+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Thor 3: Ragnarok (November 3, 2017)

And nothing of value was lost. Just screams "diva" bullshit behind the scenes. I'm willing to bet there are very few actors/actresses left in Hollywood who want nothing to do with the Marvel train, let alone have a "falling out."

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Unless the Director was pushing for Nudes or something she was against, I don't see how or why anyone would want to lose out on Marvel cash. Its not even like she had to do be jacked like all the Marvel males.

I'm with Kappa on nothing lost.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Portman is a weird. I feel like she should only do indy movies. Every main stream movie choice of hers always seems kind of terrible or misplaced. Always thought she was miscast in this role. I like her as an actress but probably better for everyone that she is gone.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    Portman is a weird. I feel like she should only do indy movies. Every main stream movie choice of hers always seems kind of terrible or misplaced. Always thought she was miscast in this role. I like her as an actress but probably better for everyone that she is gone.
    I'm telling you. That Star Wars fame/money ruined her.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

She can just live on forever getting the Pepper Potts treatment, unless going forward Thor just doesn't say anything about her. I don't recall if she was mentioned at all in AoU.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    She can just live on forever getting the Pepper Potts treatment, unless going forward Thor just doesn't say anything about her. I don't recall if she was mentioned at all in AoU.
    She was. Thor and Tony had a brief conversation where they were subtly arguing over who had the better girlfriend.

I feel like Marvel's writers wouldn't typically leave the audience to wonder where such a prominent character went, so I imagine we'll get some line from Thor about how they were just too different or something, especially if his new love interest is the Enchantress, as was rumored here.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus View Post
    I'm telling you. That Star Wars fame/money ruined her.
    didnt she like give up acting for a while after that? go to harvard or some shit. I know she went to harvard but idk if before after or during star wars. I'm surprised she has a career after those tbh

We built this city

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie Portman
    Star Wars had come out … and everyone thought I was a horrible actress. I was in the biggest-grossing movie of the decade, and no director wanted to work with me. Mike wrote a letter to Anthony Minghella and said, ‘Put her in Cold Mountain, I vouch for her.’ And then Anthony passed me on to Tom Tykwer, who passed me on to the Wachowskis
    That's a quote from a magazine interview Portman did about a year ago. I know exactly what she means too. I knew she was a good actress from having seen Leon and Closer, but if you just had the prequels to go by you'd think she was totally wooden. Poor Hayden Christiansen never recovered.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

I'll always love her for Leon. 90% of her projects are terrible but I'm willing to forgive cuz like once every 7 years she crushes something

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hey, V for Vendetta was good and I liked her in Hesher.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Also was great in black swan

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    Also the movie has reportedly next to zero screen time on earth as its all in space/cosmos. So I don't see why she would be included if it's for like 1-2 short scenes at most
    Question in this case, how does Hulk get involved in this movie (Civil War thread tells me Hulk is involved in this movie)? Does he find some weird object on Earth which teleports him to Ishgard? I suppose if there is any Earth scenes, it would be that? Just a thought.

We built this city

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Question in this case, how does Hulk get involved in this movie (Civil War thread tells me Hulk is involved in this movie)? Does he find some weird object on Earth which teleports him to Ishgard? I suppose if there is any Earth scenes, it would be that? Just a thought.
    Maybe Banner finds Thor during one of his visits to Earth and asks Thor to lock him up in Asgard so people will be safe from the Hulk.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Deftscythe View Post
    Maybe Banner finds Thor during one of his visits to Earth and asks Thor to lock him up in Asgard so people will be safe from the Hulk.
    I thought exact same thing.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Nothing lost with Portman gone. Kat Dennings is all we need anyway! In all seriousness they'll probably just push the focus to Sif.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Does he find some weird object on Earth which teleports him to Ishgard?
    I will resubscribe in a heartbeat if that happens.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    I'll always love her for Leon. 90% of her projects are terrible but I'm willing to forgive cuz like once every 7 years she crushes something
    Black Swan was outstanding and she was outstanding in it. tbh fam she's probably too good/indie for Marvel fare she just seems to phone it in when she does a blockbuster

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

They should have just cast Keira Knightly to replace her like they did with Cheadle and Howard for Rhoades.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Deftscythe View Post
    I could see enchantress having something to do with it also if she is involved

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    I will resubscribe in a heartbeat if that happens.
    Oops! I got them mixed up haha (didn't help I was idling there at the time). I was wondering what you meant.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast