BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Warp scrolls lol, yes! One at a time. And each time you need a new one you need to go to NPC, go through 3 or 4 text menus and get another.
    It's lost time for something unnecessary when in all other zones you have a common system to move around.
    And anyway that's not really something specific for Ra'kaznar, more something you can do everywhere, no?
    I just find it annoying Ra'kaznar is the only zone without it.
    I find it hard to believe it's just me but hey, who can say...
    Just put your homepoint next to a warp scroll NPC, and make a habit of spending 5 seconds to get another one whenever you use it. It's not like your home point matters very much anymore, since you can teleport between any of them. Getting a warp scroll each time takes a lot less time than walking to the closest home point/waypoint/outpost/etc if you're in the field and want to go back to town.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Because there is no flawed logic in that. Are we playing on a private server with teleport commands?
    With abyssea/vw/home crystal/waypoint/BCNM/ring/etc teleports we are pretty close to that.

We have infinite essentially free warp scrolls, what's the point of wasting inventory space on them, or having to go through the conquest vendor dialogue over and over and over? Just for the occasional inconvenience when you forget to rebuy one? What is the point of having to switch to blm back and forth whenever you need to retrace? The teleport- spells are close to worthless since all of the above have been added. Retrace spells were never useful beyond provenance runs. Idk, the job exclusivity on these spells is just weird and out of date to me.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

o_O Retrace is meaningless now because of HP crystals and how they magically work with teleporting you into the alternate dimension.

Everything you listed has a better or faster alternative to get to where you want to go without having to use teleport-anything and no one uses recall- anything.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Warp scrolls lol, yes! One at a time. And each time you need a new one you need to go to NPC, go through 3 or 4 text menus and get another.
    It's lost time for something unnecessary when in all other zones you have a common system to move around.
    And anyway that's not really something specific for Ra'kaznar, more something you can do everywhere, no?
    I just find it annoying Ra'kaznar is the only zone without it.
    I find it hard to believe it's just me but hey, who can say...
    You'll be happy to know then that they're looking into making scrolls stackable. But nah, if warping is such a big deal, Biv 4 in Kamihr isn't that far away. And with the rate that we get exp anymore, I find myself just D3ing as long as I can make it quick. Warps are for when I'm someplace that that's not an option. D:

Campaign
    BG Level

edit:

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Make it a ja like 2hr that has its timer shared among jobs.

Monstrosity has one.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Because there is no flawed logic in that. Are we playing on a private server with teleport commands?
    He's probably talking about the fact that all modern MMOs in the past 8+ years have at least one mean to "return" to a selected home point, useable every X minutes/hours.
    It's usually built in, it doesn't take an inventory space and every character has it.

So yes, I kinda agree with what he said. But I don't see it happening.

@Malithar
    Yeah I usually just D3 myself as well.
    Well, most of the times I do have a scroll in inventory, and a Treat II staff, and several other items I forget to use (_S cities staves, Tavnazian Ring...)
    With the utility of HP now, I should remember more often about those items I keep in my Satchel.
    Fwahm does have a point too.
    But behind all of these words the thing is that: why should we player be creative to circumvein a limit that HAD a meaning in this game but that no longer has one given the changes we've seen over the last months?
    Which is what fantasticdan was saying and he does have a very valid point imho.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've been carrying extra warp cudgels in my invent or sack or satchel for so long I don't even think about it... but in a game that has spent so much time to get rid of the artificial time sink that is traveling it is odd they would somewhat recently make something that is reminiscent of the long walks around sky and such of old

Campaign
    BG Level

Exactely, I'm glad someone understands this point of view at least :D