+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

wheres the solo green ranger movie they were talking about?

But still exited

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Reboot (film)

http://www.thewrap.com/power-rangers...ilm-lionsgate/

The studio is teaming with Haim Saban to bring the classic franchise back to square one on the big screen

The Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers are back… again.

Haim Saban and Lionsgate announced on Wednesday a deal to produce a new live action film based on the iconic kids show that originally launched in 1993.

“Lionsgate is the perfect home for elevating our Power Rangers brand to the next level,” Saban said. “They have the vision, marketing prowess and incredible track record in launching breakthrough hits from ‘The Hunger Games' to ‘Twilight' and ‘Divergent.’ In partnership with the Lionsgate team, we're confident that we will capture the world of the Power Rangers and translate it into a unique and memorable motion picture phenomenon with a legacy all its own.”

The Power Rangers have had many different iterations and casts over the last 20 years, all of which have pumped up sales on a seemingly endless list of toys, apparel, costumes, video games, DVDs, comic books, and other items.
    Pls no.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Bump for related news: http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwmovi...7#.U2pCcPldVDU

Lionsgate and Saban Brands Team for POWER RANGERS Live Action Feature Film

Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF), a leading global entertainment company, and Saban Brands, a strategic brand management company that acquires and builds global consumer brands, are partnering to develop and produce an original live action feature film based on the iconic Power Rangers property, it was announced today by creator of Power Rangers Haim Saban and Lionsgate Chief Executive Officer Jon Feltheimer. The announcement marks another step in Lionsgate's continued commitment to build a broad portfolio of Branded properties and franchises with global appeal.

Saban launched Mighty Morphin Power Rangers as a live action television series more than 20 years ago, and the series has been in continuous production ever since. It has subsequently grown into one of the world's most popular and recognizable brands, with toys, apparel, costumes, video games, DVD's, comic books and other merchandise.

The two companies noted that, with an extensive and extremely devoted worldwide fan base as well as a deep and detailed mythology, the Power Rangers are primed for the big screen.The new film franchise will re-envision the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, a group of High School kids who are infused with unique and cool super powers but must harness and use those powers as a team if they have any hope of saving the world.

"Lionsgate is the perfect home for elevating our Power Rangers brand to the next level," said Saban. "They have the vision, marketing prowess and incredible track record in launching breakthrough hits from The Hunger Games to Twilight and Divergent. In partnership with the Lionsgate team, we're confident that we will capture the world of the Power Rangers and translate it into a unique and memorable motion picture phenomenon with a legacy all its own."

"We're thrilled to be partnering with Haim Saban and his team to maximize the potential of this immensely successful and universally recognized franchise," said Feltheimer. "The Power Rangers stories and characters have been embraced by generations of audiences for more than 20 years, and today they are more powerful than ever. We have the ideal partner and the perfect brand with which to create a motion picture event that will resonate with moviegoers around the world for years to come."

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Lol I think we had 3 immediate posts about this

BG Level

I'd watch this mostly, because Michael Bay and Megan Fox, has no chance to be a part of it

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Oh god you've just jinxed it now! I really don't know what to feel about this on one hand i want to see it in all upto date shit, cgi, props wise but on the other i don't want my childhood ruined any further But if we're not going to get that solo green ranger movie (which i'm sure everyone would of went to see regardless!) you can bet anything that JDF will be playing a pivitol role

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Pacific Rim style Zord fights > Transformers 8 frame scene swaps please.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

At least make it PG13 and not G and if it turned out mediocre I'll still be somewhat satisfied.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

MY BODY IS FUCKING READY!

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I've been hoping they do this for a while now. SO PUMPED!!

Personally not expecting much for what will likely be a 90m or shorter flick. :/

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Fuck yeah! I am so ready! Day one!

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Fuck, now everyone's doing it.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Oddly enough, I would be a little ok with it if they made it more serious/dark and updated the zords to be more realistic instead of huge plastic toys. Also, no more exploding sparks from the chest when getting hit. I get that it added to the cheesiness factor back in the 90's that made it enjoyable but that shit won't fly now.

GOT BEAT BY 3 MINUTES SON.

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/120...-Rangers-movie.

MIGHTY MERGING Incoming

Actually shit, Ratatapa posted a Power Rangers movie reboot thread last year... Everybody getting merged up in here.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Go Go Power Rangers!

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Despite me looking back and seeing how horrible this was and WTF I was thinking as a kid, I actually want to see this even if they changed jack crap.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Fuck the haters. I still regurlarly watch this shit til this day.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Merged all the threads.

BG Level