1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 44 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 16 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 17 hours, 44 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: ACT question     submit to reddit submit to twitter

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Th0r View Post
    Fixed overlay with pets icons and limitbreak for who want it
    Looks like the link is now broken?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I like what is possible with the new overlay plugin. I decided to scrap the basic layout and build the frame from the ground up to achieve a look that closely resembles a damage meter from other games. This is about 30 minutes of work, so things are still a little rough / missing, but here is the progress so far (sorry for the spaces in the URL):

ht tp://imgur.com/FYraikD

As you can see, I've scrapped most of the details and brought it more in line with a no frills damage-only meter (I can always tab to ACT if I need more information).

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

so with that jp overlay parse, which button is click-through?

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

the 2nd box

Quote Originally Posted by Roric View Post
    I like what is possible with the new overlay plugin. I decided to scrap the basic layout and build the frame from the ground up to achieve a look that closely resembles a damage meter from other games. This is about 30 minutes of work, so things are still a little rough / missing, but here is the progress so far (sorry for the spaces in the URL):

ht tp://imgur.com/FYraikD

As you can see, I've scrapped most of the details and brought it more in line with a no frills damage-only meter (I can always tab to ACT if I need more information).
    Looking forward for more advances on this, share when you're done please!

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I was pretty busy tonight, but I managed to make a few more changes to the look-and-feel before I head off to bed. Current progress:

ht tp://imgur.com/W8kLsfD

I didn't think there would be any interest in it, but I can make it available once I finish cleaning up the remaining bugs (mostly with resizing).

I was pretty busy tonight, but I managed to make a few more changes to the look-and-feel before I head off to bed. Current progress:

I didn't think there would be any interest in it, but I can make it available once I finish cleaning up the remaining bugs (mostly with resizing).
    I really like how it looks right now.

BG Level

Found it had to change capture layered window

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eeek Sohno
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Okay, I installed ACT awhile back with the intent of parsing and improving my lousy attempts at SMN. I believe I read that ACT estimates DoT damage since it's not actually available. Is there anything specific I should do in-game to give ACT a better 'feel' for my DoTs?

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I would very much love an overlay like this. Looks great right now.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Eeeks View Post
    Okay, I installed ACT awhile back with the intent of parsing and improving my lousy attempts at SMN. I believe I read that ACT estimates DoT damage since it's not actually available. Is there anything specific I should do in-game to give ACT a better 'feel' for my DoTs?
    The accuracy of the estimation is really high, so don't worry about that. The only estimation needed is how crit affects them, and that will be estimated from the crit rate of the rest of your spells, so in a normal fight (around 10 minutes) the value will be basically the correct one.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Taim Meich View Post
    The accuracy of the estimation is really high, so don't worry about that. The only estimation needed is how crit affects them, and that will be estimated from the crit rate of the rest of your spells, so in a normal fight (around 10 minutes) the value will be basically the correct one.
    The good news is that as of v1.3, ACT no longer really needs your past damage to estimate DoTs properly. I found out that every dot effect has the average tick amount and a snapshot of the critical hit rate sent to the client when the DoT lands. The plugin now uses this to figure out the DoT ticks.

It still doesn't duplicate the exact in-game ticks, but it eliminates most of the potential problems in the DoT simulation. It's actually a bit more complicated than the above, the details are in the plugin patch notes for those who are interested.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Casca Wolftamer
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    Followed everything mentionned here and it doesnt work, I get a message saying : "Impossible to load the file or the assembly "HTMLrenderer, Version=1.0.01, Culture=neutral, PublicToken=null" or one of his dependace. Cna't found the files.

Not the exact word since translate from french but yeah.

Anyone got an idea on how to fix it ?

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    1) download the .rar on the website and save it on your hard drive
    2) find the build.rar on your pc and right click+ properties
    3) at the lower part of the box click unblock then apply
    4) continue the steps from the website
    Do this

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Casca Wolftamer
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Do this
    Thanks man, works like a charm

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post

Spoiler: show
    Re-posting here. Made this for my FC if anyone would like to use it.

ACT based cooldown timer bars

It looks like this:

However, it has some limitations:

• You can't stop it from repeating itself. Here is what I mean by this. Say you have a timer set up for Huton, and you recast it at 20 seconds? That old Huton timer is going to continue to stay on the screen and count down. I played with it last night and cannot figure out how to get rid of it. If anyone finds a way, let me know, but I assume it would include using programming/language knowledge that I do not have since my only real experience doing anything like that is with Spellcast XML in FFXI.

This same problem also happens when you use Kassatsu. It will show Mudras as showing up twice. I just choose to ignore it..

How to install:

1. Go here: https://github.com/RainbowMage/OverlayPlugin/releases - Get the most recent release labeled "full".
    2. Unzip everything (or copy paste like I did) everything in to your ACT folder.
    3. Open ACT, and go to the plugins tab. You should see this:

4. Hit browse, and find OverlayPlugin.dll - select it.
    5. Hit enable.
    6. Go to "plugins" and find the newly added OverlayPlugin.dll tab
    7. You should see this, do what the image says:

8. That's it for the plugin, now you need to set up timers.
    9. Click this:
    10. When you see this, right click it:
    11. You should see a menu like this:
    12. You need to make a timer for each ability you want to display. I'll use my Battle Voice timer as an example. Make it look exactly like this:

The visual settings on the far right don't matter, but you want to make sure you set the "Time period in seconds" to whatever the cooldown timer for the ability is. You also need to make sure you set both "Custom Timer Start Sound" and "Customer Warning Sound" to none from the drop down. If you change the color of the "Custom Tooltip", it will change the color of the actual recast bar when you are all done setting it up.
    13. Also make sure to add your character(s) name in to the white list at the far right, like you see in my above shot.
    14. When you're done setting an ability, hit this:
    15. If you're just setting an ability like Battle Voice or invigorate, you should be done. Just check the box and make sure you saved all your changes. It should look like this:
    16. However, should you see nothing, you need to add a custom trigger to act for the spell timer (sometimes it works for me without a spell timer, sometimes it does not). If you were to add one for battle voice, it would look like this:

The important part is to make sure you check the "Trigger Timer" box and that the tab name is THE EXACT SAME THING you spell timer tab is named for that ability.
      That should make it show up for sure. I don't know the reason why sometimes it displays and sometimes it does not. When it doesn't, I click the triggers on for each ability. If it ever appears twice, I know I can click the triggers off. Maybe someone else knows.
    17. If you want to add a trigger for something like an X-pot, I just make an ACT trigger that looks like this. This one will need a trigger in addition to the spell timer no matter what:
    18. That's it.
    How do you get this to work for Mudras?

I can't think of how you could make it so the countdown would begin upon executing ninjustsu, which all have different names.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    How do you get this to work for Mudras?

I can't think of how you could make it so the countdown would begin upon executing ninjustsu, which all have different names.
    "You lose the effect of Mudra."

Yea, I just figured that out actually <_<;

Is there any way to keep it from falling into the background all the time?

For the TP plugin just hitting the macro that activates it brings it to the front, but for this I have to keep alt-tabbing around for it and it gets really annoying.

BG Level

thats ACT biggest failure imo

Now I'm having a problem with Mudra showing up repeatedly.

I have it set to begin countdown on the "lose effect" message, but now it's randomly creating duplicate Mudra countdowns when I execute Mudras but before I use the ninjutsu to trigger the message.....

edit: it seems to be caused by setting the timer to remain after it's ready, idk why it would cause it to trigger on text it's not even supposed to recognize but putting it to 0 seems to have fixed it <_>

edit again: nvm, it seems to be caused by having triggers for abilities that the program automatically recognizes maybe?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast