+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: BG Kids Thread!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

So, our little one finally joined us on Aug. 13th. Biggest suprise of my life as we decided not to find out what we were having, so here's Colton Wayne Ilidio Mathews.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Pics are wtfhuge but awwwwwwwww! Congrats!

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Awww congrats! I love the little feet!

Also, someone has a cat...rofl

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Quote Originally Posted by Aragon of Odin View Post
    So, our little one finally joined us on Aug. 13th. Biggest suprise of my life as we decided not to find out what we were having, so here's Colton Wayne Ilidio Mathews.
    Were you expecting a velociraptor?

anyway cute kid. and cute top-of-head.

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Very cute! Congrats

BG "almost" kids....

Wife went for her, now, weekly OBGYN visit. 1CM dilated, 80% effaced.

Nervous as fuck -_-

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Quixon View Post
    BG "almost" kids....

Wife went for her, now, weekly OBGYN visit. 1CM dilated, 80% effaced.

Nervous as fuck -_-
    nice!

1cm can be that way for an hour or like two weeks. Big sign will be the contractions and/or water breaking.

I need like 2 fuckings days to get this nursery 100% done. I'm at like 95% now lol. The doctor said he doesn't expect her to make her next appointment. Her due date is technically September 10th.

She's still working lol. Refuses to miss a day until she is in labor. But then again she is a Medical Assistant, so going in to labor at her office is a guarantee of a quick ambulance ride lol.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Quixon View Post
    I need like 2 fuckings days to get this nursery 100% done. I'm at like 95% now lol.
    Baby probably not going to use it for the first few months anyway!

Truth. I had this damn room gutted down to the studs. I have (1) piece of 1 wall I need to finish up tonight, and then tomorrow I need to cut and install the trim around the windows and on the floor. All the other stuff that needs to be done is little decoration stuff.

The whole room is Monsters Inc. I picked him up a couple Funko Pop Sully and Mike figures today from Amazon Prime lol.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    Were you expecting a velociraptor?

anyway cute kid. and cute top-of-head.
    Funny you say that, as the first couple days he was born when he would start to cry to us it sounded like a velociraptor lol, so that's what we'd been calling him the first 2 days.

Thank you everyone

And don't be nervous Quixon! This was my first time (though it was Cesarian), and it was an amazing experience, one I'm grateful I got to witness, and just an amazing experience all together.

Easier said than done. I'm not exactly sitting here trembling in my beard, but there is anxiety for sure lol. I don't do hospitals, and I don't really have much of a desire to see something the size of a baby come out of my wife lol. Of course I'll be right up in there with her, as useless as I will be lol. With that being said once he is all out and cleaned up...... put me into the game coach. I wouldn't mind the cesarian, I'd watch all of that from a front row seat for sure. But she absolutely does not want that..... so I can't hope for it in good faith lol.

I almost wish it was the early 80's, with the father pacing outside of the delivery room smoking a cigarette. I'd just be smoking a joint instead.

I'm as ready for a kid as you can be, just not ready for the delivery/rush to the hospital/etc process. Bags are packed.... fastest car I own is in top mechanical shape...and ready to get her there as fast and as safely as possible.

I find it incredibly crazy my wife woke up this morning with slight tightness in her belly, and now..... the wait game if in full effect lol.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quixon, for your sanity, I hope your wife doesn't go through what my mother did with my younger brother. I think she got sent home from the hospital at least 3 times due to false labor. I think she was ready to forcibly evict him if she didn't go into labor when she did lol.

Fuck that. Neither one of us want to deal with that shit lol.

Here's hoping he's a damn gentleman and comes out without any trickery.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

My wife was 1cm and 50% on a Tuesday, water broke 4:45 am Saturday, baby born 7:57 am.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Quixon, for your sanity, I hope your wife doesn't go through what my mother did with my younger brother. I think she got sent home from the hospital at least 3 times due to false labor. I think she was ready to forcibly evict him if she didn't go into labor when she did lol.
    my son was crazy.

So they tell women to come only if their contractions are 5 minutes apart and for about a minute each. I was having a lot of fake contractions the week before. Then that sunday I was having super insane ones that morning. But they were about 12 minutes apart. So I call the hospital. They said to wait until they were about 8 minutes, or until I just couldn't take the pain anymore.

What was crazy was my contractions were getting further apart, to the point they got to about 45 minutes between them. But they hurt soo fucking badly I could not get out of bed that whole day. It was cute though my daughter came in every time I had one and would hold my hand and say "it ok, it ok". Around 7 pm I called them again asking if it was ok for me to check because the pain was so bad, and they were pretty empty so they said sure.

As it turns out I was 4 cm and counting (so labor) and I was, in fact, having fast contractions, just that they were so small I couldn't feel the ones in between the huge ones.

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    My wife was 1cm and 50% on a Tuesday, water broke 4:45 am Saturday, baby born 7:57 am.
    I personally wouldn't mind that schedule at tall. I dread the, "I was in labor for 14 hours..." shit I hear lol. 4:45am sucks, but the roads would be relatively clear, and..... well beggars can't be choosers.

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

roll tide

Little guy still hasn't come out. Wife had us at the hospital Friday night 2:30am-3:45amish. Bottom of her abdomen was tight as fuck. Called the on call doctor, she gave her the info. Doctor asks where we would be driving from. My wife says "Wallkill", which is correct we live the Hamlet of Wallkill. The hospital, roughly 30 minutes away, is in the TOWN of Wallkill.

The doctor assumes we are like 2 minutes away and of course has us come in. I had maybe a hour of sleep before I had to get up and drive lol.

Still 1.5 CM after 2 checks at 2:45 and 3:45.

Weekly OB appointment yesterday...... still 1.5 CM >

We sat in the room with the nurse watching Treehouse Master the entire time at the hospital lol.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Hopefully you wont have to go through what we did with our first- wife had preeclampsia, so they decided to induce labor about a week and a half prior to her due date. We were in the hospital for 5 days trying various induction techniques before our son finally came. Of course, my wife likes to say 'she' was in the hospital for 5 days, and that me being there all 5 days/4 nights sleeping in an uncomfortable reclining chair does not permit me to say 'we'.

We're only about 1.5 miles from the hospital though, so I could shoot home easily to get stuff.

Here's a pic of my daughter- trying to get her passport photo for our trip to the Caymans next winter, but she wasn't having it, had to break out my phone to see if she would pose for me...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast