Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Bounty Shot and Treasure Hunter

Chaac Belt does not add to the Treasure Hunter value that Bounty Shot gives, so I was wondering; is it possible that the Treasure Hunter job trait and Bounty Shot work separately, and stack>

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Chaac Belt does not add to the Treasure Hunter value that Bounty Shot gives, so I was wondering; is it possible that the Treasure Hunter job trait and Bounty Shot work separately, and stack>
    Not sure what you mean by stack since you just said the gear didn't work or do you mean just strait up trait? Either way no on the stacking and can't tell if it's seperate. rng/thf with BS will still start out at 2 or 3 with gloves.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Based on what OP said, nothing is working outside intention. Youre taking TH1 and upping it to TH 2/3, noting wrong. Go rng/thf with belt, and if bounty shot doesnt get you to 4, then something is broken

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Bounty Shot alone gives TH1, +1 Sylvan Hands gives TH2, and Sylvan +2 gives TH3 as the base. Since with /THF and Belt you get TH3, neither trumps the other, and they don't stack.

It's similar to how any job trait is calculated when it is on both the job and subjob. Example: Accuracy Bonus for RNG and DRG. Only the higher tier trait gets calculated, and they don't stack together.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Bounty Shot is TH2, and Gloves, +1 or +2, bump it to TH3.

However, you should notice going to TH4 if you're already acting on the mob as rng/thf with Chaac Belt, since at that point the mob is already at TH3, and Bounty Shot should +1 that (if it lands)

I've seen only rangers @ AA's successfully stack bounty shots up to 6, but that's over the course of 20 minutes with 3 rangers bounty shooting every 60~ seconds.

[05:07:07]Uses Bounty Shot.
    [05:07:07]Treasure Hunter effectiveness against SPECIALCODEx1F>EArk SPECIALCODEx1F>EAngel SPECIALCODEx1F>EGK increases to 6.

In theory, it should work.

Since, bounty shot simply adds +1 to the effect, if you have TH3 from gear, then successfully land a shot, it should go to 4.

If the enemy has a TH3 stacked on it, by your actions, THEN you bounty shot > TH4.

If you simply Bounty shot before taking any other actions, it should give the no effect message, as it would be trying to double apply TH3.
    (th3 initial act, and th3 bounty'd shot) vs (th3 initial, then th+ shot).

I'd LOVE to post a screenshot from testing it to prove it works, however the shout runs @ obtaining the belt, are hilariously fail, so I'll likely never obtain one~!