Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    I don't think there's been an unambiguous "my deal is sex appeal" DQ character since IV, and Maya was 8-bit so she probably doesn't count. Unless you include her DQ Heroes appearance.
    Jessica says hello.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Jessica's giant rack was incidental to her character, not central to it. Come on, do you think I'd forget Jessica?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Fair point, though i still contend she was pretty borderline. I couldn't shake the fact that she was walking fan service.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

To be fair on both sides, its not like DQ pulls punches when making sex jokes though.

BG Level

U want sum

Puff-puff?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Anyone following DQXI? It might be a spoiler, so I'll put in spoilers.

Spoiler: show
    I've been curious as to what people think of Sylvia? He's the Bard dude, who is pretty flamboyant. At first I thought he was gay, but when you follow the story he self-identify's himself as a woman, and uses Japanese female pronouns, when he talks. So I figure he must be the first transsexual party member in the series. What I am worried about though is how he will be handled in the localisation. I wonder how tastefully it might be handled. I can see something like this turned into a satire very quickly.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Looks like sales have really dropped off. According to Square Enix, the game is only going to reach the lower end of their sales expectations.

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/08/16...s-3ds-version/

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Bombur View Post
    Looks like sales have really dropped off. According to Square Enix, the game is only going to reach the lower end of their sales expectations.

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/08/16...s-3ds-version/
    Good, accelerate the Switch version. I bet that the 3DS sales were impacted by people waiting for the Switch version.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Yesterday at the Unreal Fest event, DQ creator Yuji Hori, and DQ programmer Mitsuru Kamiyama talked about the Switch version.

The Switch version of DQXI will run on UE4, and will be based on the PS4 version. But with the Switch version being in UE 4.15 and the PS4 version being in UE 4.13, it's creating "technical adjustments.” Which is taking them longer to release than they thought.

http://twinfinite.net/2017/10/dragon...witch-version/

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

September 4th for the NA release date on PS4. No idea for the other versions, only saw confirmation on the PS twitter account.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I remember something when they announced it (officially) for the Switch that all 3 versions would hit NA within the same window, and it would not be the JP release situation when the Switch version would be coming a year+ later than the PS4 version.

Regardless, it isn't getting a buy from me until the Switch version is released.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Also... I thought this game didn't have voice acting? Did they do voice acting just for NA/EU?

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    I remember something when they announced it (officially) for the Switch that all 3 versions would hit NA within the same window, and it would not be the JP release situation when the Switch version would be coming a year+ later than the PS4 version.

Regardless, it isn't getting a buy from me until the Switch version is released.
    Nintendo likes to announce their own stuff, I could see it getting announced at a May direct or at E3 for day and date.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Nintendo likes to announce their own stuff, I could see it getting announced at a May direct or at E3 for day and date.
    True, and I also would not be surprised if Sony is trying to soak what they can from preorders knowing that the Switch version will eat a good bit of their potential sales.

Edit: Well, nevermind.

On a website that can't be linked, it seems SE told this outlet point blank that the Switch version definitely will not be ready for 2018, and the 3DS version will not see a western release at all.

Thats a pretty big kick in the knockerydoos for the first actual Switch game ever announced. It's going to be tough not supporting the series off the bat, but I am 100% holding out for the Switch version.

It makes zero sense for your excuse to be "building the brand" but not capitalize on the install base of the 3DS or the increasing popularity of the Switch.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Coming to NA & EU on PC & PS4 September 4th
    One of the most revered role-playing game franchises of all time returns to the West with Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age™ coming to the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system and Steam on September 4.

Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age tells a captivating tale of a hunted hero and is the long-awaited role-playing game from series creator Yuji Horii, character designer Akira Toriyama, and series composer Koichi Sugiyama. As the eleventh mainline entry in the critically acclaimed series, Dragon Quest XI is a completely standalone experience that features entirely new characters, a beautifully detailed world, finely tuned turn-based combat, and an immersive story that will appeal to longtime fans and franchise newcomers alike. After its release in Japan, Dragon Quest XI won multiple gaming awards and received critical praise, including PlayStation’s Platinum Prize and a perfect 40/40 score from Famitsu (Japanese publication).

In addition to delivering over 100 hours of content, the Western release of Dragon Quest XI will also feature several upgrades and enhancements that were not included in the Japanese release, including:

• English Voiceover

• Draconian Quest, a hard mode that offers additional challenges for more experienced players.

• Overhauled Menus & UI, with graphical enhancements and more intuitive navigation.

• Camera Mode, allowing players to take in views of the beautiful landscape, character renders and ferocious monsters in detail.

• A New Dash Function and many other system enhancements such as improved character and camera movement

Beginning today, adventurers who pre-order from the PlayStation Store can treat themselves to the exclusive “The Legend Reborn” Theme as an instant reward, along with in-game DLC items when the game launches.
    http://www.dq11.com/
    NA PSN - https://store.playstation.com/en-us/...00000000000000
    EU PSN - https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/...AGONQUESTXIPRE
    Steam - http://store.steampowered.com/app/74...n_Elusive_Age/

BG Level

Hmm... I want to preorder this but I wonder if they'll release a special edition.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post

Also... I thought this game didn't have voice acting? Did they do voice acting just for NA/EU?
    The Japanese Version didn't have voice overs. But SE re-did the UI and put in Voice overs for the NA/EU version.

If you played DQI, II, and III you will notice that XI is a sequel of sorts.

Also I hope SE doesn't censor XI in the west.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I am hearing that SE is still having trouble with the Switch version, so it's been delayed till much, much later. Also SE has decided to not release the 3ds version in the west.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Bombur View Post
    The Japanese Version didn't have voice overs. But SE re-did the UI and put in Voice overs for the NA/EU version.

If you played DQI, II, and III you will notice that XI is a sequel of sorts.

Also I hope SE doesn't censor XI in the west.
    I doubt they'd censor anything on the PS4. The Switch might be another thing though. Looking forward to this game a lot. The last one I played was DQ8, which is on my favorite jrpg list.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    True, and I also would not be surprised if Sony is trying to soak what they can from preorders knowing that the Switch version will eat a good bit of their potential sales.

Edit: Well, nevermind.

On a website that can't be linked, it seems SE told this outlet point blank that the Switch version definitely will not be ready for 2018, and the 3DS version will not see a western release at all.

Thats a pretty big kick in the knockerydoos for the first actual Switch game ever announced. It's going to be tough not supporting the series off the bat, but I am 100% holding out for the Switch version.

It makes zero sense for your excuse to be "building the brand" but not capitalize on the install base of the 3DS or the increasing popularity of the Switch.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but all 3DS DQ games have been distributed by Nintendo in the West. Nintendo is likely not interested in doing that this time so no western release.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast