+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FNH View Post
    Principle photography took 2 months for the first, and post was like 6 months, iirc? So if they get casting done by Oct of this year, they should be g2g.
    lol damn didn't realize it was that fast. Probably how they kept costs so low.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    lol damn didn't realize it was that fast. Probably how they kept costs so low.
    From what I remember from the class I took ages ago, most movies shoot start to finish anywhere from a few weeks to two months depending on the type of movie. The rest of the time is post (editing, sfx, sound mixing, etc). I believe studios project a films release based on competition from other movies and theater trends which can sometimes be months after the movie is completely finished.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Doug Liman (Edge Of Tomorrow / Bourne Identity) to Direct, Channing still to be Gambit
    Production delayed to Late 2016, All other Cast roles to be Recast

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-before-877926 | http://www.thewrap.com/doug-liman-in...-gambit-delay/

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Off to a great start already

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Lol @ least they have a dope director

It will most likely get canceled because no one cares about this movie

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Still Happening, Channing is still Gambit
    https://twitter.com/JarettSays/statu...26387178823680

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Rumor: Daniel Craig to play Mr Sinister
    https://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-men...-movie-a154259

Interesting pick. You have to think at some point these big budget movies that get delayed and reshoots and rewrites ect have to end up costing more than they could ever make back. Like I'd be interested to see this but I don't see it making half a billion dollars if their main Xmen movie can barely do that.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by silverdragontyr View Post
    Interesting pick. You have to think at some point these big budget movies that get delayed and reshoots and rewrites ect have to end up costing more than they could ever make back. Like I'd be interested to see this but I don't see it making half a billion dollars if their main Xmen movie can barely do that.
    Deadpool is currently sitting at $783.1M. Never count out an XMen film.

deadpool is an outlier to end all outliers. you cant compare deadpool to anything really

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by chazzyphizzle View Post
    deadpool is an outlier to end all outliers. you cant compare deadpool to anything really
    If you include worldwide gross(which you should)
    X-Men:DoFP is at $747,862,775
    X-Men:Apocalypse is at $543,934,787

Half a billion is not a lot for an x-men movie nowadays. Hell, X-Men The Last Stand was a dumpster fire in the middle of a trash barge that is also on fire and made $459,359,555.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Logan is currently at $616.7M. Never count out an XMen film.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Most of the "X-men" movies were dumpster fires but that name and desire to see a team of super hero's gets people in the theater.

But this is a spin off with an X-men character... 2 first Wolverine movies did kind of meh and they already had established the actor for the role while Logan they decided to actually make a good movie that time. And Deadpool is even more divorced from the X-men and had one of the best marketing campaigns in film history ever and again was actually good lol. And well both are more popular lead characters than Gambit

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    And well both are more popular lead characters than Gambit
    Fuck you. I loved Gambit as a kid. I used to use him all the time in the arcade game, throw cards around, and swing big sticks like a staff.

EDIT: I read that as "both are better characters than Gambit." I still stand by my 10 year old self's opinion, though.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Gambit is only really popular among the people who grew up watching the original Animated Series. Otherwise he's a pretty garbage character, and the drawing power of this movie is gonna be dependent on the star power and place as a superhero movie.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    Fuck you. I loved Gambit as a kid. I used to use him all the time in the arcade game, throw cards around, and swing big sticks like a staff.

EDIT: I read that as "both are better characters than Gambit." I still stand by my 10 year old self's opinion, though.
    Don't get me wrong I love the character. Marvel vs? Also that reminds me of how mad I was about the X-men arcade game. No Gambit or Jean or Iceman but they put fucking Dazzler in da fuq. Luckily they fixed it with the Gensis version.

I just meant the general population seeing him as a lead in own spin off kind of thing. Like I think most the non comic people that do know much about him mostly are used to just seeing him as one of the X-men and not all the cool stuff he did on his own or pretty decent backstory

See that's my thoughts as well. Set aside your love for the character a second. You're a general audience. Hell maybe you did even watch the cartoon as a kid. This movie comes out. Is it really something you're going to spend $15 to go see? Especially with all the superhero or effects heavy movies coming out now. It just seems like it will only appease to a very specific niche, and that's a small niche.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by silverdragontyr View Post
    See that's my thoughts as well. Set aside your love for the character a second. You're a general audience. Hell maybe you did even watch the cartoon as a kid. This movie comes out. Is it really something you're going to spend $15 to go see? Especially with all the superhero or effects heavy movies coming out now. It just seems like it will only appease to a very specific niche, and that's a small niche.
    Depends on what the trailers and promos look like I'm sure. I would guess there would be some people drawn to it because of Channing Tatum, others because the X-Men spin offs have been doing well recently.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Release date announced; Valentines Day 2019, Gore Verbinski (Cure for Wellness/The Ring) to direct.