+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    Slow to the party, but just finished seasons 1 and 2 (in the last week) and book 4.
    Didn't like Holden's casting at first, not sure why, I think I just pictured him as older, but I grew to like him in the role. Everyone else was perfect.
    Spoiler: show
    season 2 finale, they made the hybrid's stare ultra creepy. Loved it. And as for post book/season 4, I hope Miller's not done for yet. Loved his character, the semi-view point we got of the protomolocule, and the guy who plays him in the show.(but don't spoil that for me. I'm about to start Nemesis Games.
    Holden and Amos both turned out to be perfectly casted I think but I had to warm up to them

I'm not a fan of Naomi's casting. I like her character fine in the books but the TV version feels like she's whining in EVERY scene ("but MUH BELTERS"). Dont know if it's the writing/acting/ or just the nature of the character that it's more grating on the screen vs the page but I think they could do a better job showing how badass she is and why Holden would be drawn to her. TV version feels like dead weight most of the time

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level

Yeah, she is way more whiny it seems. That or she was just easier to ignore in the books.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    I like her character fine in the books but the TV version feels like she's whining in EVERY scene ("but MUH BELTERS"). Dont know if it's the writing/acting/ or just the nature of the character that it's more grating on the screen vs the page but I think they could do a better job showing how badass she is and why Holden would be drawn to her. TV version feels like dead weight most of the time
    Mostly through book 5 and I think I know why Naomi seems worse in that aspect in the show.

The show has... shown... that it takes full advantage of future knowledge of its source material and uses it to insert little things. I get the feeling they're trying to push the Naomi belter agenda for a better, fleshed out experience for the Nemesis Games stuff.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Mostly through book 5 and I think I know why Naomi seems worse in that aspect in the show.

The show has... shown... that it takes full advantage of future knowledge of its source material and uses it to insert little things. I get the feeling they're trying to push the Naomi belter agenda for a better, fleshed out experience for the Nemesis Games stuff.
    Been a while since I read the early books but maybe it's that the conflict with her identity was shared more internally (her thoughts), which obviously can't be done in a show so they have to make her more vocal about it

I still think it could be balanced better but it's a small nitpick

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Been a while since I read the early books but maybe it's that the conflict with her identity was shared more internally (her thoughts), which obviously can't be done in a show so they have to make her more vocal about it

I still think it could be balanced better but it's a small nitpick

For sure.
    Just an fyi though, book 5 was the first time she got a POV I believe, so any internal thoughts were unknown to the reader. But we did get more flavor thoughts from Holden on Naomi, which again can't be done in a show, so same problem.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Sounds like The Boys, in that they may dump a few eps day 1, then do the rest weekly?
    https://twitter.com/TheExpanseWR/sta...20707459846144

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

im interested in seeing amos going back to the slums he grew up in.

so ready!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eragon Mcdohl
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I’m okay with the weekly format. I had a hard time last season pacing myself and not binging it all in a couple days. Make the pleasure last baby!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://www.herocollector.com/en-us/...ips-collection

Hero Collector will produce official ship replicas.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    Sounds like The Boys, in that they may dump a few eps day 1, then do the rest weekly?
    https://twitter.com/TheExpanseWR/sta...20707459846144
    https://twitter.com/ExpanseOnPrime/s...93333170737152

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

https://www.theverge.com/2020/11/24/...-amazon-cancel
    The Expanse will come to a (second) end after its sixth season, Amazon Studios announced today. The news arrives ahead of the show’s fifth season premiere.

Amazon first picked up The Expanse when it was canceled by SyFy in 2018, bringing the show to its Amazon Prime Video streaming service for a fourth season. The season became the seventh most in-demand title in the United States, according to Business Insider, likely helping Amazon Studios executives’ decision to renew for a fifth season. Now, after a few years, Amazon is moving on.

“We’re very happy we can give the incredibly loyal and passionate fans of The Expanse the satisfying conclusion to the series that they deserve,” Vernon Sanders, co-head of television at Amazon Studios, said in a press release.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Got Prime recently and this was the first thing I decided to watch, as a friend was always raving about the show. I binged everything crazily fast, then was disappointed as I thought it was 5 seasons looking at the icons in the app, but happy it's coming so soon at least.
    I'll also need to look up the books, but I'm so much behind with any of my reading that I doubt I'll get them anytime soon

Ridill
    BG Level

No one mentioned yet that Season 6 will be the last due to being canceled again?
    Because that's a thing.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

No one mentioned yet that Season 6 will be the last due to being canceled again?
    Because that's a thing.
    Four posts above yours, unless for some reason you have Qal blocked.

Ridill
    BG Level

Oh oops. Saw your Twitter link about the dude not returning FOR season six and read it as AfTER and just extrapolated that they were still assuming there would be an “after season 6”

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The Expanse authors say the show’s only on pause, not canceled, after season 6

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp...7-beyond-plans

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast