+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 80 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I'm ok with this news so far. I hope its for more than just a guest appearance

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Nick Blood was announced as returning to reprise the role of Lance Hunter. No sign of Mockingbird though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Given her role in Orville, i'd be surprised

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Marvel is really messing up.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Variety is reporting that ABC wanted to cancel AOTS, with season four being the finale, but a mandate came down from parent company Disney to renew for season 5. Interesting.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Need to make room for more shitty sitcoms obviously.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Probably means that there will be developments in Season 5 important to the MCU. I wouldn't count on it happening again, gear up for the final season.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

I can't help but feel that if this show had gotten off to a better start we would have no doubt about a fifth and maybe even a sixth season. While the show has been inconsistent in terms of quality, it has always been leaps and bounds above the first half of season 1, with the latter half of season 4 being some of the best episodes in the shows tenure.

Really too bad.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Problem is that it was supposed to be side story with tie ins with the movies but those side things rarely went anywhere in the movies. It made the connections effectively useless because they were using the show to promote the movies.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Hypothetically speaking, how much better would the first season had been if there was say... maybe only four episodes of lead-in to the Winter Soldier Hydra reveal?

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

If they were gonna be kneecapped by Winter Solider the show should of been a mid season replacement. Its kinda sad how many of the shows problems can be traced back to the Disney Marvel policy that every Marvel thing that is not a movie must serve as an advertisement for the movies.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The Winter Soldier twist made the show so much better.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

What I was saying is that you could of cut like 90% of the first half of season one. Premiering so far away from Winter Solider lead to the show spinning its wheels for 6 months. It would of been nice if they used minor villains from the comics to do the monster of the week stuff but again don't wanna waste something the movies might use later.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I imagine season 5 is gonna act as some kind of bridge from Inhumans/Thor, maybe have some crossover with Black Panther, and then end on some bullshit cliffhanger leading into Infinity War. What will happen to our beloved heroes? Join us in two years for the thrilling conclusion in Infinity War 2.

We built this city

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    Hypothetically speaking, how much better would the first season had been if there was say... maybe only four episodes of lead-in to the Winter Soldier Hydra reveal?
    I'm not sure. The show definitely needed time to build up the characters to make the Ward betrayal impactful. I'm not sure if it's the amount of time that was the problem so much as how it was spent. It's been a number of years now obviously but I remember a lot of episodes just being mission-of-the-week and not advancing the cause of character development.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbeansman View Post
    What I was saying is that you could of cut like 90% of the first half of season one. Premiering so far away from Winter Solider lead to the show spinning its wheels for 6 months. It would of been nice if they used minor villains from the comics to do the monster of the week stuff but again don't wanna waste something the movies might use later.
    Which is why I was asking "how much better would the first season had been if there was say... maybe only four episodes of lead-in to the Winter Soldier Hydra reveal?"

We built this city

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    Which is why I was asking "how much better would the first season had been if there was say... maybe only four episodes of lead-in to the Winter Soldier Hydra reveal?"
    I understood your question. What I'm saying is that I'm not sure four episodes would've been enough to make the Ward reveal hit with the audience.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Even if it was 10 episodes, that still would have cut out so much useless crap. The show did start picking up a little before the winter soldier twist, that was just what made it great.

E. Body
    BG Level

what was the twist? forgot or stopped caring already
    Spoiler: show
    hydra in govt?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Speaking of season 1 did they ever do anything with Bill Paxton give evil CEO guy the huge compressed matter thing? That sentence goes a long way to show how little impact season 1 had on me.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quinn, the gravitonium, and Hall who was absorbed into the gravitonium in like episode 2 have never reappeared.