FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Thor 3: Ragnarok (November 3, 2017)

Marvel lists T3 among confirmed future titles
    Spoiler: show
    Sadly for Iron Man fans – and the studio – that contract extension didn’t include Iron Man 4. That doesn’t mean Marvel and RDJ can’t work out a deal in the future to have him keep coming back, but such contract talks likely won’t come until around the release of The Avengers 3, likely in 2018. By then, Downey Jr. will be 53, and the actor – when asked about the future of the character post-Avengers - said he doesn’t want to “overstay [his] welcome” with fans and might retire from the character.

Marvel Studios president of production Kevin Feige on the other hand, when asked about the topic, admits that Tony Stark will likely be recast one day, comparing the billionaire industrialist to James Bond. While that may be inevitable, one day, such a thought is a tough pill to swallow for fans. How do you continue the shared universe and timeline and just swap out the most important actor? Is there a story that could lend the character to recasting?

Iron Man 3 co-writer and director Shane Black – and friend of Robert Downey Jr. – hinted that he believed the actor would come back to do Iron Man 4 and 5 one day. Again, another Iron Man movie will be made eventually. And again, it’s a matter of when and with whom. According to an interesting survey handed out by Marvel Studios representatives at certain public screenings of Captain America: The Winter Soldier over the last few days, it could be sooner than we think.

Kristy Puchko at Cinema Blend was at one of these screenings and snapped some photos of the questionnaire. Along with the usual demographic questions, one question asked viewers what Marvel Studios titles they were most excited to see next.

Thor 3 doesn’t have a release date yet but it’s a relatively safe bet to release in May 2017 and already has writers in Craig Kyle (Thor: Tales of Asgard) and Christopher Yost (Thor: The Dark World). Or is it? For Phases 1 and 2 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Thor solo adventures released before the Captain America titles, but we can now confirm that’s no longer the case come Phase 3. Since Thor 3 has yet to lock down a date, it’s possible it doesn’t come until after The Avengers 3, although the delay in confirmation may have to do with the studio finding the right director for the project since Alan Taylor likely won’t return.

A Thor three-quel in 2017 puts into question whether or not Guardians of the Galaxy gets a direct sequel in the next phase. Some rumors claim GOTG is a one-off that could launch spinoffs, so the cosmic-based property adds an interesting spin to the speculation game of what Marvel is going to do next and what they have on that roadmap of films planned until 2028.

What we do know on the Phase 3 front is that each year there are two movies releasing and the first movie of each pair will be a sequel to an established property, with a new IP coming second. That’s why we’re getting Guardians of the Galaxy this year, Ant-Man the following year and in 2017-18 we’re likely getting Doctor Strange (according to Feige’s hinted timeline). As for the unannounced new property (or properties) in between, the common title that continues to surface is The Inhumans, with there being rumors of Black Panther, Ms. Marvel and another Hulk standalone feature as well. I’d love to see Nova in there since that could serve as a quasi-sequel to Guardians of the Galaxy that bridges it to the familiar Earth-based characters, and it gives Marvel room to essentially deliver Cap, Thor and GOTG followups in Phase 3 while still counting one of them as a “new’ property.

And what we know about future Iron Man films is that it comes down to delivering a unique and interesting story for Tony Stark, one that’s worthy of Robert Downey’s full-time involvement. With The Avengers movies, it’s easier for RDJ since there are more action scenes, and therefore less of him required on set thanks to his CGI armor doing all the work. Jeremy Renner barely ever saw him during production of The Avengers, as an example. With each Iron Man appearance, there also comes the need to introduce more armor suits, and it’s difficult to top there being dozens of them in Iron Man 3 and the biggest one of all being introduced in Age of Ultron. Yes, we’re finally going to see the infamous Hulkbuster armor.

Despite uncertainty from cast members Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow and Don Cheadle, Marvel Studios is definitely thinking about Iron Man 4, but if it’s coming, it won’t be until after The Avengers 3. Will RDJ stick with the character through “Phase 4″ or will Marvel Studios need to recast? Could War Machine be put front and center? What about the other key characters whose contracts run out by The Avengers 3 (Chris Evans & Chris Hemsworth)?
    http://screenrant.com/iron-man-4-plans/
    http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Marve...ked-42418.html

I thought second one was great, more of that I hope

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Thor: Ragnarok (28/7/2017)

Announced at Marvel's Live Event Today.

Nothing else revealed just:
    "This is a very important movie for us in Phase 3," said Marvel's Kevin Feige. "We plan on taking Thor to another level. It picks up where we leave Thor in 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' and impacts everything that comes after."

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Thanks, I just assumed we had a Thor 3 thread.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

It actually appears we do so my bad.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Shocked this hasn't been posted yet. Fucking awesome shit.

The story first broke at JoBlo earlier this week, and now it seems the Thor: Ragnarok Hulk rumors are true! Various trade sites are confirming today that Marvel Studios is close to locking Mark Ruffalo for the “Phase Three” appearance.

According to the earlier reports, the Hulk will team up with Thor in the God of Thunder’s third solo film. The story will reportedly center on a “distant planet” that is “not Asgard and not Earth.” It’s unclear what this planet might be in the context of the film, although the constant rumors (amid denials) of a Planet Hulk film are likely to feed into fan speculation.

Thor: Ragnarok will close out the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s Asgardian trilogy. It features a screenplay by Christopher Yost (Thor: The Dark World) and Craig Kyle (producer on previous two Thor films), and will continue the cliffhanger ending of Thor: The Dark World wherein it was revealed that Loki (Tom Hiddleston) has secretly taken the Asgardian throne in guise of his adoptive father, Odin (Anthony Hopkins)

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Reports that the film will be a buddy film between Hulk and Thor.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Mark Ruffalo explains the Universal still doesn't like Marvel, that's why no solo Hulk in the near future, also the reason he won't be in Civil War
    http://https//www.yahoo.com/movies/m...153059142.html

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Hulk to have more of a speaking role as his mind is set to merge with Banner's
    http://www.aintitcool.com/node/74036

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Sad how Marvel has to use a Thor movie (or any other Marvel movie for that matter) to advance Hulk since Universal are dicks and won't sell/give the character back.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Honestly, I think Hulk is better in smaller dosages anyway.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

there's nothing small about the hulk
    (insert nsfwblackwidow.gif)

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Rulke View Post
    Sad how Marvel has to use a Thor movie (or any other Marvel movie for that matter) to advance Hulk since Universal are dicks and won't sell/give the character back.
    It's just distribution rights. Universal has the option to distribute before anyone. If they turned it down (yeah, okay) Disney can distribute it. But still, you know people would eat up a Hulk movie now. And Disney wants every penny it can get.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

disregard

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

There is a new tidbit today. It's going to be a cosmic adventure with very little Earth interaction. Kevin Feige is claiming that this will be Thor's "winter soldier."

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    There is a new tidbit today. It's going to be a cosmic adventure with very little Earth interaction. Kevin Feige is claiming that this will be Thor's "winter soldier."
    Well now I'm excited for it, I find the Asgard side way more interesting. Also, Natalie Portman and that other weird looking chick are annoying as fuck

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Kat Dennings is amazing, get out.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Her breasts are amazing.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

But strangely not noticeable in either Thor..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast