Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

That was a really solid Amos-sode.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Spoiler: show
    Well that's one convenient way to write off Alex. Time to see how Bull will mix in with the Roci crew in Season 6.

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    Well that's one convenient way to write off Alex. Time to see how Bull will mix in with the Roci crew in Season 6.
    I was like really? like that? oh well.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    I was like really? like that? oh well.
    I was reading an article and reddit about it
    Some scenes in Luna were definitely filmed with Cas Anvar there and they CGI'ed him out. He's still on the Amazon X-Ray stuff for those scenes.
    And the writers pretty much swapped the cause of death of Fred Johnson in Babylon's Ashes for Alex. Shitty way to write him off but necessary given the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    I was reading an article and reddit about it
    Some scenes in Luna were definitely filmed with Cas Anvar there and they CGI'ed him out. He's still on the Amazon X-Ray stuff for those scenes.
    And the writers pretty much swapped the cause of death of Fred Johnson in Babylon's Ashes for Alex. Shitty way to write him off but necessary given the circumstances.
    Either way it was a great season finale and cannot wait for next.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

personally i was wholly disappointed with this entire season tbh. i felt like nothing of actual importance happened from episode 2 to episode 9. maybe it's because there was no alien mumbo-jumbo this time around but the journey didn't seem to have the same grand ramifications as the previous seasons outside of the first 10 minutes of the first episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    personally i was wholly disappointed with this entire season tbh. i felt like nothing of actual importance happened from episode 2 to episode 9. maybe it's because there was no alien mumbo-jumbo this time around but the journey didn't seem to have the same grand ramifications as the previous seasons outside of the first 10 minutes of the first episode.
    This season was amazing wtf? I mean just because alien stuff was on the back burner it doesn't mean nothing important happened. That's like sayin an entire season of Got was lame cus there were no white walkers lol.

BG Level

i mean if you're going to call out my opinion of it, what precisely made this season amazing to you?

from my point of view you could have easily only watched the first episode and final episode, skipping everything in between, and come away with the same amount of information surrounding both the character and plot developments as someone who watched the entire season.

the three major arcs of this season were the amos, naomi, and bobbie arcs. essentially everything that was shown in the amos arc we already knew from the previous seasons, we just saw it play out in front of our eyes instead of a story we heard in the previous season. essentially everything that was shown in the naomi arc we already knew from the previous seasons (minus the marco vs earth stuff, which was good), we just saw it play out in front of our eyes instead of the story we received in the previous season. and the bobbie arc didn't fully flesh out this particular season. it might gain traction in season 6, but at this moment the mars story is a very minor plot point

i just didn't really get anything new from this season. i got 4 people trying to return to each other, which in theory can be exciting, but i just found their individual journeys leading back together nowhere near as exciting as the previous seasons.

i actually went back to rewatch episode 1 and feel quite confident anyone could skip everything in between that episode and the finale and still know just as much as someone who watched the full season

and i haven't looked at this but i imagine if you looked at the time log of how much time naomi was on that bomb ship it would account for over an hours worth film (she was on that thing for more than 3 episodes)... and that shit made my eyes bleed by the second episode of it

you can disagree, and that's fine, but show your nuts if you're going to do it

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

That was the finale? It was an incredible episode but other seasons ended much more hopeful. I figured there was at least one or two more eps

i mean if you're going to call out my opinion of it, what precisely made this season amazing to you?

from my point of view you could have easily only watched the first episode and final episode, skipping everything in between, and come away with the same amount of information surrounding both the character and plot developments as someone who watched the entire season.

the three major arcs of this season were the amos, naomi, and bobbie arcs. essentially everything that was shown in the amos arc we already knew from the previous seasons, we just saw it play out in front of our eyes instead of a story we heard in the previous season. essentially everything that was shown in the naomi arc we already knew from the previous seasons (minus the marco vs earth stuff, which was good), we just saw it play out in front of our eyes instead of the story we received in the previous season. and the bobbie arc didn't fully flesh out this particular season. it might gain traction in season 6, but at this moment the mars story is a very minor plot point

i just didn't really get anything new from this season. i got 4 people trying to return to each other, which in theory can be exciting, but i just found their individual journeys leading back together nowhere near as exciting as the previous seasons.

i actually went back to rewatch episode 1 and feel quite confident anyone could skip everything in between that episode and the finale and still know just as much as someone who watched the full season

and i haven't looked at this but i imagine if you looked at the time log of how much time naomi was on that bomb ship it would account for over an hours worth film (she was on that thing for more than 3 episodes)... and that shit made my eyes bleed by the second episode of it

you can disagree, and that's fine, but show your nuts if you're going to do it
    I guess I liked all of the character building. Amos Naomi, Drummer. These were all strong episodes and well acted. Everything does not have to be concerned about moving the main plot or story forward imo. Its about the journey not the destination. Just because you know where things end up doesnt make it less enjoyable getting there. If that was the case then people with knowledge of the books should not enjoy anything about an adaptation.

I mean I get you, and I like new stuff happening also but it doesnt have to always be that. I liked the details and the performances, it did indeed help put you in that place and add to the intensity of what was happening.

Like Amos did the typical Amos shit, but it was great to watch, right? I think thats the point.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The Amos character building was the best part of this season. We also got to see how manipulative Marcos is and setting him up for the villain this series deserves.

BG Level

marcos i was very cool with, his story made perfect sense. that was like the one redeeming thing about the season... i just wish they went further with it.

also drummer is my favourite character in the entire show and her story straight up pissed me off. everything she did, up until the end, went completely against everything we've learned about her character from previous seasons

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Book reader here so i'll try to be careful.

This is the season that sets up the rest of the series. There are events that happen in Book 5/Season 5 that you won't see the fruit of until Book 6-7/Season 6. This season is truly the beginning of the end for the whole arc. It may seem like 2-9 was filler but they're dropping hints of why certain things happen the way they do later.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I don't see it mentioned in the thread, but I'm watching a video on Need for Speed Carbon this guy from the first three seasons

is the voice of Adam Jensen in Deus Ex

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

This is gonna be a great winter.

BG Level

the final book releases at the end of the month as well. Expanse going out with a bang let's get it.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Loved this damn show, had the pleasure of binge watching Season 1-5 in a row, so excited we're finally getting a Season 6(Series Finale if I recall?).