Closed Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Making friends     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Stuck in fucking podunk, myself, the hobbies I'm interested basically are stuck being solo-only or net affairs.

No real interest in sports and a shit knee post-high school football injury pretty much rules out long term engagement. People I've worked with just never seem the type to click with, either. Drinking and other illicit shit is out for me, too.

Feels bad, man.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I've been pretty lucky with friends. 5-6 childhood friends still live relatively close to me and another few alcoholic friends at work to go golfing with. The wifey on the other hand, she sucks at making friends but I chalk that up to estrogen.

The Righteous One
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I know it's not a popular opinion, and isn't for everyone, but churches are often good places to meet people of the same age casually (cheaply) without any real commitment. Most Sunday school classes are divided by age and many (depending on denomination and such ) will do class gathering outside of church if interested.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

I've got a few friends from back home; most of mine are either currently serving, i used to serve with, or spouses of same group. The people I talk to most often are sadly some BG folks (mainly spam)... and if Quixon doesnt stop using my govt name i'm gonna steal all his weed.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

seriously though, CS is a good time. Brilliant/retarded, depending on the topic.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Rata, rofl, wtf

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    You would absolutely smoke me brah
    i think the endgame here is for you to smoke him, ifkwim

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    i think the endgame here is for you to smoke him, ifkwim
    Yeah I get it. lol

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

just checking.

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Aks you should move to Montreal and be friends with Rata

Or quit being so judgemental; half the posts in the Random Fail / First World Problems thread is you shitting on your colleagues and clients inability to do or know something perfectly. Just breathe and take it easy, I got some dumb as hell friends. Eventually you get used to it, they say meet at 9pm, you show up at 9:15 cause you know they sure as shit won't be there on time. You dont judge them, they just have a casual laid back approach to things and you roll with it

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Sepukku View Post
    Aks you should move to Montreal and be friends with Rata

Or quit being so judgemental; half the posts in the Random Fail / First World Problems thread is you shitting on your colleagues and clients inability to do or know something perfectly. Just breathe and take it easy, I got some dumb as hell friends. Eventually you get used to it, they say meet at 9pm, you show up at 9:15 cause you know they sure as shit won't be there on time. You dont judge them, they just have a casual laid back approach to things and you roll with it
    I was joking with my earlier comment but this part is very important. You're looking for friends, not perfect soulmates.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I thought that's what the random fail thread was for? lol Plus I literally argue with the same people every day over the same shit, you'd think after months and months they would learn, right?

I have zero tolerance for stupidity. I can handle some things but if you're stupid there's not much I can do with you.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

To be fair, everyone is a bit stupid.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by AidenCarby View Post
    To be fair, everyone is a bit stupid.
    True, but some are stupid beyond repair.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

They are human, lol you're looking for friends not people to handle your business in the stock market. So what if they aren't brilliant, just shoot the shit with them over a beer and a sporting event. You'd be surprised how cool some people can be if you stop being a cunt all the time.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

this also works. nobody is perfect. hell, we all still talk to broven and that dude aint showed to shit but concerts in chicago, ever

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Am I really being a cunt (as you put it) because I bitch about my job? I really have no other outlet - I'll stop posting about work in the fucking random fail thread then.

To be fair, most of the people I deal with at work are from elsewhere in the country since we are a national company. So it's not like I'm going to hang out with (or even meet) any of these people anyway.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Not to mention when I say "friends" I am talking about people I can actually share things with, not just talk about the local sports team or what was on last night's episode of <Insert Show>. I actually would like to make a friend (or two) that I could talk to about legitimate stuff, like being broke or a fight with my mom, you know? I don't necessarily think coworkers are the right speed for that.

I guess to hang out for a few beers that's another story.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Your posts are semi entertaining, and it wasn't really a personal shot even if it came across as such. What I'm saying is, stop expecting so much, the average American is pretty dumb, and you're in Florida. How many intellectually stimulating people do you expect to run into? All I'm saying is, don't expect so much, just hang out with someone and have a good time. It's not a date, it's a bro session, grab a beer and watch one of those lame ass hockey games you love so much. Problem solved

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

i wont say you're being a cunt; i think your expectations on finding your bff are way too fucking high. You were military ffs, some of the people you got along with best are some of the people you didn't even think twice about ignoring before you joined, no? Take a chill pill, relax. People are cool as fuck if you just give em a shot.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast