1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 12 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 47 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 11 hours, 12 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 22 hours, 47 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: ACT question     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Thanks for the quick fix.

What's it supposed to do?
    It reads the network data using WinPCap (http://www.win10pcap.org/) instead of using my own custom raw socket implementation. This is similar to how Wireshark reads data.

The main benefit is to resolve configuration issues where some users just cannot get network mode to work at all, even after trying to add firewall exceptions. It's really just a stab in the dark, since I haven't been able to reliably reproduce the errors, but I want to eventually retire the 'memory' mode of the FFXIV plugin since it will never be as accurate as network parsing.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I had to re-install ACT from scratch. I'm trying to redo my Special Spell Timers, but I'm not seeing the new version in English anywhere (only found the JP one).

If anyone has a link to the English version, I would greatly appreciate it!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Special Spell Timer comes in both languages. In the final tab towards the top, there should be a drop down menu to select the language.

That's ^ the option you're lookin for.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Ohhhhh, derp.

Thanks guys!

Edit: removed

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Updated to version 1.4.2.5:
    Fixed a hard-to-find bug that was causing problems for FFLogs: debuffs (for example, DoTs) were not always getting refreshed properly in the log data. ACT parses were not affected, but parses on FFLogs were missing DoT ticks.
    FC action buffs are now filtered from the log data, they were causing log inflation.
    Removed logging of player stats and weapon damage from the log data, these frequently break on updates and have a very limited use. If people really want them back, contact me via email and we’ll talk.
    Slightly modified buff text in ACT to include the duration that a buff lands for (i.e. “target gains the effect of Phlebotomize from player for 24.00 seconds.”).
    Minor optimization to network data gathering – the code was storing a list of combat actions on each target that was never getting released.
    Added some Zone ID’s – thanks to EQ2Flames user Xephero!

Forgot to include - the memory mode DoT simulation is fixed.
    http://www.eq2flames.com/plugin-disc...ml#post2130829

E. Body
    BG Level

so i had to move my taskbar around while ACT & FFXIV was running and it fucked up my overlay parser & spell timer sizes
    resizing the parser was easy since it was just the matter of clicking on it's scaling arrow on the bottom right but for some reason it's impossible to fix the spell timer bar.
    not seeing any scaling arrows nor any options to resize/position it on ACT.
    i swear i managed to resize it before; anyone have any ideas?

edit: GOT IT
    all i had to do was check and uncheck lock overlay
    fml

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Just downloaded this for the first time. How do you get the in game display when playing full screen?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

The overlays don't work with Fullscreen. Needs to be windowed or windowed fullscreen. If you have dual monitors you can make the overlay appear on the second monitor I think as a workaround.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Noob question, I hope it's alright...apologies if it is not! I'm seeing a trend in my Diadem and Diadem (Hard) parses, and I'm wondering if it's possible whether the logs might be incorrect? They keep telling me a BLM in the party is DPSing below the healers, over the course of several runs now. I have my doubts whether this is true, and plan on comparing logs with someone else. Just in case it's an ACT-wide problem, do you think it's possible to get things so wrong? It otherwise seems to reflect my recollection of each run and I didn't fiddle with the settings much, just set things up according to the Xine Xero video.

Thank you--and apologies again if I'm wrong to ask such a nooby question here!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Leezil View Post
    Noob question, I hope it's alright...apologies if it is not! I'm seeing a trend in my Diadem and Diadem (Hard) parses, and I'm wondering if it's possible whether the logs might be incorrect? They keep telling me a BLM in the party is DPSing below the healers, over the course of several runs now. I have my doubts whether this is true, and plan on comparing logs with someone else. Just in case it's an ACT-wide problem, do you think it's possible to get things so wrong? It otherwise seems to reflect my recollection of each run and I didn't fiddle with the settings much, just set things up according to the Xine Xero video.

Thank you--and apologies again if I'm wrong to ask such a nooby question here!
    The BLM is a shitter.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Well shit lol. Thanks man. =)

(I'm not the BLM...I'm the healer. >_>)

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

So I reinstalled act on a new install recently and that part works fine. I'm trying to build the OverlayPlugin.dll and its giving me shit. I'm on win10 x64 and it has .net 4.6.1, and I've installed the 2013 build tools like the github readme says. When I run the build.bat I get the errors below, the first in yellow warning text and the second in red error text. For the second one, that registry key it lists, I don't even have a HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SDKs key...

Code:
    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(983,5): warning MSB3644: The reference assembl
    ies for framework ".NETFramework,Version=v4.5" were not found. To resolve this, install the SDK or Targeting Pack for t
    his framework version or retarget your application to a version of the framework for which you have the SDK or Targetin
    g Pack installed. Note that assemblies will be resolved from the Global Assembly Cache (GAC) and will be used in place
    of reference assemblies. Therefore your assembly may not be correctly targeted for the framework you intend.
    Code:
    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(2863,5): error MSB3086: Task could not find "A
    L.exe" using the SdkToolsPath "" or the registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.0
    A\WinSDK-NetFx40Tools-x86". Make sure the SdkToolsPath is set and the tool exists in the correct processor specific loc
    ation under the SdkToolsPath and that the Microsoft Windows SDK is installed

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

So... I'm mostly a lurker here, but I made a very detailed custom trigger for ACT that seems to be gaining some traction - so I thought I'd cross-post it here. Original post on my FC website.

