+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: BG Kids Thread!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Well yeah, she was there and couldn't leave, technically you could have at any time (but would have been probably treated like a bigtime shitbag if you had).

Baby will take his/her sweet time Quix, if the wife isn't too uncomfortable try having sex, I swear to god orgasms helped speed the process along with both of my kids lol.

Ugh... Yeah my wife knows she doesn't get any of the poor me I'm pregnant crap. It was her idea to move forward with this lol, I had no desire to have kids at all. After being together 10 years I wasn't fighting the battle any more though. Glad I gave in, as I'm pumped to hell now to have a little kid..... but there will be none of this "YOU DID THIS TO MEEEEE!" yelling during rough days and during labor haha. She's a trooper though and hardly ever complains. I take care of everything I possibly can at this point. She's working up until the day she is forced to go to the hospital as well. Her working in a doctors office is a good thing though.

I am not allowed to leave the hospital from the time we get there until the time the baby is born and in her arms. From that point on I am allowed to head down to the Quik Check 30 seconds down the road to get real food and come right back.

I don't do hospitals, I don't do well when my wife is in serious pain, and I don't do watermelons coming out of something the size of an orange. It's taking a fair amount of marijuana to get me through this ordeal for sure. I'd like to go back to the 50's and sit outside the delivery room handing out cigars lol.

I personally wouldn't mind watching a C Section if it were to come down to that, but my wife is pretty firm on absolutely no C Section unless it's 100% medically necessary.

Sex aint happening lol.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Just sit up by her head, you won't see anything, unless you want to. My mom was with me for my second son's birth, and she didn't see anything.

I think the "you did this to me!" thing is a Hollywood thing, I've never heard of anyone in real life actually saying that.

Yes that is what I've been told in regards to not seeing any of that shit. I plan to use that to my advantage, maybe a set of horse blinders as well lol. The doctors already know my deal. Get him out, cut the cord, clean him up.... and then hand him over to me or the wife.... not before hand lol.

My wife was telling the doctors something about her wanting skin to skin contact with the baby immediately after he's out and cleaned up. She recently took a breastfeeding class and they were very big on that. Apparently it helps to kick the breast milk production into gear, and also helps the baby pick up the breastfeeding easier and for a longer period of time. I was fascinated that there is legit chemicals changes that are going to happen in hers and the babies bodies due to something as simple as that.

All of this is fascinating to me when you read the science behind pregnancy and child birth.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

It really is. Finding out that breast milk production is stimulated by how much the baby sucks for it is really cool. Your body produces exactly what your baby needs at any given time.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Quixon View Post
    My wife was telling the doctors something about her wanting skin to skin contact with the baby immediately after he's out and cleaned up. She recently took a breastfeeding class and they were very big on that. Apparently it helps to kick the breast milk production into gear, and also helps the baby pick up the breastfeeding easier and for a longer period of time. I was fascinated that there is legit chemicals changes that are going to happen in hers and the babies bodies due to something as simple as that.
    awww new mom. Lol

Rest assured the doctors already know about skin to skin.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

on a somewhat related note, as of august 21st I am a grand-uncle. My family has this weird set of genes where our women are tiny but our men are enormous, so my 5'1" niece gave birth to a 19 inch 8 lbs 12.6oz boy. I'm 6'3" and the little fella's bigger than I was. I'm hoping that my treatment will stabilize and I can go visit on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    awww new mom. Lol

Rest assured the doctors already know about skin to skin.
    The funny thing is I mentioned this to her when she brought it up. She took the Breastfeeding Class at the hospital she is delivering at. They made it a point to tell her they might ask her, they might not..... so just make sure you request it to alleviate any grey area lol.

She definitely has her ducks in a row though lol. At this point I do to, which is what is making the wait torturous. I just keep going out and buying more shit for the nursery every weekend lol.

2 Weekends ago - I bought a bunch of Funko Pop! Vinyl guys. Monsters inc, Finding Nemo, I pre-ordered the Dragonballz ones, etc. This weekend Saturday I went out and dropped $60 on Hotwheels cars for his shelves. If you've seen the bg auto thread.....yeah you get it lol. This weekend Sunday we needed to buy the shelving for these cars and pops. So we went to home depot to buy that, ended up leaving with a real nice track lighting set up, a new $300 drill, and the shelves -_-

I find myself projecting myself onto him already and he isn't even here. Me and my dad have a great relationship, but nothing in common whatsoever. It kind of sucked not having someone to learn car stuff, sports, etc. from. I'm very much looking forward to car time. His Recaro baby seat is already set up in the convertible ready to go lol. Between the cars, Marvel Comics, Video Games, Sports. etc..... I will have something in common with this child lol.

Edit: Bane I don't remember how long I was. But I was 10 lbs 9oz. I looked like a fucking Buddha lol. I'm 6'1 225lb now.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Did you buy the Dori Funko Pop! Vinyl? That one is downright creepy and looks like it has no soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Did you buy the Dori Funko Pop! Vinyl? That one is downright creepy and looks like it has no soul.
    So far I have:

-Nemo, Dori, Crush, Bruce
    -All the Despicable Me ones... Gru, 3 minions, and Agnus
    -Sharknado
    -All the DBZ guys being released this month. (Cel, Freiza, Picolo, Vegeta, Goku)

Gardiens of the Galaxy Baby Groot on Pre-order. Those are mainly to sell to fund more purchases.

Edit: Mike Wazowski and Sully Pops! as well. Those started the craze -_-

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    I think the "you did this to me!" thing is a Hollywood thing, I've never heard of anyone in real life actually saying that.
    I have heard it from my sister-in-law, thought it was more like: "I fucking hate you. How could you put my through this? I fucking hate having babies." She said many more things like that. With all 3 of her kids. We could hear her from the waiting room each time too.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

So friends wife is a photographer, so had her take some pics of my new guy when he was 10 days old.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

awwww so cute!

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

What a cutie

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Very cute! Reminds me of our little one's newborn pics.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Damn, was wondering if it was going to be revealed that you were the guy who got shit on by the baby during the infant pics

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Damn, was wondering if it was going to be revealed that you were the guy who got shit on by the baby during the infant pics

LOL, those pics are awesome. The baby is so happy while he's pooping.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

He farted while I was holding him like that, I was expecting it to be a poop, so thank my lucky stars, he really had me going there when he was making his fart/poop face and I didn't know which one was coming lol

He's been awesome though, 23 days today and he already started sleeping through the night 8hrs about a week and a half ago, every few days or so he'll wake up wanting a bottle, but generally sleeps through the night now.

Loving every moment of this though, only wish I didn't have to work so much and had more time to be home with him while he's so small

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Meh, newborn baby poop is the least disgusting of all the forms of poop, so while it would have been gross, it could have been much worse, for sure. Wait until he starts eating solid foods.

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Aragon of Odin View Post
    He farted while I was holding him like that, I was expecting it to be a poop, so thank my lucky stars, he really had me going there when he was making his fart/poop face and I didn't know which one was coming lol

He's been awesome though, 23 days today and he already started sleeping through the night 8hrs about a week and a half ago, every few days or so he'll wake up wanting a bottle, but generally sleeps through the night now.

Loving every moment of this though, only wish I didn't have to work so much and had more time to be home with him while he's so small
    I remember that stage, enjoy it.

Ours is almost four months and she hates napping. Getting her down in the crib during the day is really difficult and it only happens once or twice, the other times she naps on one of us or just fusses the whole afternoon. At least she sleeps well at night, I keep hearing about the dreaded sleep regression and I'm scared

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast