• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Poor Spike Lee was mortified to utter silence after hearing Anderson's interview with Sterling. His best advice to Sterling was S...T.F........U.
    I can't even imagine what Magic is going to say tomorrow.
    I'm still surprised that Sterling could possibly make things worse for himself but he did and in so many awkward ways.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

Just heard more of the Anderson Cooper interview. At one point while Sterling was going after Magic Johnson for his desire to own the team and LOLAIDS he says something along the lines of "When Jewish people get a little bit of money, we help give back to our people. Now, when black people get a little bit of money, and I'm probably going to get in trouble for this...what has Magic Johnson done to help the black community?"

KEEP SWINGING FOR THE FENCES DON

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

before he said all that he also said "im not racist." good to know

Quote Originally Posted by Spaghetti View Post
    Just heard more of the Anderson Cooper interview. At one point while Sterling was going after Magic Johnson for his desire to own the team and LOLAIDS he says something along the lines of "When Jewish people get a little bit of money, we help give back to our people. Now, when black people get a little bit of money, and I'm probably going to get in trouble for this...what has Magic Johnson done to help the black community?"

I thought it was hilarious when he decided to censor himself regarding Jewish vs Black philanthropy within their communities, what you referred to above, as if everything else he said was totally fine by his standards. Apparently he still felt that calling Anderson a racist with plantation mentality was ok.

I think he will feed off of the media because some are using the poor insane old guy argument/dementia that his wife tried to use. If you listen to his responses to Anderson however, you can see that he is articulate and understands exactly what he is saying. When Anderson corrected Sterling's "He has the AIDS" by explaining to him about "HIV", Sterling corrects himself the next time by using the correct term "HIV". He is rich enough to probably find a Doc to give him a dementia diagnosis. I don't know how long this kind of stuff takes but I hope they get the team sold soon. It can't be good for them having to play for that ass.

Silver posted up a statement apologizing to Magic for Sterling's comments. Anderson will be interviewing Magic tonight.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I know, Magic doesn't do anything to help anyone! Just ignore the spoiler..

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

They should interview Sterling weekly lmao.

GATTACA!

BG Level

"Stogies with Sterling"

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I posted this in the NBA thread but the best part was when Sterling was talking about Stiviano and asked Cooper if he's ever been jealous over other guys talking to a girl you like...

welp

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bregor View Post
    I posted this in the NBA thread but the best part was when Sterling was talking about Stiviano and asked Cooper if he's ever been jealous over other guys talking to a girl you like...

welp
    you callin me a racist, bub?

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

you callin me a racist, bub?
    Anderson Cooper is the real racist but at least the Eagles welcomed him back

Wait

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

The whole thing was comic gold. Even the Spike Lee part was hilarious. I wonder if they asked themselves which angry black guy they should get a reaction from and decided on Spike.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Kinda making me regret not watching the interview now.. Anyone have a link -- preferably with just the best moments.

Anderson will be interviewing Magic on cnn now. This should be interesting lol. Also Anderson is planning on teasing MORE unheard Sterling interview out tomorrow.
    edit:
    "If I was gonna... steal somebody's franchise, it's gonna be the Los Angeles Lakers!" -Magic Johnson to Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Kinda making me regret not watching the interview now.. Anyone have a link -- preferably with just the best moments.
    The good bits are kinda all throughout the two interviews that Anderson teased out over two days so here is the blog page for the interview. The saddest shit was in the second interview segment that he released yesterday.

First link has the interview from yesterday cut into segments with info on each vid clip.
    http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/category/...iew/?hpt=ac_t1

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2014/05/1...derson-cooper/

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    go fuck magic johnson then come back and fuck me is cool, just don't be seen with him in public

oh, humans
    but the most alarming part of the case is that everyone with the power to do this knew he was a racist and it was cool until it went viral, ie this is pr/damage control, not anti-bigotry

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Drex View Post
    but the most alarming part of the case is that everyone with the power to do this knew he was a racist and it was cool until it went viral, ie this is pr/damage control, not anti-bigotry
    The players knew too, and weren't willing to boycott either.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Drex View Post
    Meh, NBA's a business, shouldn't expect them to do anything if it doesn't affect the business. Getting rid of an owner like him is great, regardless of the reason.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Posted this in the NBA thread too since it's the NBA's next official step.

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=10954789
    NEW YORK -- The NBA charged Donald Sterling on Monday with damaging the league and its teams with his racist comments, and it set a hearing for June 3, after which owners will vote to decide the future of his ownership of the Los Angeles Clippers.

The league also said the banned owner has engaged in other conduct that has impaired its relationship with fans and merchandising partners.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast