A gigantic waste of space
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Okay, so the event is fairly simple. Balancing physical damage dealt, magic damage dealt, and curing power gets you bonuses to these, which allow you to do more damage and cure for more. These multiply until you run out of evaluations. You need 10,000 points for each side to get the trust, and another 3000 in one set of evaluations to get the gil bag for each side. Getting both gil bags unlocks a cutscene where you'll also get the Aldo trust.
    RDM is the best job for this, as you can cure, stone, and use a sword to hit. You'll receive a refresh effect during the event, so you don't have to worry about running out of MP.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Used Blm/Whm to do as said above. AoEs and sleep messed me up a few times, so I began just hitting, casting, and curing for the first 3 evals, then ran out of range and spammed Water. Stone was doing 14 damage for 4 MP, Water 28 damage for 10 MP. With the bonuses from the first 3 evals (I got 50%, 100%, 100%) Water was doing 91. Just spammed that until out of MP and used Manafont and kept going, got 3572.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Off topic of the massive lack of foresight QQ train, has anyone tried trading HP Baylds to Runje rather than the Leafkin? None left to try atm, not that I would anyways, but there's a line of her text that stood out to me. If you ask her about the Leafkin, her last line is..
    For Run you actually have to trade them to Runje not the leafkin

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    JP on Valefor that I try to talk to often says he completed it on RUN. Supposedly using Swipe according to his current "weakness", i.e. whichever element is strong to the one he's using, and VP in the same way will cause him to weaken? Or something. It's difficult to communicate properly due to language barrier, but that seems to be what he's saying. Says he used Sushi and had to rely a lot on Swordplay for hitrate. When he tried to bring his alt in with him, it would only allow him to enter alone (the alt would be left outside).

He also said attrition, so it may be that you need to live a certain amount of time instead of actually defeating him?
    Hmmm I didn't notice much when I swiped but then again I didn't last long on the last fight when i finally figured out the whole what runes he'd use..... and yeah evasive as hell. It's a 15 min figth limit so maybe it is just survive awhile... or maybe he meant the key is just staying alive and dealing some dmg. Only have a cure every 1 min makes it hard pretty much need to full DT it

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Is the RUN BC a Subjob locked fight?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Yes.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    Is the RUN BC a Subjob locked fight?
    Yep. 15 min limit it's in the coliseum area so you can buff before running into middle circle. Make sure to always have vallation/vallaince up against the runes he is using. I have been hit for iirc 1500ish with capped mdt from his lunge. He seems to love keep buffs up. Like as soon as engage pro, shell phalanx then reapplies phalanx. Doesn't cast anything else though. If you could dispel him might be kinda useful... also uses the same rune about every 10 seconds or so tends to lunge as soon as he has 3 up and timer is down. Uses mostly crappy swd ws like rlb and fast blade from what I saw.

The last fight I did I just got the most def I could with gear I have (which admittedly was mostly 109 af/relic) and then mostly dt stuff after that and if I spammed flash kept phalanx, regen and vallation/vallaince and riding the pulse timer up I could almost keep up with the dmg dealt to me while very very slowly whittling him down

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Valuable input as always
    No problem, your tears were beginning to flood this thread, I figured someone would have to put a stop to it.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Yep. 15 min limit it's in the coliseum area so you can buff before running into middle circle. Make sure to always have vallation/vallaince up against the runes he is using. I have been hit for iirc 1500ish with capped mdt from his lunge. He seems to love keep buffs up. Like as soon as engage pro, shell phalanx then reapplies phalanx. Doesn't cast anything else though. If you could dispel him might be kinda useful... also uses the same rune about every 10 seconds or so tends to lunge as soon as he has 3 up and timer is down. Uses mostly crappy swd ws like rlb and fast blade from what I saw.

The last fight I did I just got the most def I could with gear I have (which admittedly was mostly 109 af/relic) and then mostly dt stuff after that and if I spammed flash kept phalanx, regen and vallation/vallaince and riding the pulse timer up I could almost keep up with the dmg dealt to me while very very slowly whittling him down
    Hmmm. Kinda reminds me of old PLD solos... Cept worse cause you can only cure once a minute.(On PLD you just ran outta MP).

Sounds like an interesting fight though. A few thoughts.

Did you use Ice spikes? That para could give him a really hard time. Just make sure the entry day doesn't have him using Ignis.

Stoneskin. With your limited recovery ability, you need to mitigate as much DMG as possible. Another old PLD solo survival method from when MP efficiency was a major concern. It'll hurt your DPS, but spamming SS might help keep HP up between Pulses. Has it been determined if you need to kill him, or just survive long enough? Also, make sure to have a 460 SS.

I assume you were cycling battuta and swordplay. Although I dunno if swordplay's eva+ would even make him miss at all.

If you can roughly predict when a lunge is coming, then you could prevent two of them with SP and SP2. Maybe even a third with liement with really good timing(could cause issues with val though). If his lunge is based off the same timer as a player's, then you could lunge him right after he lunges you, and use your the timer to tell about when he can go again.

Mes'yohi sword has a dispel effect... I've no idea how the proc rate is, or if you have one. But if it could lock him into rebuffing... You also lose a good chunk of DPS and that 5% PDT II going from Aettir.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I did use icespikes proc rate on the para was pretty horrible though. But yeah better than nothing at least at the start.

Yeah I actually would usually stoneskin right after flash (also started fight with aquaveil to help with that). I never got too far with him. Longest fight I had was like 5 minutes so idk.

Well I stopped playing Run seriously after it became apparent it was kinda flawed so yeah only 1 merit in Battuta which I'm sure will help. Did keep up with swordplay but he was fairly accurate but like I said not rocking the best ilvl stuff so it might if you were better geared.

You might be able to stop the lunges that way but the one time I did try sp he didn't lunge until it was over lol.

I'd say it's definitely doable but it's kinda like maat fights of old for a lot of jobs. You need to go in there well geared, skilled, fooded and maybe even meds like exlixers

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Ahhhh. I wish I could try it... I didn't keep up with ops, so I've got like 2~ months till legend in all coalitions. -.-

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    A bit more info on Capacity Chains. It seems I underestimated them a bit. Before, I said the enhanced CP capped out at Chain 5 just like EXP, that was wrong.
    Base CP on 113-114 Restless Twitherym was 164-177.
    Chain 4: 198
    Chain 5: 192
    Chain 6: 197
    Chain 7: 214
    Chain 8: 219
    Chain 9: 217
    Chain 10: 222
    Chain 11: 225
    Chain 12: 228
    Chain 13: 232
    *chain lost*

Time between Chain #13 and mob after was literally 46 seconds. Time between chains get extremely short at higher chains <60 seconds.

That's solo on lvl113-115 mobs, I imagine in a party on lv 125 mobs it's probably pretty decent CP maybe 300-400+/kill. Can't really slack though like you could on merit mobs at 75 since 125 mobs have jesus evasion and you absolutely need sushi and brd or cor(with every drop of acc I can muster on my DRG, they still con high evasion/high defense)

The window is a bit of a gray area, I have been finding that the Capacity Point Chain window is actually larger than the Xp Chain Window:

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

I love Mog Wardrode! Can carry so much gear now without having to switch it in and out of sack, case, etc. after changing jobs.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

What's with this KI? Is it implying that there's a subquest for afterglow Ergon weapon like if you trade in extra HP Baylds?

"Quiescence"
    Bestowed upon rune fencers who have awakened to their true potential, the character itself causes a bright light to shine around its bearer.
    Or maybe just by completing the Ergon weapon, you acquire this KI automatically which grants afterglow for even the base Ergon weapon? Seems plausible since Ergon weapons take longer than Mythics? There's no corresponding KI for GEO probably because bells/horns/harps don't get afterglow effects.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    There's no corresponding KI for GEO probably because bells/horns/harps don't get afterglow effects.
    Geo's ergon/mythic is a club, not a bell.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Also, instruments do get afterglows.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Also, instruments do get afterglows.
    hmmm might be on the .dats but guess I tried to trade my daurdabla99 to the moogle again just to see if could get the trial.. and nothing lol

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Yeah, it's not in their descriptions.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Byrth are you f**king with him or something?

I can see both Harp and Horn have 2 level 99 versions, But i was unaware they had implemented a Glow to them yet.

Edit: Byrth is the only known 99 afterglow horn owner in existence. Explains a lot.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

lol