+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Spoiler: show
    What was Loki's deal with Thanos? An army for the Tesseract or a kingdom?

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

That he would deliver the space gem to Thanos in return for an army that would help him conquer Earth.

A. Body
    BG Level

Regarding Dr. Strange in this movie

anybody else feel like he got power-leveled in between his own movie and when he showed up here? he basically played both Thor and Loki like a fiddle pretty effortlessly in the beginning lol

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

in the comics, Sorcerer Supreme is pretty OP as it is. Its kind of a free card for Marvel to do whatever they want.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

When is Dr. Strange supposed to take place? This movie happens 2 years after Avengers 2, so that could help put a timeframe on how long he's had to practice since his own film.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Yeah Dr. Strange as a movie is set a few years into the MCU past.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    When is Dr. Strange supposed to take place? This movie happens 2 years after Avengers 2, so that could help put a timeframe on how long he's had to practice since his own film.

I don't think we even know when Avengers 2 took place anymore. Spiderman fucked up all the timing for us lol.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    Sorcerer Supreme has the Time Gem, doesn't matter. Dude could sit himself in the library and freeze time all around him and learn everything, only coming out of Time freeze when he feels like. And that honestly seems like something he would do based on how he acted in Dr. Strange.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

At the end of Doctor Strange, there's that exchange between Strange and Wong when he returns the Eye of Agamotto, but he's wearing it during his exchanges with Thor, so there's definitely a fair bit of time that has passed.

BG Level

Am I the only one that already knows that
    Strange is already OP as fuck? Pretty sure Dr. Strange took place time wise between Avengers 1 & 2.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Am I the only one that already knows that
    Strange is already OP as fuck? Pretty sure Dr. Strange took place time wise between Avengers 1 & 2.
    I thought Dr Strange was after Civil War based on the call he got about a "late 30's Air Force Colonel with legs crushed by combat armor" being a reference to Rhodie's injury.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Thor 3: Ragnarok (November 3, 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    I thought Dr Strange was after Civil War based on the call he got about a "late 30's Air Force Colonel with legs crushed by combat armor" being a reference to Rhodie's injury.
    I thought the same, but I think I read somewhere that marvel confirmed it wasn’t Rhodes they were talking about.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    That was a reference to Iron Man 2, apparently.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

$121 million opening weekend in the U.S., so far $151.4 million internationally

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

The first Thor had a lifetime gross of 180mil domestic lol

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

The trailers for this were insane and hype was maxed out. Not surprised it's destroying the other two.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

It's also being way better received than the other 2.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Loved it overall. I think my favorite comedy moment was
    when Banner jumped from the Quinjet onto the Bifrost. That splat was just perfect and everyone just kinda shrugged like seeing someone toss themselves to their death was just normal.
    There was definitely a lot of well executed moments in the movie, though some did fall a little flat or feel a little forced. Thor's chain twirling in the begining comes to mind.

The middle of the movie while they were on Shakar felt a little drawn out, but that was likely because there was a special needs person in the row in front of me who'd randomly clap or make loud weeeee noises at random times, often ruining the dialogue heavy segments.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    The middle of the movie while they were on Shakar felt a little drawn out, but that was likely because there was a special needs person in the row in front of me who'd randomly clap or make loud weeeee noises at random times, often ruining the dialogue heavy segments.
    Dude, be me, sitting front row middle of the stadium seating. Just as the movie is starting, fucking family of 5 sits down next to me, mom, dad, 3 young kids. Fucking kids talk through the whole movie, shouting shit, parents fucking say nothing to them the whole time. Shit like that makes me feel like its a good thing I can't just fuckin choke someone out with the force using my mind. Like you can't be angry at the kids, they were young enough not to know any better, but the fucking parents, just be inconsiderate of every other person in the fucking theater who just payed 15 bucks to see the movie, and let your kids talk through the whole fuckin thing.

Good movie though, hadn't watched the prior thor movies before going to see this one, but pretty fuckin entertaining.

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

It was alright, better than the first two, which are terrible. Didn't enjoy pretty much anything with the Hulk. Lower end of the MCU for sure, I'd put it on par with Ant-Man. Just meh.