+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Ebola Outbreak     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Milkster View Post
    Because caring about more than one thing is literally impossible and everything is now a competition for sympathy?
    tbh in social media it kind of is

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102052914
    NBC has confirmed with the Dallas county health and human services that 80 people came into contact with the Dallas Ebola patient or his family.

Director Zachary Thompson said these 80 people were not in close contact, but they did have some kind of contact with or exposure to the patient.

Separately, Texas health officials have ordered four family members who had contact with the Dallas Ebola patient to stay home and not have visitors to prevent the potential spread of disease.

The order, hand delivered to Thomas Eric Duncan's relatives Wednesday night by Texas Department of Health Services officials, legally requires the family to comply until at least Oct. 19, when the incubation period has passed and the family is no longer at risk of having the disease.

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Drex View Post
    tbh in social media it kind of is
    Except that is quite literally the opposite. Thanks to or unfortunately due to social media you are exposed daily tk every single problem in the world. Constantly.

On one hand, a little depopulation wouldn't be so bad for the Earth at the moment and remaining population.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    On one hand, a little depopulation wouldn't be so bad for the Earth at the moment and remaining population.
    Honestly, we could ride these fossil fuels for awhile longer if we cut some fat around the edges.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

especially the fatty fats, they eat more than their fair share anyway

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

This is going to sound like a dumb question, but he wasn't present signs of Ebola when he arrived here, to prevent this from happening again why don't we temporarily suspend international travel? I know you have to come in close contact with bodily fluids of the infected, but don't you think the media is downplaying this epidemic just a little bit?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
    This is going to sound like a dumb question, but he wasn't present signs of Ebola when he arrived here, to prevent this from happening again why don't we temporarily suspend international travel? I know you have to come in close contact with bodily fluids of the infected, but don't you think the media is downplaying this epidemic just a little bit?
    it would be economic suicide? and mass panic etc of course they are down playing it start stocking up on gas cans and water!

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Honestly, we could ride these fossil fuels for awhile longer if we cut some fat around the edges.
    Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    especially the fatty fats, they eat more than their fair share anyway
    Would you guys like to volunteer?

I mean dude, you know if it happens it happens. It would technically be better for humanity if a lot of us were erased right now, but we're talking here hundreds of millions if not billion. As it is we're reaching unsustainable levels of consumption. I'm not a fat though.

Dude, we got a new fungus that eats plastic, synthetic leaves, and chicken eggs without needing chickens. It's going to be okay. Say goodbye to lions, tigers, and bears; say hello to sex androids, VR, and food printers.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    Would you guys like to volunteer?
    Don't be such a party pooper.

That's Bane's job.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

An American cameraman freelancing for NBC News in Liberia has tested positive for Ebola and will be flown back to the United States for treatment. The freelancer was hired Tuesday to work with NBC News Chief Medical Editor and Correspondent Dr. Nancy Snyderman on assignment in the Liberian capital Monrovia, reporting on the Ebola outbreak. He came down with symptoms Wednesday, immediately quarantined himself and sought medical advice. He tested positive Thursday. NBC News is withholding his name at his family's request.
    http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/n...FlowFB_CTBrand

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Don't be such a party pooper.

That's Bane's job.

Spoiler: show
    i wasn't serious, kuya, lol.

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Gokku View Post
    it would be economic suicide? and mass panic etc of course they are down playing it start stocking up on gas cans and water!
    It can't be the end of the world yet I have so many games still to play and FFXV hasn't come out....

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Agreed. My steam queue doesn't allow room for world ending virus at this time.

Theres no escaping this outbreak. We've all caught it before, and we are not immune still.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Though, should things take a turn, if you stay inside and start on that backlog, you might just make it through!
    Incoming hikikomori new world order.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

good thing a new civ game comes out on the 24th

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...278025181.html
    A patient with Ebola-like symptoms is being treated at Howard University Hospital in Washington, D.C., a hospital spokesperson confirmed late Friday morning.

The patient had traveled to Nigeria recently.

That person has been admitted to the hospital in stable condition, and is being isolated and tested. The medical team is working with the CDC to determine whether the patient has Ebola.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast