+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

So huge update happening now. I have not played for few months but I'm planning on giving it another try after this patch. Lots of great changes including: no upkeep fees, free unlimited basic materials, and tons more.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

So, what's up with EQ Next?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    So huge update happening now. I have not played for few months but I'm planning on giving it another try after this patch. Lots of great changes including: no upkeep fees, free unlimited basic materials, and tons more.
    Nice. When you look on Steam most the negative reviews for Landmark were because of the upkeep fees and shard usage. I haven't played it so I don't know how legit the criticism is but I've been keeping tabs on it.

The update sounds nice and the streams they do on Twitch are quite charming. They put a lot of care and love into their community and the architecture they're putting into the game.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by AidenCarby View Post
    So, what's up with EQ Next?
    Ugh, I thought the other thread got bumped, it might have been this thread, but both were impacted.

In Feb basically SOE was sold to an investment firm, huge layoffs up and down the ladder, the long term EQ devs are gone, and the AI software dev studio got axed too. The only bit of info of any kind in the past year practically has been "No worries, everything is operating as normal, when Landmark releases, people will start working on Next, no worries."

Haha, ha, heh...

All I'm gonna say is that before the take over the team wasn't really putting out much results. Game was really hard to get into and seemed not to be going anywhere for a long while. For better or for worse now they are actually trying to push it out the door and a lot of feedback been taken into consideration. This version supposed to finally have some tutorials.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Senji View Post
    Ugh, I thought the other thread got bumped, it might have been this thread, but both were impacted.

In Feb basically SOE was sold to an investment firm, huge layoffs up and down the ladder, the long term EQ devs are gone, and the AI software dev studio got axed too. The only bit of info of any kind in the past year practically has been "No worries, everything is operating as normal, when Landmark releases, people will start working on Next, no worries."

Haha, ha, heh...

Looks like John Smedly, President and CEO has stepped down.

http://venturebeat.com/2015/07/22/da...utive-officer/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Now Available - $9.99, Microtransactions added
    What is Landmark?

Landmark is an online sandbox where creativity and adventure thrive! This is a world shaped by the passion, talent, and ambition of its players. Spark your creativity alongside a community where everyone has a chance to share something memorable.

On what platforms is Landmark available?

Landmark is a PC game. There are no plans at this time to bring Landmark to Mac or any console.

Can I play Landmark using the Daybreak account I made previously for another Daybreak game?

Yes! Your account will need access to Landmark in order to play.

How much does Landmark cost to play?

Landmark is a $9.99 purchase available here. You will also have access if you purchased any version of a Founder’s Pack prior to launch.

Will I need a credit card to play the game?

A credit card is not required to play Landmark. As long as you own Landmark, you can log into the game without entering any payment information.

If you do decide to buy items from the Marketplace, you will need to use one of the available methods of payment (including credit card, a Daybreak Cash card, PayPal, or PaySafe).

What is Daybreak Cash®?

Daybreak Cash is Daybreak Game Company’s virtual currency that players can buy to purchase in-game items through the in-game Marketplace. For more information, visit the Daybreak Cash FAQ.

Can I use Daybreak Cash® in other DGC games?

Yes. Your wallet for Landmark is connected to your wallet in other DGC games. For more information, visit the Daybreak Cash FAQ.

I bought a Founder’s Pack. Can I still play Landmark?

Yes! If you purchased a Founder’s Pack prior to the launch of Landmark, you will still have access to the game. Founder’s Packs are no longer available for purchase.

I played during Beta. Where’s my character? Where’s my stuff?

We wiped characters and sites before launch. Landmark had a fresh start for launch.

You will have as many base claims as you had previously (either as part of a founder’s pack or direct purchase).

All other Marketplace purchases made prior to launch, including attached claims, will be refunded as Lumens to the first character on the account that made that purchase (regardless if any of these items were traded during Beta). Lumens can be used to purchase items that were previously available on the Marketplace or new items.

If you saved templates of things you build before launch in your template window, those are still tied to your account. If you want to place something that you built prior to launch, you will be able to place a template as soon as you have the materials required for it.

Character names were reserved for players that had a log in since April 2015.

What are Lumens?

Lumens are an in-game item that you earn as you play Landmark. You can easily earn Lumens as you play, and they cannot be traded. Lumens can be used to create items at the Lumen Station. This is a crafting station you can access via an in-game menu. The Lumen Station offers many useful things, including resource bundles, recipes for props, outfits, and more.

What are the minimum system requirements to play Landmark?

Minimum System Requirements:
    • OS – Windows 7 64 bit
    • Processor – Intel i5 Quad Core or higher / AMD Phenom II X4 or higher
    • Memory – 4GB RAM
    • Hard Drive – 20GB Free
    • Video Memory – 1,024 MB RAM
    • Video Card – nVidia GeForce GTX 275 series or higher / AMD HD 4890 or higher
    • Sound Card – DirectX compatible
    • Internet – Broadband (3Mbit/sec or higher)

Recommended System Requirements:
    • OS – Windows 7 64 bit
    • Processor – Intel i5 Quad Core or higher / AMD Phenom II X6 or higher
    • Memory – 8GB RAM
    • Hard Drive – 20GB Free
    • Video Memory – 1,024 MB RAM
    • Video Card – nVidia GeForce GTX 560 series or higher / AMD HD 6870 or higher
    • Sound Card – DirectX compatible
    • Internet – Broadband (10Mbit/sec or higher)
    https://www.landmarkthegame.com/landmark-faq

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Steam page is getting torn up with reviews.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I forgot this was a thing.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

In the least surprising news of the new year. Daybreak has announced that Landmark will be shutting down on February 21, 2017.

https://www.landmarkthegame.com/news...-landmark-2017

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5