+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29
    Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    So people are comparing video and the DQ XI-S version seems to be a ported version of the Switch release, and hence will have lesser graphics than the OG PS4 release.
    If that ends up being the case I waited for nothing.

That would put me in the "Will get for Switch eventually when I get a Switch" territory.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

How is this not just a thing you can upgrade the original game to on PS4? Why does this game continue to piss me off with stupid post-launch releases lol.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Some thoughts:

1. They did that whole royal pass thing for ppl who already had 15, they could get the royal edition content for $20 instead of paying for the entire thing again... Why not do something similar here?

2. Using the switch as a "base" -shouldn't- be a problem. The game uses UE4, and a bunch of people on the switch hacking communities have made mods that edit some UE4 config file to change a bunch of graphic settings, which I assume is (at least for the most part) what they changed to downgrade the switch version to improve performance.

So it really *should* just be a matter of using the config from the PS4 version. Don't know how assets are stored, but may need to use the original PS4 ones as well? Some assets would need to be swapped anyway (any system specific things).

Unless they made some real fuck up (and hey, this is SE...) it shouldn't be an issue.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Dragon Quest fans around the world will rejoice as Square Enix Ltd., announced Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition will make its way on to PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system, the Xbox One family of devices as an Xbox Play Anywhere title, Windows 10 and PC (Steam) on December 4, 2020. This marks the debut of the beloved series on Xbox and the game will be available at launch on Xbox Game Pass for Console and Xbox Game Pass for PC, bringing its unique art style and rich storytelling to a whole new audience.

Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition promises to be an enthralling and unmissable adventure for RPG fans. The perfect first step into the world of Dragon Quest for the uninitiated, players will follow the perilous journey of the Luminary, a hunted hero who must uncover the mystery of his fate with the aid of a charismatic cast of supporting characters. Embarking on a quest taking them across continents and over vast oceans they will learn of an ominous threat facing the world.

Packed with over 100 hours of content from the critically acclaimed 2017 release of Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age, this definitive version also brings with it an array of upgrades and enhancements including:

• New character side stories – Get to know your fascinating cast of companions more than ever with individual side stories and adventures

• Retro 2D mode - In addition to stunning 3D you can also choose to play in 2D with retro inspired graphics of classic 16-bit RPGs

• 16-bit World of Tickington – Journey to past Dragon Quest worlds full of additional side-quests reimagined in the retro style

• Japanese audio – Choice to play the entire game with all-new Japanese voice over or the original English

• Fully Orchestrated Soundtrack – Ability to switch between the symphonic soundtrack or the original synthesized soundtrack as you travel the world of Erdrea

• Photo mode - Immortalize your adventure with the perfect image. Rearrange characters, set different poses, change angles etc. are just some of the features available in Photo Mode
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/dr...n/9pbdc0xz8txk
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...itive_Edition/

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    Some thoughts:

1. They did that whole royal pass thing for ppl who already had 15, they could get the royal edition content for $20 instead of paying for the entire thing again... Why not do something similar here?

2. Using the switch as a "base" -shouldn't- be a problem. The game uses UE4, and a bunch of people on the switch hacking communities have made mods that edit some UE4 config file to change a bunch of graphic settings, which I assume is (at least for the most part) what they changed to downgrade the switch version to improve performance.

So it really *should* just be a matter of using the config from the PS4 version. Don't know how assets are stored, but may need to use the original PS4 ones as well? Some assets would need to be swapped anyway (any system specific things).

Unless they made some real fuck up (and hey, this is SE...) it shouldn't be an issue.
    It should more or less just be a matter of increasing the resolution and unlocking the frame rate (for PC), and importing the higher quality texture maps from the older version, maybe adjust some LOD settings and whatnot. Which should all be relatively simple with the dev tools for UE4.

There's no good reason for SE to fuck it up other then being SE. So yeah they'll probably fuck it up

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ehh, damn them :D

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

S demo available for PC/PS4/XB1

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Playing it now.. SE took away those Regen/Refresh accessories they gave you with "Claim Rewards" at the beginning of the game, lol. Now I actually have to heal myself from time to time.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This is indeed a port of the Switch version. How unfortunate. In turn, Steam has de-listed the original DQ11.

So the option to download OG DQ11 to play the game with appropriately scaled 4K 60hz graphics and manually inject the orchestrated soundtrack and JP voices is no longer possible. You're forced to play the 1080p Switch port scaled to 4k if you held out for the PC DE to play the extra character side-story content and such.

I didn't play DE Switch, but I bet whatever plot they added is minimal/inconsequential fan-tailored stuff. I guess I'm going to stick with OG DQ11 PC and watch youtube videos of people playing the extra content.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

If you have game pass you get it for free on pc and that's the version I've been playing. There are some new things like the DE from the port but it's more the same as OG. I never got that far in the original, only up to the mermaid stuff, so all this stuff past that is new to me.