---

tl;dr: Custom Trigger for ACT, alerts when combos miss. Specifically, this is NOT about accuracy. It won't count actual misses. I'm talking about attacks with a combo bonus property that are NOT receiving the combo bonus due to being used out of order.
    Warning: I suck at Regex and it's ugly, but it works.

I'll post the short version here, since this is the ACT thread and you all probably know what you're doing, but if you need any help setting up, just let me know;.

#1: Main trigger, combos
    Regular Expression
    Code:
    :(?<fname>.\w+) (?<lname>.\w+):[^:]*:(?<ability>Aeolian Edge|Gust Slash|Dancing Edge|Trick Attack|Shadow Fang|Armor Crush|Sneak Attack|Savage Blade|Royal Authority|Riot Blade|Goring Blade|Rage Of Halone|Maim|Skull Sunder|Butcher's Block|Storm's Path|Storm's Eye|Syphon Strike|Souleater|Spinning Slash|Delirium|Power Slash|Disembowel|Chaos Thrust|Vorpal Thrust|Full Thrust)(?::[^:]*){10}:(70105|70103|25070103|25070105|2C070103|2C070105|21070203|21070205|70203|70205)
    TTS
    Code:
    ${fname} missed ${ability}
    This is the meat and potatoes. It'll check all the listed abilities for combo misses and announce "(Name) missed (uncombo'd move)". Oh, people always ask about Trick Attack/Sneak Attack - this checks the positional on those moves only, since I figured out I could.

#2 Iron Jaws
    Regex
    Code:
    :(?<fname>.\w+) (?<lname>.\w+):[^:]*:(?<ability>Iron Jaws)(?::[^:]*){14}:0:
    TTS
    Code:
    ${fname} missed ${ability}
    Iron Jaws is a bit different - the code is in a different place, so I made it a separate trigger. It's not technically a combo, but this detects if you ever use Iron Jaws to refresh 0 or 1 DoTs, instead of both.

Bonus: Other misc "fail" triggers

#3 Bunny
    Regex
    (use|uses) Rabbit Medium.
    TTS: Whatever

#4 Hyoton
    Regex
    (?<fname>.\w+) (?<lname>.\w+) (use|uses) Hyoton.
    TTS
    Code:
    ${fname} used heo tawn
    Comment: Fudged the TTS to make the lady say "Hyoton" better. Apparently this is useful in PVP, so you may want to turn it off in there.

That's all, just thought I'd share. Dunno if I should make my own post or whatever for this, but I wanted to put it out there somehow. Feedback is appreciated!

P.S. I do NOT recommend using these triggers in FATEs or Void Ark unless you enjoy ear cancer.

Edit: Cleaned up the regular expressions a little

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Question time! I'm using the Timeline plugin. I double right clicked the window to hide it. I can't figure out how to make it come back. I've tried everything with the exception of reinstalling ACT to get it back.

Edit: Just deleted appdata config.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Captain Condon
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Question time! I'm using the Timeline plugin. I double right clicked the window to hide it. I can't figure out how to make it come back. I've tried everything with the exception of reinstalling ACT to get it back.

Edit: Just deleted appdata config.
    Isn't there a button at the top of the ACT window? Same place you would hide or show the default FFXIV overlays. You could also try to remove the plugin in the ACT UI, then add it back again.

Good luck!

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I've look around, but haven't been able to find it.

How would I go about creating or what code would I use for a custom trigger that alerts me whenever someone in my party or an enemy receives/uses a certain buff/debuff? For instance: 'Party member name' suffers the effect of Pacification.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

@Crumpets - depends how specific you want to be. Do you want it to say their name?

Here's an example for Throttle, specifically. First, the most generic - an announcement every time throttle is applied without a name. First quote is the Regular Expression, second quote is the TTS.

(suffer|suffers) the effect of Throttle.
    throttle
    Now the same example that includes a dynamic name:

(?<member>.\w+) (suffer|suffers) the effect of Throttle.
    throttle ${member}
    It will announce "Throttle [player's last name]". Lastly, really generically, anytime anyone suffers ANY debuff it will announce it:

:(?<name>[^\.^:]*) (suffer|suffers) the effect of (?<debuff>[^\.]*).
    ${name} got ${debuff}
    OPTIONAL: Explanation

The last trigger is a bit complex, so let me explain the parts quickly:

:(?<name>[^\.^:]*)
    The ":" at the beginning captures the leading colon in the ACT log before a 'suffers the effect of' message. It always precedes the name of the player affected.
    (?<variable>condition) - without the variable in the list, this will just capture a group of characters matching the condition. In this case, they're also stored in the variable.
    [^\.^:]* - The [ ] means a capture group for any character that is NOT (signified by ^) a period (escaped, because periods are special characters by default, so \.) or a colon (^:). Also, do this repeatedly until it's not true (*).

So this line stores a bunch of characters except colons or periods in the variable "name".

(suffer|suffers)
    | is just logical OR, so this checks for either the phrase 'suffer' (for "you suffer the effect of ____) or 'suffers' for party members.

(?<debuff>[^\.]*).
    Similar to the first line, stores a sequence of characters leading up to a period in the variable "debuff".

Hope any of that helped.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Has anyone been having any trouble with ACT and discord?

Whenever I have both running with ACT, I seem to get intermittent Fatal Direct X errors. This only seems to happen when I have both ACT and Discord running at the same time.