BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    It absolutely is. Comes right after IM2. RDJ is even in it after the credits talking to Ross (who was also in civil war) about the avengers.

And I know Norton blew his chance lol. My question is how did Marvel do a solo movie if they are only allowed to do ensemble ones, like Drai said a few posts up.
    Universal studios was the distributor for The Incredible Hulk, which I think is a similar deal to what's going on with spiderman atm, Spiderman Homecoming being made under marvels supervision but distributed by Sony or something like that.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Just read the link I posted, especially the bolded part where if Universal doesn't want to be involved with the movie, the movie still happens.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

How long does Universal have this right?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

It's not much of a right, so who cares? Marvel Studios made The Incredible Hulk, doublechecked to be sure. Anything in the future they can do whether Universal wants it or not, Universal just gets the option to want to distribute before Marvel Studios can offer that to anyone else.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    Just read the link I posted, especially the bolded part where if Universal doesn't want to be involved with the movie, the movie still happens.
    It makes more sense financially to have another studio distribute the film since they would either lease the film from marvel or agree on profit sharing. Universal would have to foot the bill for all marketing and film prints made for theatrical distribution.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

So like it is now as it was then, it all rests on Marvel to fit him into the works. Since he's not in there plans, keep on keepingon.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

It appears that the deal with Universal for the distribution rights is perpetual. Disney was able to purchase back the rights from Paramount because it was a limited deal (6 films), but Marvel fucked up with Universal. So it stands that Disney can make a Hulk film, but Universal will have exclusive rights to distribute which Disney isn't interested in (because they are fully capable of doing themselves).

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

And maybe even Marvel studios doesn't think Hulk can (figuratively) carry a film to success. The Incredible Hulk was a great story as far as Hulk story goes, and it still didn't do that well. Probably better to have it be intertwined with Thor this way.

So that + Universal still getting to say "yeah we'll take our slice of the pie" means that Marvel stands to make money more easily on other properties first.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    And maybe even Marvel studios doesn't think Hulk can (figuratively) carry a film to success. The Incredible Hulk was a great story as far as Hulk story goes, and it still didn't do that well.
    I'd think with the MCU the way it is, just about any MCU connected title will be more than fine. When the Hulk came out it was just 1 month after Iron Man and news of the MCU and everything it'd be today hadn't been released. Hell, by then with as well as Iron Man did people may of been giving it another viewing rather than watch another Hulk movie.

That said, I agree that Hulk is best intertwined with another property, unless they're ready to take on Planet and/or World War Hulk stories. Beyond those two, never got too much into his other stories. MOAR RAGE and silly twists like Mr. Fixit only go so far. With Ross appearing in Civil War though, it gives me hope that they'd get him on board for Red Hulk if it were to happen.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    Comes right after IM2. RDJ is even in it after the credits talking to Ross (who was also in civil war) about the avengers.
    Ah! I had totally forgotten about that. I was remembering they used footage of Hulk ripping apart tanks briefly in Avengers.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

This is Planet Hulk.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Gladiator Hulk Armor Revealed from Thor: Ragnarok!

San Diego Comic-Con has officially kicked off the Saturday festivities and Marvel has revealed a new treat from one of their upcoming films at their booth – the Gladiator Hulk armor from Thor: Ragnarok! Check it out below!

Thor: Ragnarok will feature the return of Chris Hemsworth as the God of Thunder himself, with Tom Hiddleston as Loki, Mark Ruffalo as the Hulk, Idris Elba as Heimdall and Sir Anthony Hopkins again portraying Odin. Cate Blanchett plays the mysterious and powerful new villain Hela, Jeff Goldblum stars as the eccentric Grandmaster, Tessa Thompson will bring the classic hero Valkyrie to life on the big screen, and Karl Urban will add his might to the fray as Skurge.

Kevin Feige will produce the film, joined by executive producers Louis D’Esposito, Brad Winderbaum, Victoria Alonso, Thomas M. Hammel and Stan Lee. The screenplay hails from Stephany Folsom, Craig Kyle, Eric Pearson and Christopher Yost. Current plans call for the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s “Phase Three” chapter to shoot until October, although production could feasibly continue through the end of the year.

Directed by Taika Waititi, Thor: Ragnarok will smash its way into theaters on November 3, 2017.

Read more at http://www.superherohype.com/news/37...l4ugV52hhK6.99

http://www.superherohype.com/news/37...narok#/slide/1

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

That logo looks so..... 80s

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    hahaha, immediate thoughts.

Myr said I should dodge roll
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fiendish One
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Like some He-Man type shit is what I thought lol

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus View Post
    oh sweet baby Iron Man! I'm ready!

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

should have put a disclaimer in the spoiler. It's a shop. But it's still fucking awesome.

Isn't this the last round for most the actors?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast