+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Wait, so are we sure the movie megazord will be the grey abomination? Because the new one up there^ doesn't look half bad.

And holy hell the women toys are skinny a fuuuuk.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Wait, so are we sure the movie megazord will be the grey abomination? Because the new one up there^ doesn't look half bad.

And holy hell the women toys are skinny a fuuuuk.
    The megazord looks MUCH better. The Tyrannosaurus, Pterodactyl, Saber tooth look good to me. The Mastodon and Triceratops looks like shit <_<;

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Maybe they're trying to splash some more colour in because if you look at some of the other photos, its still the shitty super grey.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Milk that $$$$$$

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Zords definiitely look much better and watching that twitter video, and i can't believe i'm going to say this but Alpha doesn't really look too bad in motion, getting a Paul like vibe from it in the way it moves and gestures.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    That toy is fkn massive. Why does the Megazord look so completely different? Is the silver one from a different time and the newer more colorful one from this gen of power rangers?

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Eh, it should be pretty obvious that the colors and details would stand out better in a toy that doesn't cost >$10. I was expecting most of the grey blob to appear more metallic, giving it a better look overall, but I'm glad that a lot more detailing went into the legs and arms then was originally showed off. My only complaint is it's hard to tell where the arms are coming from. As is, it looks like black/blue are the legs, yellow/red are the torso, and pink gave the megazord a jetpack, with the arms just popping out of nowhere.

It may very well end up like that, cause you're crazy if you don't think they're gonna give this new OG zord some flashy abilities.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

The grey one is probably the combined form, making the one comprised of the five zords not movie accurate.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    The grey one is probably the combined form, making the one comprised of the five zords not movie accurate.
    I'd say it's blatantly vice versa; with the grey one being just a cheaper toy model that's as is/doesn't disassemble into the individual zords.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

What does this even mean? You do know how the megazord comes about right?

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Yeah, but I don't see a reason to make a toy that looks like that if it's not part of the movie. It's just as easy to make the limbs look like the combined form without the ability to come apart. I could see them doing some terrible bayformers-esque transformations where the distinguishing parts fold in and vanish from sight.

BG Level

I just don't see how you can argue the clearly cheaper toy megazord model is more movie accurate.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Yeah, but I don't see a reason to make a toy that looks like that if it's not part of the movie. It's just as easy to make the limbs look like the combined form without the ability to come apart. I could see them doing some terrible bayformers-esque transformations where the distinguishing parts fold in and vanish from sight.
    Idk, maybe you don't have kids or visit the toy section often, but cheaper versions of the same toys always look much worse. It's not hard to fathom, do you think McDonald toys are accurate representations of the movies they hail from?

The first one in no way shape or form represents any of the zords that make it... So I'm not sure what we're actually going to get.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

So answer this -- what's the point of making one that looks like that? Not the cheapness argument, because that wasn't my point. It's just as easy to make a cheap figure that still has the characteristic animal parts molded on (in this case, one where you can tell that the Triceratops and Mastodon still make up the legs), so why did they not do that?

My points was that, much in the same way the bayformer movies have any bulky auto kibble fold in and magically vanish to make the Transformers look like relatively smooth metallic humans rather than say their G1 counterparts, this movie is going to have the zords merge in a physically unrealistic way to resemble the first version we saw.

Also, for the record, I think they both look like terrible toys, just for different reasons -- one doesn't look like it's made of five separate pieces, the other looks like a Transformers combiner from 10+ years ago.

@Your question. I have no fucking clue. But this shit has gone off the rails as far as toys are concerned considering we haven't even seen them fully in their suits yet... Let alone anything from the movie like a foot stomping on the ground or anything... and why does it have 8 fucking legs!?!?!

BG Level

So answer this -- what's the point of making one that looks like that? Not the cheapness argument, because that wasn't my point. It's just as easy to make a cheap figure that still has the characteristic animal parts molded on (in this case, one where you can tell that the Triceratops and Mastodon still make up the legs), so why did they not do that?

My points was that, much in the same way the bayformer movies have any bulky auto kibble fold in and magically vanish to make the Transformers look like relatively smooth metallic humans rather than say their G1 counterparts, this movie is going to have the zords merge in a physically unrealistic way to resemble the first version we saw.

Also, for the record, I think they both look like terrible toys, just for different reasons -- one doesn't look like it's made of five separate pieces, the other looks like a Transformers combiner from 10+ years ago.
    What are you exactly arguing about then? You are the one putting so much stock on what the toys look like in regards to their movie accuracy, when we haven't even seen a single screen cap.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    @Your question. I have no fucking clue. But this shit has gone off the rails as far as toys are concerned considering we haven't even seen them fully in their suits yet... Let alone anything from the movie like a foot stomping on the ground or anything... and why does it have 8 fucking legs!?!?!
    Yeah, the 8 legs on the 2 zords is completely retarded. But after alpha 5's design (yes im still salty as fuck about that) i'm not surprised.

Also, I guess in an interview with Brian Cranston, he let slip that Zordon in this movie is a former Red Ranger.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I was just thinking that if they put in Lord Zedd in a sequel he could be a fallen red ranger turned evil or something. Seeing as how the armor changes it could go all horror movie change up on zedd.