+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

DQXI confirmed the localized names of the main characters.

For the record here are the Japanese names next to the localized English names.

Camus = Erik

Veronica = Veronica

Senya = Serena

Martina = Jade

Row = Rab(Rabert)

Sylvia = Sylvando

Greg = Hendrick

Homer = Jasper

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Erik is an interesting choice. Very close to Erdrick.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Dragon Quest XI Symphonic OST. In Japan you get this if you bought the collectors edition.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

New interview with Yuji Horii. He talks about how he convinced SE to make the western version of DQXI to be fully 100% complete. That means, there will be no downloadable content, nor any microtransactions. He and his team wanted to take things back to it's roots where games were the full deal instead of how most games are with being mostly games as a service, today.

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/the...quests-creator

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Good guy Horii

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Now if only the rest of SE would follow his example.... which they won't.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Dragon Quest XI for Switch is taking it's sweet time because the version of UE4 the game was originally built in is too outdated to run on the Switch. Also, a western release of the Switch version is still planned and they originally were going to delay the PS4 western version to match the Switch version, but decided against that.

https://gematsu.com/2018/04/dragon-q...nreal-engine-4

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That would've been an awful move, thankfully they decided to release the PS4 version.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    That would've been an awful move, thankfully they decided to release the PS4 version.
    Yeah, I agree. But that doesn't excuse the fact that theyve had a year+ to have been getting the Switch version up to date and it's still a year+ out.

I know they're wanting to do it right, and ive always respected the Enix side in that regard because they understand more than just the dollar figures. But to me this says SE didn't really begin work on the Switch version until late last year or early 2018 - dragging their heels until the Switch looked positive enough to make the release worthwhile.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

the switch version wasn't in development in earnest until the PS4 version of the game was out in japan. iirc prior to that the only switch work being done was trying to figure out whether it would be based on a port of the PS4 or 3DS version of the game.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Yeah, I agree. But that doesn't excuse the fact that theyve had a year+ to have been getting the Switch version up to date and it's still a year+ out.

I know they're wanting to do it right, and ive always respected the Enix side in that regard because they understand more than just the dollar figures. But to me this says SE didn't really begin work on the Switch version until late last year or early 2018 - dragging their heels until the Switch looked positive enough to make the release worthwhile.
    I don't blame them for that honestly, the WiiU was a huge flop and it takes time to shift staff and resources into a port. They likely wanted to push the PS4/3DS versions out first because those were the popular platforms at the time.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

There will be a demo at E3. Here are some sneak peaks of the demo.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Going to spoiler this thought, just in case im on the mark from anyone who has played the JP version.

Spoiler: show
    Since we've seen Loto's sword (im assuming as such) being forged here...is this a DQ3 prequel?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

SE announced the PS4 collectors edition today.

Looks kinda underwealming for $150.00. But you can pre-order at the SE store if your interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Going to spoiler this thought, just in case im on the mark from anyone who has played the JP version.

Since we've seen Loto's sword (im assuming as such) being forged here...is this a DQ3 prequel?
    Actually DQXI is the sequel to DQIII. The Hero in DQXI is the reincarnation of Loto.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bombur View Post
    SE announced the PS4 collectors edition today.

Looks kinda underwealming for $150.00. But you can pre-order at the SE store if your interested.
    Available for pre-order in limited quantities exclusively from the Square Enix Online Store, the “Edition of Lost Time” contains a variety of treasures to complement the adventure, including:

• The “Edition of Light” version of the game for the PlayStation 4 includes the Supplicant, an accessory with the power to restore magic points, Healer, an accessory with the power to restore hit points, and 3 Seeds of Skill, a consumable item which confer a players extra skill points.

• Companion Compendium – a 128-page hardback art book featuring concept art and famed artist Akira Toriyama’s early designs

• Symphonic Suite – a 2-disc set featuring orchestrated versions of in-game music

• The Map of Erdrea – a 20”x15” cloth map

• A Collectible Steelbook Case

• Bonus Digital Content – including Pep Pop, a drink that immediately peps up all active allies, and 15 more Seeds of Skill, which confer players extra skill points.
    https://store.na.square-enix.com/pro...-lost-time-ps4

The physical Day One “Edition of Light” is available to pre-order now from retailers nationwide for the PlayStation 4 system, and comes with a reversible cover featuring artwork from Akira Toriyama. Additionally, players who pre-order from the online PlayStation Store can treat themselves to the exclusive “The Legend Reborn” Theme as an instant reward along with in-game DLC items when the game launches. Fans who pre-purchase from Steam will receive an exclusive PC Wallpaper Set and in-game DLC items.
    http://sqex.to/DQ11PSN
    http://sqex.to/DQ11STEAM

Ugh. I may actually spring for the 150$ one just because that steel book looks so awesome. I almost have enough steelbooks to make them in to some sort of wall art and I wantses it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://www.dualshockers.com/dragon-...xi-switch-ps4/

Switch version to have features the PS4 version does not, no information on what that exactly means.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast