rowena's Tokens: Soldiery (130 tomestones of Soldiery each) and an Unidentified Allagan Tomestone (from turn 2 of the Second Coil). This weapon can be upgraded further with another item (from turn 3 of the Second Coil).

Pros: It is relatively easy as long as you have the Tomestones available.
    Cons: The soldiery tomestones used for obtaining tokens for weapons can't be used to obtain armor.

Extreme Primals:
    After defeating extreme Garuda, Titan, and Ifrit, you obtain Rowena's Tokens which can be exchanged for weapons. From extreme Leviathan, you can obtain improved versions of these weapons.

Pros: The base weapons can be obtained directly from defeating Extreme Leviathan.
    Cons: The item required to upgrade to Tidal Wave weapons is difficult to obtain.

After this intro it goes into a crazy amount of detail with strategies (including positioning maps) for Extreme Moogle and Leviathan fights, and at the end it has a page showing all the new PvP armor. I don't really think any of it is worth translating in particular.

tl;dr- only new info I see is that indirect reference to Zodiac weapons eventually being IL115.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Interesting and disappointing at the same time. Thanks for clearing it up, Slycer.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Seems to support the 2.28 (i105) 2.3 (i110) 2.35? (i115) timeline.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Seems to support the 2.28 (i105) 2.3 (i110) 2.35? (i115) timeline.
    The one thing I wonder though is that image shows 100 ->> 115. So could 2.28 upgrade actually not increase the ilvl but add stats like the animus and then the 2.3 update go from 100 to 115. Seems like a big jump but maybe that last quest is a long one.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by kor View Post
    The one thing I wonder though is that image shows 100 ->> 115. So could 2.28 upgrade actually not increase the ilvl but add stats like the animus and then the 2.3 update go from 100 to 115. Seems like a big jump but maybe that last quest is a long one.
    Well its seems the only info they got was "Relics will eventually be i115" and no info on between so they drew a chart with the specific info they had.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by kor View Post

Just like Atma they increase the ilvl to break the ilvl caps. So it could be i115 with i100 starting stats. Then over the course of 15 books or whatever you get the final true i115 form. The only downside to this would be the damage rating. They would be better off doing steps 105-110-115 to make the weapon more useful in game.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

just finished Shield 7 more books for for sword and im done with second weapon and ready for...novus?!

Is there an easier/faster way to cycle leves for the books? I don't want to do 10+ leves just to get the leve I actually need...

/lazy

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I usually just pick up all the leves that are available, do them and return and it always made the ones I needed show up. Also I believe books tell you for GC leves which company the leve is for, I can't recall but there should be something that says it ._. my second animous is complete and can't start a third until I get the last 4 atma lel.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

I just do 1 leve at a time, since theirs only about 4-5 max per level, and ALL of the leve's change when you turn in one...

Grab all available leves.

Complete one, turn it in.

Re-check the available leves.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Grab all available leves.

Complete one, turn it in.

Re-check the available leves.
    That's what I do. I don't care about wasted leves since I'm done with crafting jobs.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indomitable Will
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Sure but that amount of DL that would require would take a very long time. 13000/800 = 16 DL pieces. Plus most people use GC for Ventures. Its a pretty good idea.
    an hour give or take, easy, 4 people from FC running brayflox speed runs, at about 5min:30sec per run, avg 2-3 dl pieces per run, low ball and say 2, 8 runs x 5.5 minutes=44 minutes

everything goes to 1 person at a time....so under 4 man hours for 1 complete set of atma....cuts the current time needed to complete by like 90% or more

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Indomitable Will View Post
    an hour give or take, easy, 4 people from FC running brayflox speed runs, at about 5min:30sec per run, avg 2-3 dl pieces per run, low ball and say 2, 8 runs x 5.5 minutes=44 minutes

everything goes to 1 person at a time....so under 4 man hours for 1 complete set of atma....cuts the current time needed to complete by like 90% or more

I'd still be fine with it, since spamming Brayfox is even more boring then FATE farming. The average player would get some from FATE and some from DL. The nolifers can spam Brayfox with a group of 4 and get every Animus in a few weeks. The nolifers are going to do it regardless of the quest but it gives the average player a second avenue.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

The irony of someone calling a person who grinds animous and has amazing RNG luck a nolifer when you've completed a relic before dynamis became easy farm mode.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

[citation needed]

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    The irony of someone calling a person who grinds animous and has amazing RNG luck a nolifer when you've completed a relic before dynamis became easy farm mode.
    i would call the dynamis person not a nolifer but a slavegrinder (before it became easy to solo farm) but thats just nitpicking. relics were doable if you had a handfull of slaves at disposal or massive amounts of gil (through whatever means, win selling rare ex gear selling etc but that boils down to slave grinding again)

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I did full mytho for a book yesterday in just a bit over 4hours, it's not some kinda disgusting grind. Throw on some anime/netflix and go to town. Passes the time easily. Shit's mad fun when I get on skype with some friends and we just bullshit the whole time.

As far as relic, idk how long it took Taint to get theirs but that quest was out for years. It was more about having a decent group and knowing how to make gil