1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 44 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 13 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 20 hours, 44 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: FFXIV Gardening     submit to reddit submit to twitter

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

FFXIV Gardening

Any fucking point to this yet?

You don't need to be giving me like trade secrets or anything, but ya...

My friends and I have a FC for alts, and I was all excited to try this stuff out. I was waiting for the market to stabilize a bit, but so far...it's still like 5k+ per soil, and then 500~1k per seeds and those seeds only make things that sell for about 20 gil each on the MB.

And of course people who have gotten the super seeds are trying to sell them for 100k+ rofl (of course no one is buying those yet).

How many crops does one seed tend to yield? Is anyone actually making a profit off of this?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oranges/Grapes next to each other did nothing special. 12 of each NQ. Used Grade 2 soil but no fertilizer. Watered them 2-3 times a day out of boredom.

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Seems like a lot of work for things that you might as well just go gather yourself in 1/256th the time.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Onyxium Asurai
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

A glazenut actually sold on Hyperion for 500k, but I don't know if anyone's said where it came from. My guess is someone hit a lucky venture.

Just experiment I guess. Personally I wouldn't spend much on topsoil, I've been selling the ones I get. Other people can spend 20k on La Noscean Oranges and I can laugh at them.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

One of mine gave a lightning ore. Time to go make my Jupiter's!

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Araius View Post
    A glazenut actually sold on Hyperion for 500k, but I don't know if anyone's said where it came from. My guess is someone hit a lucky venture.

Just experiment I guess. Personally I wouldn't spend much on topsoil, I've been selling the ones I get. Other people can spend 20k on La Noscean Oranges and I can laugh at them.
    Ya I definitely think it's better to just sell the mats than garden atm, so sad. I was looking forward to doing this.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

There are certain tier of "plants" that are only obtainable through gardening.

Jute, Glazenuts, Broombush, Umbrella Figs are the top tier
    Halone Gerbera, Star Anise, Apricot, Nymeia Lily, Royal Kukuru, Shroud Tea, Azymea Rose, Dalamud Pototo, La Noscean Leeks are the next tier down

Seems to me that gardening is only worth doing if you are going after one of the above plants/seeds

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Haalia Melchiott
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I bought some shroud tea seeds for 150k off the MB, and planted them with the increased HQ soil. HQ leaves sell for 50k currently and NQ for 25k. I'll update if this actually pays off come harvest time.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

There was a spreadsheet floating around with some basic crossbreeding for apricots. Well, someone linked it to me and I looked at it and said THERES NO WAY IT CAN BE THIS COMPLICATED but it is.
    Typically get a dozen items base it looks like, some Shroud? soil gave a 50% bonus to yield, and grade2 La Noscean soil created nothing but HQ (12) sometimes (2/3). I see no point in using any soil but Thanalan and referencing the aforementioned sheet I can't find now it's possible to get common seeds from breeding.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Welp, guess that means I'll be farming up my maps in Thanalan then.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Here's the sheet cuz someone saw my post and was kind enough to link me again:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...any=true#gid=0

Reminder that your local housing vendor sells Fishmeal (the Material Supplier). No idea of it's effect I just keep buying/using it cuz you have to fertilize, right?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I only planted basic shit the first time around, and everything gave either 12 NQ or HQ, but I derped and didn't mark which soil I used on them the first time. From now on it's grade 3 Thanalan soil though until using the highest tier seed, then it's either Shroud or La Noscean soil for quantity/HQ.

I fertilized once per day probably, but it wouldn't surprise me if you only needed to do it once for each growth stage. They got watered like 10 times a day from FC members and neighbors though, which I'm guessing is simply to prevent them from drying out and has no impact otherwise.

If I had to guess, the highest tier seeds mentioned above (Jute, Glazenuts, Broombush, Umbrella Figs), will only come from crossbred seeds between the next tier down (Halone Gerbera, Star Anise, Apricot, Nymeia Lily, Royal Kukuru, Shroud Tea, Azymea Rose, Dalamud Pototo, La Noscean Leeks).

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

You can fertilize a plant every hour, from what I understand every time you fertilize it knocks off some of the time needed to mature.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmakan View Post
    There are certain tier of "plants" that are only obtainable through gardening.

Jute, Glazenuts, Broombush, Umbrella Figs are the top tier
    Halone Gerbera, Star Anise, Apricot, Nymeia Lily, Royal Kukuru, Shroud Tea, Azymea Rose, Dalamud Pototo, La Noscean Leeks are the next tier down
    I'm not sure if you literally mean "plants" (i.e. something in your garden that generates items) and not "materials" (i.e. items that you hold in your inventory), but all the bolded items are gatherable as new ** BTN items (408 gathering required).

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    You can fertilize a plant every hour, from what I understand every time you fertilize it knocks off some of the time needed to mature.
    I just planted new crops yesterday, so I'll fertilize them all a whole bunch except for one which will get to be my bitch plant, to see how much faster it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    I'm not sure if you literally mean "plants" (i.e. something in your garden that generates items) and not "materials" (i.e. items that you hold in your inventory), but all the bolded items are gatherable as new ** BTN items (408 gathering required).
    There's a low chance of getting their seeds to pop up as an extra item while gathering.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I don't think that's true? As I recall, the highest seeds in the gathering log are * (which do randomly pop up), and there are no seeds listed for the ** items. I've never seen a gathering item that's unavailable in the log.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    I don't think that's true? As I recall, the highest seeds in the gathering log are * (which do randomly pop up), and there are no seeds listed for the ** items. I've never seen a gathering item that's unavailable in the log.
    Ahh, my mistake then. I saw some seeds on AH and assumed it was from that.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blowfin Jr
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Got 12 Blood Currant seeds (and 24 apples) from a Mirror Apple Plant. It was next to an Almond and a Rolanberry. I'm assuming the soil was Thanalan, I didn't bother to check. Either way the seeds are a tier lower than the parent plat and may or may not sell on the market. Not particularly exciting.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Haalia Melchiott
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Nyanoko View Post
    I bought some shroud tea seeds for 150k off the MB, and planted them with the increased HQ soil. HQ leaves sell for 50k currently and NQ for 25k. I'll update if this actually pays off come harvest time.
    Ended up pulling 5 HQ Shroud Tea Leaves out of the ground. Of course, since these are gatherable, the MB price fell to 5k apiece. /headdesk

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Does anyone know how often you can gather a particular grade of soil? It's mostly G2 I'm concerned about, they're listed as rare, but I have a hard time believing they take very long to respawn at a given area.

Do the timers share like maps was another question I had. I'm under the impression you can get one G3 per unspoiled spawn, mostly wondering if G2 is once per game day or something.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast