FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Final Fantasy III (PC)

Before the Nintendo DS remake, Final Fantasy III was the least accessible game in the series since it was only available for Famicom in Japan. Now Luneth, the silvered haired Final Fantasy III protagonist is everywhere. Square Enix brought Final Fantasy III to DS, iOS, Android, PSP, and Ouya.

Next, Final Fantasy III is coming to PC. A rating by Germany’s USK board leaked the news.

While Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy VIII already had PC ports, Final Fantasy III for PC is a new version of the game. That’s interesting to see and perhaps Square Enix is considering to bring even more Final Fantasy games to PC.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/18...antasy-iii-pc/

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

While Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy VIII already had really shitty PC ports with half assed inconsiderate audio.
    Fixed.

I think I missed the bus for DS.

And I'll try this out.. Still and the first and second, 4th, and 12th to play.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Twilight; You sorta did. It's still on Amazon if you search but since Ninty is going to shut off the DS's Wifi network, I would consider if I could get the mogmail messages out in time before i bought that version if I were you unless you have a local friend that has the game because that unlocks stuff. (Haven't tried it but I think the local will still work; my brother also has a copy of the DS version, which is how I got the needed messages. Just you soon won't be able to send mogmail over the net anymore.)

If you don't mind not getting 100% complete, the DS version is fine if you don't have the time to send the needed mogmail; Mogmail only allows you to unlock a optional dungeon and Onion Knight. If you're anal about completion, either get the iOS/Android version or wait for the PC version. ^^

[Edit] Oops. Wi-fi features for the DS are dying in May so you got a little more time to get it before you can't send mogmail. Here's the listing. If you go that route, PM me ASAP so you can pepper me with the needed mogmail messages before Nintendo Wi-Fi for DS dies!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Would that be compatible with a 3DS?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
    Would that be compatible with a 3DS?
    I'd get it for PSP/Vita if it's an option. The DS version will have some content missing or simply hard to get due to its nature. This has all been fixed in the PSP/iOS ports. Or wait for PC.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Twilight; It is compat with a 3DS, but keep in mind that DS wifi support is ending in a MONTH(since this is a DS game, DS rules apply; All DS games other than a couple (b/c they have a weird addon that goes with the game or something) play fine in a 3DS, just..after the end of May most wifi features will not work for ANY DS game). So you got a month to get someone to spam you with the mogmail messages if you want 100% completion if you get the DS version. I actually got my copy after I got a 3ds and it works fine. (I skipped a handheld generation.) Including having my brother get out his DS so I could spam him with messages and he could spam me back.

If you don't like having that deadline and don't have a local friend who has the game, I'd suggest getting another version(iOS, Android, etc), though(It's only the DS version that is affected by the Nintendo Wi-Fi shutoff). But if you want to get the DS version, PM me for the DS friend code thingy(from the 3DS's emu) so I can help you get mogmail out of the way!

Since it does use Nintendo Wi-Fi for sending mogmail over the Internet to unlock a couple things, I'd treat is as "If I get that version, I can't get 100% completion in a month unless i hurry with the mogmail". [EDIT] Confirmed. Search for the game here. It's perfectly playable if you don't feel like peppering someone with the game with 7-8 mogmails, just you won't be able to get the secret dungeon or unlock Onion Knight. (Don't worry, you aren't missing TOO much, the mogmail feature seemed tacked on to me just to please Nintendo when they made this remake.)

[Edit] Called Ninty; the tech told me local sending proly wouldn't work either once Nintendo Wi-Fi gets shut off. Crap, but at least I beat it months ago! If anyone HAS NOT finished that miniquest on the DS version, PM me. I'll be glad to help while i still can!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I appreciate your help. Don't worry about the mogmail, I can't use WI-FI on my 3DS anyway. Specifically because of the way the security is setup on my network.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

NP. Neko has fixed a router so we can still use any DS features; he's unplugging it after next month when it doesn't matter anymore. (Said router is a older one that DS's can still use, and thereby the DS emulator in the 3DS can use. WEP security of course but it's pretty limited on the connections it can do on purpose; the main router is WPA(Which my 3DS is set up on). I can ask my brother if you'd need help setting your 3DS up later for 3DS games if you like and you have WPA; DS..is wierd..and..doesn't like WPA at all. Same with the emulator. It won't work with the newer security.)

Still. I can easily mogmail and receive mogmail from this game if anyone's stuck. Just PM me and ask. As for me, I'm not going to restart on that save, I'm keeping it thanks! I might redo the game someday but not on the slot I beat with the mogmail subquest and all done. And if I have money when this comes out on PC; I may get just cuz, but we will see how the money situation goes.

Oh and for the record; this is the only game I have that really might be affected. Technically my copy of FFIV DS might be affected too, but I don't care to battle my Whyt. ^^ And of course, any 3DS games i have aren't affected by this, it's only DS and Wii servers that are getting shut off.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Coming to Steam soon for $15.99/€12.99/£10.99

Spoiler: show

Last month, we reported that Square Enix were bringing Final Fantasy III to PC, and this morning, Square Enix officially announced the game for a PC release.

Final Fantasy III will be available on Steam “soon”. It will cost $15.99/€12.99/£10.99.

Square say the game has been updated with Steam Trading Cards and Achievements, as well as new visual designs for the Job Mastery Cards.

Square Enix also mention “new and improved 3D visuals and story sequences,” but have not provided further details as to whether the PC version features upgrades over Final Fantasy III’s smartphone release.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2014/05/09...-9912-9910-99/

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Huh. I wouldn't mind beating a good version again (DS with the network on was good, and I beat the original(translated ROM) on the urging of a RPGamer boardie called Desh, for me this game is a big old nostalgia train). I tried the Android version but it took up WAY too much space on my Kindle, thank heaven I got that one for free with gift cards..that's when I went DS. (It's also REALLY awkward to play on the Kindle Fire..)

We'll see how the money situation is when this comes out. ^^

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Just noticed this today. I never played this so I'll look for it on a sale.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Square Enix announces Final Fantasy III, one of the best-loved games from the epic RPG series, is available from today on Steam, priced $15.99/£10.99/€12.99.

First released in Japan in 1990, Final Fantasy III was the first title in the FINAL FANTASY series to become a million-seller, establishing once and for all that SQUARE ENIX's classic RPG saga was here to stay. The game first reached European shores in 2007 when it launched as a 3D remake on the Nintendo DS, also selling in excess of one million copies.

Now available on Steam, Final Fantasy III has been optimised for PC gaming with new and improved 3D visuals and story sequences, and includes Steam Trading Cards and Achievements and new visual designs for the Job Mastery Cards.

The Story of Final Fantasy III

Protected by the crystals of light, the once peaceful land has forever been changed by the great tremor. Without warning, the earthquake pulled the crystals into the earth, upsetting the world’s fragile balance. It seems as if all hope is lost – but as the Gulgan prophecy foretold, four souls blessed with the light shall once again restore balance to the world.

Near the small village of Ur, fate guides Luneth to a sentient crystal that changes his life forever. As the light of the crystal fades, Luneth embarks on a journey to seek three others who share his destiny to search for the remaining crystals, and fight the battle of light and darkness.

Game Features

• New and improved 3D visuals and story sequences
    • Quicker browsing through the monster bestiary and other game record
    • New visual designs for the Job Mastery Cards
    • Upgraded graphics
    • Includes Achievements
    • New feature of Steam Trading Cards

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'm glad they're doing this but I don't know if I can justify buying this game a 5th time.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Okay. WoD/Sycrus Tower gave me the itch to buy this when it came up on sale.

Well? It's basically the portable version (iOS, Android) to the PC. No real graphical changes (and it shows; they could of done some graphical updates but they didn't) but for a port of a port of a very old NES game, it works. Not going to complain that hard about the graphics for that reason.

Main changes from the DS version are; no bottom screen so for the map, you'd better be packing a lot of Gnomish Bread (I try to keep a stack around); also the Mognet is reliant on who's in front of the party/who you talk to with whom, and you can't send messages, only receive. Fine with me, and I already got Onion Knight on my save.

Also when it first came out, it had some bugs; I think most of those are killed now tho I've had my controller go bonkers a couple times. (As in it kept going down or up or something, tho I know my DS3 is not stucks) So, yeah it may be a slightly lazy port but it plays fine for me. I'll be getting to Earth Crystal pretty soon. ^^

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

You guys missed this then SE had a huge sale on steam a week or so ago ended on the 9th. I picked this up as well as FF 4,7,8 for PC and Tomb raider all for like 28 dollars.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

God damnit. I will have to wait for that sale again. I really want VII and VIII on my PC so I don't have to dig out the playstation. I guess I could just emulate but eh, that takes effort... not a lot of effort, but more than I want to put into it.

III is a great game in its own right but not worth the price they're charging.

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Don't worry; Steam does deals on every holiday. I am certain the SE games will be on there for Easter or if not, the summer sale.

I *NEVER* buy anything from Steam unless it is at least half off; I usually wait for 60%+ but SE stuff rarely drops below half for FF titles.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

FINAL FANTASY III has received a number of brand new updates on PC(STEAM®), iOS and Android!
    This update includes:
    ・Gallery mode
    ・Auto battle function
    • 2x speed mode in battle

・UI Changes on STEAM®
    ・The ability to play in 21:9 on STEAM®
    ・New languages
    • Traditional Chinese (STEAM®)
    • Simplified Chinese (STEAM®)
    • Japanese (STEAM®)
    • Korean (STEAM® and Mobile)
    • Thai (STEAM® and Mobile)