Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

February - April Version Update Survey

Today we've implemented a survey for the February - April version updates and are requesting participation from adventurers all over Vana'diel!

We would like to hear your opinions on new Skirmish and Delve content, the addition of job-specific weapons, the large-scale fishing revamp, and the variety of quality-of-life adjustments we have made over the past few version updates. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

Survey period: Friday, April 18, 2014 to Friday, April 25 at 7:59 a.m. (PDT)

Start the survey here.

*A Square Enix Account is required to participate in this survey.
    *This survey can only be completed once for a single Square Enix Account.
    *Players who are still in a free trial period will not be able to participate in this survey.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Please voice your dissatisfaction with the job point system lol

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    "fuck this nonsense" was not an option unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    I couldn't decide which would be better to pick.. dissatisfied, or.. no plans to bother with it.. oh wait.. that's not what it's called lol..

Campaign
    BG Level

"Recently we've begun to see a lot of recruitment shouts for this skirmish and Outer Ra'Kaznar has become an area that is visited quite frequently."
    Yes because if people zone into Ra'kaznar to do Skirmish it means they are wandering around the zone.
    INORITE SE? Fuck logic lol

The new teleports to get to the entrance from deeper zones is a cool thing (even though I never tried them myself) but personally what I found the most annoying thing is that you have to rely on instant warps or D3 to get out from Ra'Kaznar. That's the most limiting thing imho and possibly one of the reasons why so few people bother with Reives in there.
    Lair ones are easy peasy but Colonization ones can be pretty annoying to solo =/

Hope they're gonna do something about CP/JP given the dissatisfaction.
    Adding a small amount of fixed CP to Voidwatch would be awesome. Same to adding more CP to more RoE and Coalition assignments. Even very small amounts, but at least give me the psychological positive effect that I'm making some step forward, as small as it may be, instead of giving absolutely nothing.
    I still don't get why they're being so cautious about CP. They want to promote group play kinda like 75 era Merit pts? I'd love to do pts like that but good luck getting one or even creating one unless you have friends to go.
    I've been trying for weeks with no success... As much as me and SE would love for this to happen, if things stay like this it's clear that something is "not working" and they'll have to offer alternatives for people to give a fuck about the system.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The thing about CP that limits them already is you have to be ON the job you want to collect the CP for. That's the only restriction you need. People will play those jobs and grind on them if the grind isn't retarded.

EDIT: The amount of people happy with how Cait Sith turned out makes me sad. ? Holy is a horrible attack. Hell, it doesn't even have BPs beyond level 75. Just... ugh. Hell is other people.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    The thing about CP that limits them already is you have to be ON the job you want to collect the CP for. That's the only restriction you need. People will play those jobs and grind on them if the grind isn't retarded.
    Uh, no. You have it incredibly fucking backwards. That only compounds on the problem that job points are retarded to obtain, due to only really being obtainable by "exping".

Make CP obtainable at a "reasonable" rate through ALL kinds of content, and the problem is fixed.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    Uh, no. You have it incredibly fucking backwards. That only compounds on the problem that job points are retarded to obtain, due to only really being obtainable by "exping".

Make CP obtainable at a "reasonable" rate through ALL kinds of content, and the problem is fixed.
    I don't know why you are saying I have it backwards when you and I agree. I was saying the only restriction for CPs should be what job you are on, and that they should be a lot more plentiful.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Less than a 4th of the people that bothered to take the survey being satisfied with Cait Sith isn't really a lot. Of those people most of them were probably just happy she was released at all. SE already said they're eventually going to add more BP to Cait Sith. Given the rewards we get other than the pact I'd say the quest was finalized long before the 99 update and they didn't bother to adjust it before release which is why the BP stop at 70 something. No guarantee the BP added later won't also suck but here's hoping I guess. But really, I donno why anyone expected Cait Sith to be more than a mascot or Carby 2.0.

There's an easy "solution" to this whole job points... Thing.

It also actually makes a piece of Adoulin content sustainable (what!?).

If they REALLY wanna keep it the same as it is now...
    !10 to cap a category. (That's 55 for you non math ppl)
    30k cap points for 1 job point.
    Have to be 0N the job.
    Etc

They should adjust the RoE capacity point reward for WKRs.
    The week after the June update saw WKR on Odin not being dead...
    Partial due to the augments (making Colkhab so popular that She usually died within 10min of anyone learning She was up...) and partially due to the new handbell and ring.
    But by a week later (on Odin anyways) and WKRs became noticeably slower....
    And now, ~2 weeks later... They're dead again.
    Just yesterday someone shouted during NA primetime for Colkhab (the most popular aug due to Store TP and FC) and for almost 2hr She went from 99~90%...
    That tells me the content is dead.

Which hurts new players...
    And their current model of "add a new item every other month"... Will just result in the same thing...

BUT if they made the RoE give out 10k capacity points... Instead of the insulting 1250 they currently give...
    Then WKR would become permanently attractive to old AND new players.
    Old players would use them for Job Points.
    And the new would benefit from there actually being enough people doing them to not take forever.

I used 10k/WKR because a whole cycle would give 2 Job Points...
    Which I think is balanced and fine. (Though I wouldn't be against 20 or even 30k L0L)

And before anyone says "but the leeeechers!"
    Those already exist now.
    And please explain to me... Just how bobbysue on BRD in the corner is hurting your bayld/experience point/capacity point gain?
    Because...
    They aren't.

Campaign
    BG Level

10k CP from WKR would be nice but alas not going to happen.
    Their long term solution for WKR wasn't only the Augment system, but rather the 100% HP Bayld and the chance at the HP Bayld Pouch.
    But that's not working very well, I think, because:
    1) Only a small minority of players are currently interested in HP Bayld (unless they find new use for them in the future... reforged empy?)
    2) Drop rate on the pouch is not as high as someone may hope for. For instance I did ~20 WKRs with max or close to max rank and never saw a single pouch.

HP Bayld was their long term idea to revive Reives. It's not just WKR suffering from this but Reives in general.
    Atm it's not working because HP Bayld ain't "attractive" enough. So either they add something else to Reives (more XP? CP? More bayld? Whatever?) or nothing's gonna change.

It's kinda a shame. I have good memories of the first months of SoA.
    People running around doing reives, quests, assignments, skirmish, delve, WKR... there really was content for all tastes, gear which had an insane difference compared to what was available before and really made you feel like you gained a new level cap, and so on.
    But clearly all of this wasn't well thought enough to be lasting over a long period of time and, as a matter of fact, it didn't.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

All reives, and a lot of other content really, should give some CP for clearing them. Not just more CP for doing the RoE quests associated with them. 10K CP would be reasonable for a capped evaluation in WKR considering they're only up once an hour and a group going out of their way to grind CP in a gates zone should be able to get 60k or so an hour unless I'm way off base. 6 wkr an hour would also be 60k in that case. Normal reives could give 10-20% or so of a total exp/bayld evaulation and that'd be pretty good. People would do WKR and Col. reives HP bayld supply would go up, people are happy etc. But SE will probably do something more convoluted in the future when they adjust CP again and people will still be annoyed about it.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    The new teleports to get to the entrance from deeper zones is a cool thing (even though I never tried them myself) but personally what I found the most annoying thing is that you have to rely on instant warps or D3 to get out from Ra'Kaznar. That's the most limiting thing imho and possibly one of the reasons why so few people bother with Reives in there.
    How do you say the teleports to the entrance of the area are a cool thing, then go on to say that it's annoying that warp is the only way out? That's their entire purpose. XD

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'd like a reason other than reives to have to go deep into Ra'Kaznar and get stuck there tbh. Idk why it doesn't have the best XP mobs in Adoulin at the very least, it's actually third at best.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    How do you say the teleports to the entrance of the area are a cool thing, then go on to say that it's annoying that warp is the only way out? That's their entire purpose. XD
    Uhm... I meant to say that currently you can warp TO Ra'kaznar pretty fast (thanks to the Skirmish thing, can warp there from any geomagnetic thingy in Adoulin City).
    They also added some new thingies which I still have to try that warp you from inner zones of Ra'kaznar to the entrance, and that's cool too.
    But the annoying part is that once you're into Ra'kaznar, there's no easy way to get out. Either you walk, you die or use the spell "Warp" through the many means available (BLM, /BLM, scrolls, items etc).

In other zones you can use the geomagnetic things to warp back to Adoulin, or even the HP Crystal.
    Don't tell me I'm the only person who, after a Skirmish run, felt annoyed by this? Or the only person who got pushed down after thinking to go doing some reives there? "Let's do some Reives in Kaznar! Naaaah..."

I mean, that's certainly (obviously!) not the only reason why so few players go in the zone to do something that's not Skirmish (which is why I originally quoted SE's post saying it's ridiculous to judge how much people really do content in Ra'kaznar if all they measure is the amount of people who zone in), but I think it contributes.

@Proth
    Isn't Ra'kaznar the best place for XP after the "dungeons"?
    There was a really nice spot for piercing jobs, with bats. You could use the RoE repeatable trial and kill them over and over. Only problem there is the occasional Colo reive popping, and those are a bit annoying to solo, as I mentioned before.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Warps are so easy to get, including 10 conquest point warp scrolls, I think your annoyance at the difficulty of manually leaving is pretty rare. I've never seen anyone else comment on it.

On the note of EXP, I personally found the rooms with a bunch of twitherym and fluterinis to be one of the best CP camps for melees. I went there often during the double CP event.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Warps are so easy to get, including 10 conquest point warp scrolls, I think your annoyance at the difficulty of manually leaving is pretty rare. I've never seen anyone else comment on it.
    Warp scrolls lol, yes! One at a time. And each time you need a new one you need to go to NPC, go through 3 or 4 text menus and get another.
    It's lost time for something unnecessary when in all other zones you have a common system to move around.
    And anyway that's not really something specific for Ra'kaznar, more something you can do everywhere, no?
    I just find it annoying Ra'kaznar is the only zone without it.
    I find it hard to believe it's just me but hey, who can say...

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Warp should just be an all jobs spell at this point really. Same with retrace, teleports, and recalls.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Because there is no flawed logic in that. Are we playing on a private server with teleport commands?