+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Yowamushi Pedal     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

If that's the recap film with slight extras then it's been subbed since February. I've had that one since at least March if it's the same.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

There are 2 recap movies, Re:Ride and Re:Road which recap the first and second seasons of the show. And than there's the "YowaPedal Movie" which is an original story by the mangaka that takes place after the interhigh. It's new, I think. I thought it was the recap movie too until I lightly skimmed it this morning and learned it's a buncha new content.

Can watch it here if you're interested. And if linking to stream sites is rule-breaking, please either edit my post or just give me a heads up =X

Edit: Just finished watching it myself. Gonna put my thoughts in spoilers as it does spoil the plot of the movie for those who still wanna watch it.

Spoiler: show
    It was fun. Very feel-good. Not super intense and dramatic like the anime series got with moments like Onoda fighting from the back of the pack or pulling Tadokoro back up to the group after he drops out or anything like that. It just kind of puts a nice button on the series. In the manga, Makishima does bail early and there's a resolution to Onoda's feelings about it but it's not as... warm and fluffy (???) as the movie I guess? But it was nice regardless. A little far-fetched but the series as a whole is pretty far-fetched so it's fine lol.

Also, while they did touch on everyone's specialties when riding (like ABU ABU ABU ABU ANDY AND FRANKU, demon sprinter, huge lung capacity, mountain spider, etc, etc) it felt a lot more super-power'y in the movie than it did in the anime. The anime made their specialties seem just that; a somewhat unique style each rider had. Where as in the movie they were a lot more over the top. But annoyingly you don't see Onoda or Manami go all out or really use their "special powers" at all. Manami doesn't even sprout wings/use a gust of wind/whatever in the movie at all. Onoda does use his high cadence but again, it's not super over the top.

Also, no Midousuji. Like, at all outside of small little cameos so that was lame.

But the entire team sings the hime-hime song and that part was pretty hilarious and nice. The movie as a whole is really about the relationship between Onoda and Makishima, as well as Makishima getting a good final goodbye before he goes off to University early, more than it is about winning the race.

Overall, I enjoyed it. Not really amazing and doesn't compare to how good the anime was. But it's a nice button on the series as a whole should they not make any more seasons of the anime. Worth watching if you're a fan of YowaPedal. Just don't go in with super high expectations.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Season 3 was confirmed last October but it hasn't been given a release date yet sadly.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Really? News to me but I'll take it.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Yea I'm retiring Izumida for a while until the new season drops. There's almost no yowa cosplayers anymore. Sakuracon a year+ ago there were like 50 of them lol.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

New yowa pedal next season!
    Hype!

Also Long Riders is airing at the moment, another cycling anime.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Oh, facts!!

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gryffes View Post
    New yowa pedal next season!
    Hype!

Also Long Riders is airing at the moment, another cycling anime.
    and we've got another one coming next season or the one after, I think

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

There's a live action jdrama of yowa pedal.

It's terrible in classic jdrama fashion.
    Highschool kids being played by 30 year olds and classic jdrama bad acting.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

On today's episode, Izumida reveals his back muscles(?) Fabian. Took me a few seconds to figure it's named after this fellow:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabian_Cancellara

So he's named his body parts after the Schleck brothers from Luxembourg and now a Swiss rider. I wonder who's next lol.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Andy... Frank... and FABIAN!!!

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

I mean I have the back size for Fabian, but lol gonna be hard to use the stickers like andy/frank on my pecs when I cosplay lmao

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8