+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: BG Kids Thread!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Happy bday Kathryn!!!

I guess I am lucky my daughter never climbed out of her crib. We only moved her to the toddler bed when we needed it for her brother. At 18 months he doesn't seem interested in getting out either.

When he does, my daughter goes back to the crib as the converted full sized bed, and he can have her toddler bed.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

My son started climbing out of his crib super early on. It was rather frightening how he did it. The drop from the side of the crib to the ground was twice his height. I watched him one time just to see how he did it before converting his bed.

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

My daughter is 15 months, we're just about to enter the potty training/toddler bed portion of our lives, and it'll probably coincide with winter so she'll be sick every day from day care. Fun!

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

As long as things go as planned, we are probably going to stick the the area we are at for forever. It is a perfect location and has good elementary/high schools n such. For some reason though all the reviews for Montessori schools in the area are bad, but I can't tell if they are actually bad or if it's just the internet being terrible. I'd like to send my daughter to one at least two times a week to get her interacting with kids near us. Hopefully we can find one that I will be comfortable with.

Thanks everyone. She had a lot of fun on her b-day.

So where are you staying Ksandra?

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Yesterday was their first day of the school year.

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

She's getting so big...

It's kinda sad isn't it?

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Enjoy any and all cuddles you get now. You will miss the cuddles so much when they get too old for that.

I used to take epic naps with my kids, snuggling with one next to me and the other on top of me, and very few days go by where I don't miss the hell out of those moments. It is awesome to see them grow up and become their own people but ugh, everything changes too fast. I didn't believe the "it goes so fast" thing until it actually happened to me. Go cuddle your kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    Enjoy any and all cuddles you get now. You will miss the cuddles so much when they get too old for that.

I used to take epic naps with my kids, snuggling with one next to me and the other on top of me, and very few days go by where I don't miss the hell out of those moments. It is awesome to see them grow up and become their own people but ugh, everything changes too fast. I didn't believe the "it goes so fast" thing until it actually happened to me. Go cuddle your kids.
    The past year has FLOWN by. From 6lbs to 23. She was walking at 10 months. She hasn't crawled more than 10 "steps" in the past 2 months. She's chatty and VERY independent. Unless she's tired then she wants MOMMY! Sheesh.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Son having fun at Disney

http://bucket.bluegartr.com/9b5663d1...c269539e25.jpg

Daughter was following me around at a store. A young lady came up to her and asked for her autograph. My daughter knew what to do right away even though she hasn't done the autograph thing yet.

Cassalot

She's a born autograph signer pro!

We still haven't brought our little girl to Disneyland. Maybe soon!

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Son having fun at Disney

http://bucket.bluegartr.com/9b5663d1...c269539e25.jpg

Daughter was following me around at a store. A young lady came up to her and asked for her autograph. My daughter knew what to do right away even though she hasn't done the autograph thing yet.

I see the Mandarin swung by as well.

Cassalot

Our daughter on labor day by the pool side. Her grandpa got this shot!

Leader of the Brain Eating Space Monkeys
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

My daughter, Izzy. Just turned 6 weeks old! Parenting is certainly interesting

Cassalot

Fievel and I are going back to Massachusetts to visit my family during the holidays, and this will be Curin's first time traveling. We'll be flying and we're pretty clueless. We were thinking of letting her sit in our laps instead of her own seat to save money. She'll be 19 months old in December when we leave. My main concern is how am I going to change her diaper mid-flight-- is there a changing table in the bathrooms? Also is there priority for families with a small child and stroller? Looking for people with experience that could give any advice would be appreciated! I'm trying to remain calm about flying with her but I'm actually pretty nervous she's absolutely gonna dread it hahaha.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

How long is the flight? I flew with my sons when they were young and the flights weren't long enough to require diaper changes. If you can possibly swing it that way, I'd say do it. I think there was only one time when my kid actually needed a diaper change during flight but we were getting ready to land so I couldn't change it anyway, and just changed it as soon as we got off the plane and to an actual restroom. I have no idea if there are changing areas in the bathrooms but I highly doubt it.

As for the seating, definitely have your kid sit on your lap, not only will it be cheaper, but it will be easier for comfort purposes. The worst part of course is the popping ears, if your kid uses a pacifier then that will help, something about the sucking that soothes them in that department. Also, the rules regarding liquids are a bit more lax for baby formula/drinks so you can pack that stuff as needed. I always felt terrible traveling with my kids despite the fact that it couldn't really be helped at the time, but I apologized to the people near us and they seemed to be at least somewhat understanding.

And yes, they will give boarding priority to people with small children and they can gate-check your stroller. That part is probably the easiest part, honestly.

Cassalot

Do you think lay overs are good ideas? The flight is 6 hours. It's a long flight for us, I imagine with a child its going to be even longer.

Thanks for your tips. All of that doesn't sound too bad. Priority is super nice. I'm still nervous though! Hopefully we'll be near people who love kids lol