+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Very cool. My community has six that are planning to make an egyptian style city or something. Seeing something like those images though is just a little mind-blowing!

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tetsaru Arigashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

So do they still have it to where you have to buy a beta key in order to get in, or are they giving any away? I was really wanting to try this game out, seeing how I loved playing Minecraft, but I didn't want to drop money on it if it was just gonna be F2P later on (I might be mistaken on that, haven't really been following this lately).

Btw, that city looks awesome. I like the treants with the glowing eyes there at the end.

I think you have to buy it but people who bought it are getting extra keys to give away.

You can either apply for beta here https://www.eqnlandmark.com/beta-registration and hope to get lucky, or you can buy one of the founder's packs and get guaranteed full time closed beta access here https://www.eqnlandmark.com/founders-pack (The $20 pack will get you in) Or as said above, if you know somebody that bought the $100 alpha pack they get 4 closed beta keys to give out.

Just a note though, the game is still in the very early stages and still doesn't have a lot of features they're planning to add. Right now it's pretty much all gathering/crafting/building. Things like water, combat, and caverns/world layers aren't in yet, so the game is very bare bones. They are planning on adding all of these things during closed beta though. For a full list of what they're planning, you can check out the roadmap here: https://forums.station.sony.com/eqnl...roadmap.18810/

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Is this video the most recent ingame footage from EQN? Those Landmark screenshots made me think I wasn't going to be ok with the art style, but that video makes it look a bit better in action. Are Next and Landmark on the same engine? I'm not big on the building things (lolcreativity ) but I might could signup for Next beta...

Yeah they on same engine. That video is what early preview of Next as far as we know because Landmark has no combat. Did not realize the NDA was lifted so if you got any questions go ahead and ask.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Landmark (Everquest Next's Minecraft)

Landmark beta is a full go on Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/297810/

Debating if I want to pony up the $20...I did enjoy Minecraft at times...

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tetsaru Arigashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I ended up getting a Beta invite in the mail the other day for this, and got a chance to play it last night. The game seems like it has a ton of potential, but it felt very grindy not just because you're having to gather materials all the time (especially to build something big), but the game is apparently poorly optimized. My frame rate was hovering around 20-30 FPS most of the time, and would drop down even lower to near-unplayable levels whenever I would start gathering and items started flying out everywhere. I'm a sucker for games with player-made content though.

Also, while I was playing, I noticed this crazy-looking structure out in the distance:

Some guy had apparently built this crazy Escher-esque tower maze filled with stairways. I think it took 5 claim plots stacked on top of each other to cover it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsaru View Post
    I ended up getting a Beta invite in the mail the other day for this, and got a chance to play it last night. The game seems like it has a ton of potential, but it felt very grindy not just because you're having to gather materials all the time (especially to build something big), but the game is apparently poorly optimized. My frame rate was hovering around 20-30 FPS most of the time, and would drop down even lower to near-unplayable levels whenever I would start gathering and items started flying out everywhere. I'm a sucker for games with player-made content though.

Also, while I was playing, I noticed this crazy-looking structure out in the distance:

Some guy had apparently built this crazy Escher-esque tower maze filled with stairways. I think it took 5 claim plots stacked on top of each other to cover it.
    My game runs fine. Game is a huge grind but I think that's what they going for. It's definitely not for everyone and not like they trying to make it for everyone, that's what Everquest Next will be.

Anyways, if anyone is starting out with the 20 buck edition and you want I have some pickaxes and axes of higher quality that you start with I can give away. PM me or post up here.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

i love sandbox games, but this looks horrible, nothing mixes/mashes well together destryoing any form of atmosphere.

Currently this game has massive problems. I made a statement before that my game wasnt lagging, I was wrong. You go to one of those cities and the lag is unbearable (like 5 fps). Also, all that stuff looks fancy but it requires you to have patience of a saint as there are no tools to make some basic shapes. Like you cant make circles and you can only rotate objects 90 degrees

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I don't think I'd mind spending a few hours trying to break something in the game, but I'm surely not paying $20/60/100 to do it...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

http://store.steampowered.com/app/297810/

Steam is running a 66% OFF Founder’s Pack Sale starting 7/2‌7/1‌4 at 10:00 A‌M P‌DT and ending 7/2‌9/1‌4 at 10:0‌0 A‌M P‌DT!

Landmark - Settler Pack: $6.79 down from $19.99

Landmark - Explorer Pack: $20.39 down from $59.99

Landmark - Trailblazer Pack: $33.99 down from $99.99

Well, joke's on me for buying while having an underpowered CPU. ;_;

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Yeah this game really puts a hurt on processing. The grappling hook is pretty damn fun, though. They should make a Portal-like game that uses the hook.

http://www.twitch.tv/soe

live now, amazing additions.

Combat, pvp, monsters, new armors, weapons..

gonna check it out after the patch, looks promising