+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    blax n gunz
    BG Level

Blizzcon 2014 (November7, 8) DISCUSSION

I didn't even think they'd have one this year but I guess they have a lot to announce. It's been a year since Heart of the Swarm, I'm skeptical they have enough of Legacy of the Void to show off. Which leaves WoD content, Hearthstone goodies and Heroes of the Storm.

They aren't going to show Titan, recall it was scrapped nearly a year ago and rebooted from scratch. So that's years and years away.

They have one unannounced game, so that may be the focal point for fresh reveals.

Tickets will go on sale for $199 on Wednesday, May 7 at 7 p.m. PT and again on Saturday, May 10 at 10 a.m. PT. Additionally, tickets for a pre-BlizzCon dinner benefiting Children's Hospital of Orange County, Calif. will go on sale May 14 at 7 p.m. PDT. They are $750 each and include BlizzCon admission.
    Good luck getting tickets.

Starts on my birthday, might buy myself a virtual ticket.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Me and gf were debating a trip to cali later this year and I'm debating going... but $199 each is pretty rough. She's not into this kinda thing either so its a tough sell.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post

They aren't going to show Titan, recall it was scrapped nearly a year ago and rebooted from scratch. So that's years and years away.
    Hahahaha!! Really?? Gtfo?! Maybe it was because they were going all tab/target on that shit. Damn Blizzard I want to like your next MMO so scrapping is probably the best news I've heard.

And on that note, no reason to go back to Blizzcon unless they are announcing Titan soo...

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Me and gf were debating a trip to cali later this year and I'm debating going... but $199 each is pretty rough. She's not into this kinda thing either so its a tough sell.
    Blizzcon tickets pay for themselves if you buy 5 when you get in or sell the goodie bag afterwards.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Fuck me. I feel like we just paid for last year's.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    Blizzcon tickets pay for themselves if you buy 5 when you get in or sell the goodie bag afterwards.
    Two years ago tickets sold out when I was 3rd in que, had 5 tickets ready for purchase to resell. I thought they took preventative measures like battlenet names on the tickets or names must be in within a week so you couldn't buy and resell anymore.

If its still possible to resell them, then I will for sure go for 4-5 again. We were looking at going on vacation for 3-8 days in/around Anaheim anyway, and I might have a friend interested as well.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

The countermeasures increase the risk that you'll be left with unsold tickets but it's not impossible. YMMV.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Got 4.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

grats.

I think I was driving home when ticket sales opened. Same thing happened to me last year.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heavy Arms
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Booked a hotel for blizzcon now i just gotta hope i manage to get tickets tomorrow morning. Not expecting to but we will see.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Since I don't know if my gf will want to go or my friend can afford it, my current tickets are on eBay and I'll be trying to get more tomorrow. I hate to be that guy, but if I can use the money from the tickets for a chance to go for free or at least pay for the plane tickets it would be huge. It's a hell of a trip from Jersey.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heavy Arms
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Hate to be that guy??? lol shit you better sell those tickets for all you can get.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heavy Arms
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Wow got my ticket but what a bitch it was. Fuck wells fargo for denying my purchase with more than enough money in the account. Had to scramble to find someone with a spare 200 that would let me use their card to buy it. Luckily my mother came thru lol. Bout to go cancel my bank tho.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

If anyone wanted to go but couldn't get tickets, I'll be putting up 3-6 up for sale in buy sell trade. Looks like less of us are going to go then originally planned and I don't wanna deal with eBay when BG'ers might wanna go.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I got my ticket on Saturday after failing on Wednesday. Given that I live in San Diego, I'm debating if I should get a hotel or just drive back and forth.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Can someone link me to where they said they definitely were not showing Titan?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Would there even be anything to show? Didn't it get scrapped and repurposed?

blax n gunz
    BG Level

70% of their Titan development team was moved to other projects in 2013. It's unlikely they've ramped up enough to have a demo or anything to show for this year. They haven't said they're definitely not showing Titan, but expecting it to be there instead of their unannounced smaller scale title is a bit optimistic.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heavy Arms
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

So ready for this to be here. How many ppl here are going? I'm rolling solo but definitely would be cool to meet up with some BGers there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast