1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 28 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 31 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 23 hours, 28 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 10 hours, 31 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: ACT question     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm trying to figure out regex so I can make a custom trigger for forked lightning/other debuffs (one that tells me via a variable who has it, some people in my group aren't paying enough attention), does anyone have a premade one they can post, or have a link to an ELI5-type FAQ on making your own?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmakan View Post
    Just recently started having an issue where ACT starts a new encounter ever 1-2 seconds even though I'm still engaged and fighting a target. Anyone else encounter this issue? Thoughts on fixing it?

I'll probably just re-install and hope that fixes it.
    Finally found the cause of the 1-2 second encounter problem.

It is likely due to local time being out of sync with the ffxiv server. Try updating your local time with a NTP server for now. I'm working on a fix and will release it tonight / tomorrow.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Anyone have t12 triggers/timers handy? A bennu one would be nice.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

What happened with the latest update? My numbers are off and I don't know why. Like did a couple expert dungeons and triple flare on 6+ mobs usually net me 1000+ DPS but I've been seeing 500+.

Edit: Single target looks okay though. Maybe I'm just tripping, hah.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Skai View Post
    What happened with the latest update? My numbers are off and I don't know why. Like did a couple expert dungeons and triple flare on 6+ mobs usually net me 1000+ DPS but I've been seeing 500+.

Edit: Single target looks okay though. Maybe I'm just tripping, hah.
    Network or Memory parsing? It is not impossible that memory parsing could be missing some AOE hits, although when I compare the two modes it almost never happens for player spells, only incoming mob aoes. If that is the case, not much I can do, the code is already pretty tight but MS-Windows has a nasty habit of preempting the scanning threads for 100ms-500ms, presumably for C# garbage collection or if the CPU core is needed for other purposes.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

http://i.gyazo.com/8094750d7be25a607c3cb3234609edb6.gif

Is this something ACT can do? Or is this just some photoshop of something that somebody wanted?

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hitome Naoki
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Amazing!

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Renori Ironer
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by emmgee View Post
    Anyone have t12 triggers/timers handy? A bennu one would be nice.
    Bennu is one minute. Just look at the instance timer.

Edit: Just glanced over the act_timeline plugin. This is actually a somewhat-decent framework for DBM for this game.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I use unchained on the first bennu (and third and fifth since our dps needs work). since that's 120s timer, I know when every bennu is gonna pop pretty easily.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Joyo Mojo
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Kul Tiras

Theres some really nice plugins for ACT it seems. Never knew these existed.

https://github.com/grindingcoil/act_timeline
    I would love to see some english translated scripts for this if anyone has any. Half the default ones dont even work and google translate sucks.

https://github.com/RainbowMage/OverlayPlugin
    Really nice Miniparse window replacement. I got no clue what half the options mean but at least the window fits into the UI nicely now!

https://github.com/anoyetta/ACT.SpecialSpellTimer
    Got some basic stuff to work with trial and error but i have no luck getting the recast timers to look like this:
    http://lavieenash.com/wp-content/upl...2.36.41001.jpg

Would be really nice if anyone could translate the option menus to english.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

so that mini parse window my friend used is the one u linked!!!

it looks really awesome, i'll try it when i get home tmr and translate

I need that goddamn recast time on my icons.

SE is never gonna fuckin do it (even though the function is already in game ffs).

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It's not too hard to get the overlay plugin and the MPTimer working. Even though all the options are in JP, some use of the camera function with Android's Google Translate got me going. If Arthars doesn't translate by the time I get home, I can post up my notes. I passed on act.timeline, too much like DBM for me and kinda cheesy.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bik Pik
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Anyone know how to change the text to speech voice in ACT? On my PC it's a female voice, but on my laptop it's male, and I can't find how to change it

edit: nevermind found out it uses windows text to speech voice

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Was looking at the MP timer one but I don't see the .dll files it mentions.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Re-posting here. Made this for my FC if anyone would like to use it.

ACT based cooldown timer bars

It looks like this:

However, it has some limitations:

• You can't stop it from repeating itself. Here is what I mean by this. Say you have a timer set up for Huton, and you recast it at 20 seconds? That old Huton timer is going to continue to stay on the screen and count down. I played with it last night and cannot figure out how to get rid of it. If anyone finds a way, let me know, but I assume it would include using programming/language knowledge that I do not have since my only real experience doing anything like that is with Spellcast XML in FFXI.

This same problem also happens when you use Kassatsu. It will show Mudras as showing up twice. I just choose to ignore it..

How to install:

1. Go here: https://github.com/RainbowMage/OverlayPlugin/releases - Get the most recent release labeled "full".
    2. Unzip everything (or copy paste like I did) everything in to your ACT folder.
    3. Open ACT, and go to the plugins tab. You should see this:

4. Hit browse, and find OverlayPlugin.dll - select it.
    5. Hit enable.
    6. Go to "plugins" and find the newly added OverlayPlugin.dll tab
    7. You should see this, do what the image says:

8. That's it for the plugin, now you need to set up timers.
    9. Click this:
    10. When you see this, right click it:
    11. You should see a menu like this:
    12. You need to make a timer for each ability you want to display. I'll use my Battle Voice timer as an example. Make it look exactly like this:

The visual settings on the far right don't matter, but you want to make sure you set the "Time period in seconds" to whatever the cooldown timer for the ability is. You also need to make sure you set both "Custom Timer Start Sound" and "Customer Warning Sound" to none from the drop down. If you change the color of the "Custom Tooltip", it will change the color of the actual recast bar when you are all done setting it up.
    13. Also make sure to add your character(s) name in to the white list at the far right, like you see in my above shot.
    14. When you're done setting an ability, hit this:
    15. If you're just setting an ability like Battle Voice or invigorate, you should be done. Just check the box and make sure you saved all your changes. It should look like this:
    16. However, should you see nothing, you need to add a custom trigger to act for the spell timer (sometimes it works for me without a spell timer, sometimes it does not). If you were to add one for battle voice, it would look like this:

The important part is to make sure you check the "Trigger Timer" box and that the tab name is THE EXACT SAME THING you spell timer tab is named for that ability.
      That should make it show up for sure. I don't know the reason why sometimes it displays and sometimes it does not. When it doesn't, I click the triggers on for each ability. If it ever appears twice, I know I can click the triggers off. Maybe someone else knows.
    17. If you want to add a trigger for something like an X-pot, I just make an ACT trigger that looks like this. This one will need a trigger in addition to the spell timer no matter what:
    18. That's it.

Can't get spelltimer working, any ideas?

I get this error

http://puu.sh/dqUpt/5a2d0ea718.png

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

http://mectradegroup.org/FFXIV/act1.jpg

overlayplugin.dll's mini parser window

looks neat but cant get it on stream.... im using xsplit, and be it screen region or watever, its transparent on stream

anyone know how to add plugin overlays on xsplit?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Never used Xsplit but normally I do Window Capture to get the mini-parse to stream.

I can't for the life of me get SpecialSpellTimer to overlay the cooldowns. Not enough weab to decipher the moonspeak.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast