1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 28 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 31 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 9 hours, 28 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 0 hours, 31 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast

Thread: ACT question     submit to reddit submit to twitter

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

It doesn't show or record anything, but I'll tool around with it once I get home. I'm probably overlooking something very dumb.

Edit:
    What I'm seeing, spoilered for huge.
    Spoiler: show

Running as admin. Test Connection on the ODBC tab under Output spits up

[4:02:07 PM] ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
    and I do not know how to correct that.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I dunno if it's still an issue, but I remember a point where ACT would just shit itself if you started it mid-combat.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

I would log in, start it, clear logs, and then engage the dummy. Nada. It's not that big of a deal since I am mega casual, but I don't like being blind to output.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Lyall View Post
    It doesn't show or record anything, but I'll tool around with it once I get home. I'm probably overlooking something very dumb.

Edit:
    What I'm seeing, spoilered for huge.
    Spoiler: show

Running as admin. Test Connection on the ODBC tab under Output spits up

and I do not know how to correct that.
    I meant the test connection button under the ffxivplugin's options. Plugins tab, ffxivplugin.dll (I think)

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Do you run it as Admin or normal user? it seems to not enjoy normal user priviledges on my system.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    I meant the test connection button under the ffxivplugin's options. Plugins tab, ffxivplugin.dll (I think)
    So, I went to do this and it told me to add an exception because of the firewall. Opened my firewall and it told me ACT already was added as an exception. Tried connection again, now it works.

I didn't change anything in the process. It's working now, though, so... Woo?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Does anyone know if there is a way to get ACT to differentiate between two sets of numbers on damage taken (or any range of numbers in the log) and then base a trigger on if a spell did between a range of defined sets of damage (ie if penis takes between 10,500 damage through 20,500 damage due to clitoral hysteria) for a trigger callout?

Should be possible with regular expression with the raw network log line.

Edit: nvm the raw line uses hexidecimal may be trickier

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Is there a way to take an encounter evaluate it only partially through? I was wanting to be able to have it not include anything after someone has died since that screws numbers up. Been messing with the timeline thing, that is pretty neat. Would be great if you could highlight a section by clicking and dragging to get calculations on just that section.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    Is there a way to take an encounter evaluate it only partially through? I was wanting to be able to have it not include anything after someone has died since that screws numbers up. Been messing with the timeline thing, that is pretty neat. Would be great if you could highlight a section by clicking and dragging to get calculations on just that section.
    Pretty sure you can do that on FFlogs if that helps

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So how are triggers involving buffs/debuffs supposed to be handled now given they're all linked in the game log, which I presume means you need a special formatting/ID to handle it?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

I'm no regex wizard and I'm sure there's a better way to do it, but I just put two quantifiers ("?") before every buff/debuff name and it was enough to make all my triggers work again (the clickable ingame icon is two characters).

<Trigger R="You suffer the effect of ??High Arithmeticks" SD="Go Low. Go low" ST="3" CR="F" C="A6S" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    I'm no regex wizard and I'm sure there's a better way to do it, but I just put two quantifiers ("?") before every buff/debuff name and it was enough to make all my triggers work again (the clickable ingame icon is two characters).

<Trigger R="You suffer the effect of ??High Arithmeticks" SD="Go Low. Go low" ST="3" CR="F" C="A6S" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />
    Actual regex thingie would be to do

Code:
    <Trigger R="You suffer the effect of .*High Arithmeticks" SD="Go Low. Go low" ST="3" CR="F" C="A6S" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />
    .* meaning ignore whatever that could possibly be there.

doesn't matter, the author of the FFXIV plugin already filtered out the special characters.

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    doesn't matter, the author of the FFXIV plugin already filtered out the special characters.
    Or that.

I guess I should read the changelogs sometime.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    I needed to use Ragns example none the less for the trigger to start working.

Anyways, another Q: Is there a way to make a trigger only go off if it's just on yourself, without hardcoding your name in? Doing something for a number callout in A11S because lazy, and repurposing another alert I had handy which currently looks for any name.
    Code:
    <Trigger R="1B:[0-9A-F]{8}:(?<char>[a-zA-Z]*) [a-zA-Z]{1,}:[0-9A-F]{4}:[0-9A-F]{4}:004F:[0-9A-F]{4}:[0-9A-F]{4}:[0-9A-F]{4}:" SD="one ${char}" ST="3" CR="F" C="A11S" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />
    IDs are 004F through 0056 for #1-8 at any rate.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

nvm plugin got update

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

So yesterday my ACT completely broke when I booted it up. All of the plugins were unloaded and I had to reload them one by one and redo some of the settings. My problem now is that SpecialSpellTimer doesn't work anymore, I keep getting "Configuration system failed to initialize". The only thing I can think that changed was that my computer crashed the night before and I can't remember if I used ACT after that or no. The ingame cooldown timers suck complete shit so losing this plugin is very annoying.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Maybe try redownloading the plugin files and put them in your folder. Possible something got lost in the crash I suppose.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I uninstalled ACT completely and redownloaded the plugins, SpecialSpellTimer still borked