+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: BG Kids Thread!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Figured this is the thread to ask. The doctor is telling us to wait three weeks before giving our son a pacifier to reduce any sort of nipple confusion. We’ve used a bottle only a handful of times, and those were only for family members who wanted to feed him.

The wife and I feel like he might be ready for it. He has no problems latching on to the nipple for feeding. The problem is the last two or three days, my wife has noticed he’ll cry for the breast just for comfort and not for hunger. He’ll cry when he’s been feed, cleaned, and burped. But will instantly go quiet when my wife gives him the boob.

At this point, we feel the three week wait is no longer necessary. But at the same time, we don’t want to go against the doctors advice.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Wha? I've never heard of that before.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Gave my kids pacifiers before we even left the hospital. Never had latching problems, never had trouble getting them off the pacifier. I don't want to tell you to ignore your dr, but uh...

I would ignore the dr lol.

BG Level

Thanks guys lol. Wifey and I gonna try it out tonight and see if that calms down his fussiness.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Pacifiers have like a 99.9% chance of calming a baby down. Unless there's a reason you shouldn't be using it, I don't see why the doctor thinks it's a problem.

We have two kids. One was premature. Doctor is the same for both and never once told us to avoid pacifiers.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

They are magic place random clean ones everywhere around the house to grab on the fly.

BG Level

BG Kids Thread!

We used one last night and it was easily his best night yet. First time we were able to keep him in his bassinet for the entire night. His shortest nap was probably an hour and a half.

All in on pacifiers!

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

How soon will you have him farming gil?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Yeah, pacifiers are life. Keep spares everywhere, and make sure you have an emergency one in every vehicle. You can never have enough of them...they're always getting dropped or lost or some shit.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Our oldest is addicted to the pacifier. We have been trying to get rid of them for years now. They were great for him when he was a baby. Our youngest hates them and won't use them at all never shown any interest in them at all.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    Our oldest is addicted to the pacifier. We have been trying to get rid of them for years now. They were great for him when he was a baby. Our youngest hates them and won't use them at all never shown any interest in them at all.
    We just threw em out. Can't be addicted to something they never have access to.

I was lucky my daughter used them for 1 day. Then didn't care. It's 0 issue now which is great. No finger sucking, no pacifier needed.

BG Level

You guys have any suggestions with pet dander? We have two cats and one of them sheds like crazy. We keep her out of the nursery room, it’s when we’re hanging out outside of it is what I’m concerned with. I keep an air filter on every floor but I’m wondering if that’s enough.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

We were a little more diligent with brushing our dog and 2 cats, didn't do much else different. No one showed any allergy symptoms so we didn't sweat it. We didn't let any cats sleep with them until they were old enough to fend off a fat cat on their own but otherwise everyone got to play together.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    You guys have any suggestions with pet dander? We have two cats and one of them sheds like crazy. We keep her out of the nursery room, it’s when we’re hanging out outside of it is what I’m concerned with. I keep an air filter on every floor but I’m wondering if that’s enough.
    Make sure it's a HEPA air filter, otherwise it's not enough. Also, if your machine can fit it, consider fitting a smaller, more customizable filter (like those cheap cut-your-own-size filters) before the HEPA filter to both keep the HEPA filter lasting longer and also to make cleaning the machine easier and less frequent (you replace the prefilter biweekly or monthly depending on how bad the home is with dust and dander, the HEPA filter maybe biyearly or yearly unless your animals shed by the pound).

Once that's setup, consider brushing your cats more often with a deshedding tool. A lot of people don't brush their felines but you can control a lot of fur if you get them on a schedule for deshedding, usually weekly. My shiba inu sheds like mad, but with weekly brushing it's reduced the amount of noticeable fur on my hard floors by at least half. There's no preventing it, but it went from a heavy sweep + vacuum every weekend to just an enjoyable brush session every sunday with light sweeping once a week.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

I can't imagine having indoor pets with my little kids around. They spend so much time on the floor, the thought of them getting constantly breaded with pet hair grosses me out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

True, but what are you gonna do? Get rid of the cutest animal in your home?

Spoiler: show
    Why don't you love cute animals Archi?

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Pet hair is the least offensive thing a baby will put in their mouth on any given day.

I had two.dogs when all my children were babies. Did nothing special. Other than vacuum.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Pet hair is the least offensive thing a baby will put in their mouth on any given day.

I had two.dogs when all my children were babies. Did nothing special. Other than vacuum.
    ^ this x1000. Pet hair was never a concern regarding my kids.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post

We have two cats and one dog (had two until our older one passed recently) in a relatively small house and pet dander and hair has never been a huge concern. Kids that are far more resilient than people like to believe. Though I guess we do live mostly outdoors and my kids are constantly playing in the mud and around our outside animals.