1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 52 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 7 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 22 hours, 52 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 11 hours, 7 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yeah, people give it a terrible name. I was talking to my buddy who said his leader refuses to let him or their other tank go WAR because it's weaker than PLD lol. This guy I know is a good WAR because I've played with him

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Describes like 5% of WARs.
    It unfortunately does, lol.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Oh well, it just makes good Wars stand out all the more.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Oh well, it just makes good Wars stand out all the more.
    That's a terrible way to look at it because most people just disregard the job since the majority of the ones you encounter make it as a whole look terrible.

Me included. I'm a pretty terrible WAR, I feel much more comfortable on PLD unless I'm speed running or some such.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

So glad Yoshi dispelled that whole 8v8v8 Frontlines thing. All my hopes and dreams for epic PvP rests with you Yoshi-kun.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Slycer signal activate! http://www.famitsu.com/news/201404/27052460.html

Apparently there's some questions in that article not in the old one.

Some people on Reddit are saying Famitsu transcribed some things in this article wrong though, so I don't know.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

why would famitsu need to translate anything

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Err worded that wrong. Meant transcribed.

What I mean: http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen...wgej?context=1

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

That doesn't say Famitsu transcribed the answer incorrectly (at least not to me), it says that whoever translated the answer Famitsu wrote down did so incorrectly. Siliconera is in error, not Famitsu.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Therin View Post
    That's a terrible way to look at it because most people just disregard the job since the majority of the ones you encounter make it as a whole look terrible.

Me included. I'm a pretty terrible WAR, I feel much more comfortable on PLD unless I'm speed running or some such.
    Perhaps for people outside my FC, but not within my FC, which is the only place I really care about. Outside of it, though, when people see how I fight, it changes their perception of War if they had a negative one. I'm used to things being this way from my XI Drg days, so it doesn't phase me how people perceive a Job, so long as the job is actually useful. War is incredibly useful, so I give no fucks if the average player (of whom I rarely interact with) thinks that War is shit.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    Err worded that wrong. Meant transcribed.
    makes more sense now, thought it might've been another event (since Yoshida is in Australia now?) but when I clicked the Famitsu link it was still the NicoNico shit so I got confused '~'

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I took a quick look through the Famitsu story and added in/updated the info in red:

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/120...=1#post6091753

Edit: retranslated housing part since that's apparently what's in question. I'll have to go check the video, but it seems like people who did that already showed that the Famitsu transcription was wrong.

Edit 2: Its a contextual problem. You could also translate it correctly as "it seems tough to set the price at 850,000 gil," as in "we can't set it that low." The problem is that Famitsu didn't transcribe the leading question from Takai. Taking it all into account, I'd agree that it should be something more than 850k (updating original translation again).

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

War is fine but compared to Pld it's a bit clunky and isn't optimized quite as well. People definitely have a harder time playing it. The biggest discrepancy as a serious War though in my eyes is Holmgang vs Hallowed Ground. If your healers are doing their job there is no necessary time to use it. It's utility isn't nearly as good as Hallowed Ground. They should either make it a completely instant ability with no animation lock or come up with something better than 1 HP invincibility. It would make more sense to me if it did something like once triggered if you hit 1 health it would restore you to full health.

People definitely have a harder time playing it.
    Well, that could be the point, design-wise.
    Meaning, I like the fact that you have one "easy access" tank - PLD - and another one that requires more thoughts and experience.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

more then 850K, going to be very few houses out there!

and people doubted me when i said houses will be over 1mil >.>

also, wtb DX11+ hq textures

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by orson View Post
    War is fine but compared to Pld it's a bit clunky and isn't optimized quite as well. People definitely have a harder time playing it. The biggest discrepancy as a serious War though in my eyes is Holmgang vs Hallowed Ground. If your healers are doing their job there is no necessary time to use it. It's utility isn't nearly as good as Hallowed Ground. They should either make it a completely instant ability with no animation lock or come up with something better than 1 HP invincibility. It would make more sense to me if it did something like once triggered if you hit 1 health it would restore you to full health.
    Welcome to the problem with these abilities and their hindered usefulness when shit hits the fan, thanks to that delay.

WAR does have considerable advantages in terms of defensive damage reduction that can, essentially, be preemptively on-demand since shit is scripted. Just toss a Benediction just before Holmgang wears I guess; it's almost as good.

Speaks in riddles
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reyd Nalaar
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Draenor

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    more then 850K, going to be very few houses out there!

and people doubted me when i said houses will be over 1mil >.>
    There will be much rage when a small little shack no bigger then the original small house without the basement costing 2mil = a personal house...

Me @ my medium FC house reading the OF

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

They've added so much gil the economy I don't did 1mil will be a big deal by the time 2.3 hits. Roulette+Dailies+Challenge log alone is an easy 100k+ a week. Add that to Retainers and Brayfox mats and it isn't before long people will have their million+.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Sitting at just over 12m, before 2.2 I was at like 500k. Best update ever bring on the houses.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Info #5: The "Misery" debuff from a Gremlin special technique in the Lost City of Amdapor can be removed by the action of the comfort and rally emotes.
    Has someone managed to get this to work? It seems hit and miss, unless it's a % chance of working and I just have to spam the emotes.