+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

That is one buff game developer. Also their comments seem about right. I'm kind of keeping my eyes on this game.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

If anyone wants to check out what the new combat looks like in Landmark(and possibly EQnext) can check out this video!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

If attacks are going to be bound to mouse clicks then it's an instant pass for me. Can't stand that shit.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

This looks really bad.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Sure hope those animations are WiP, they look extremely bad for a game that may as well be classified as AAA.

These devs must believe their Scooby Doo AI and Destruction Derby combat are all that will matter once they start testing EQN. I mean, they are pretty much creating the sequel to WoW, when you forget all the extra shit they talk about.

Which could mean that this wonderful experiment will bomb harder than GW2(due to inevitable balancing issues and uninspired graphics/style) and the actual WoW sequel will "borrow" all the good ideas from them lol

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

ogod no, this combat looks awful...

I always headshake at PvP bunnyhopping. So dumb to look at.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It looks... so very...

http://fm.cnbc.com/applications/cnbc...g?v=1398454381

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...19_634x376.jpg

I can't quite put my finger on it... ah yes!

The combat for EverQuest Next looks very drive safely!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

The old school fans that built the EQ franchise can't stand action combat. The new fans they're trying to attract with this new combat find it clunky and slow. They really can't win.

The only non tab target MMO I've remotely enjoyed so far has been Blade & Soul and even that was limited by a small class selection as well as roles.

The combat looks pretty bad so far. They need to take the parkour shit out of combat for starters. Luckily Landmark is kind of a test bed for Next, so hopefully they'll have it refined by then.

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

I have a code for a Proximity Mine Pack and 7 Days of Closed Beta Access if anyone wants to give this a shot. The code expires tonight at midnight PST. PM me soon if you want it.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Does anybody on BG play this? It's been in my mind lately and I was curious how the game has come along.

I turned it on few times after the updates and the game still has a huge learning curve. I've been looking for a group to join where I could ask questions lol

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I've watched a few videos but no. Kinda curious about it.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Ohhh... Well I just discovered that due to SoE being sold to Daybreak Studios a bunch of EQNext people were fired, including that weird faced pony-tail guy (David Georgeson) who as I understand it was basically the intellectual face of Everquest. This was just last week friday so ehhhhh. Probably won't place any monies into this game.
    http://youtu.be/BFvCJgJVNP0
    http://www.reddit.com/r/h1z1/comment...y_the_layoffs/

Edit: I had that wrong, they were not sold to Daybreak Studios, they were sold to some investment firm, and then changed their name to Daybreak Studios instead of SoE.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Landmark (Everquest Next's Minecraft)

Unless this game forms an actual identity that answers the "who is this for?" question, they might as well liquidate this into an arena shooter or something.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

If you have any interest in EQN and or Landmark, lots of info in this 45 min Q&A, that Daybreak games posted yesterday.

One of the biggest questions answered is that DB games no longer have working relationship with StoryBrick team and are bringing the AI work in house.

Other things the video talks about :

Voxel Farm: Still utilizing it and will continue to improve and add features, unlikely voxels will be smaller due to bandwidth.

Console Future: PC focused, but they would like to see it happen.

Soundtrack: Jeremy Soule still doing his thing.

EQN Alpha, Closed/Open Beta: Will have, but doesn't mean fans will be able to access all (Alpha could be internal only).

Combat: Current Landmark version is base system. Depth, risk/reward, tactics coming. Improvement to resource management, choice (right/wrong), movement, targeting, UI, animations, adding active defense, etc.

Payment Model: F2P planned, but they are looking at all options and haven't ruled anything out.

Landmark Open Beta: When it's ready.

Release Features: All features talked about are still planned, however they could change for a "better" game experience.

EQN - Landmark Connection aka are they making EQN currently: While they didn't give specifics, basically said the same thing as they always have. If you want to see the systems/mechanics of EQN, look to LM for an early version. If you want a list of 500 skills, 40 classes, in-game models for every race, mob, item, keep on waiting.
    User Generated Content (Landmark --> EQN): Like what they are seeing players create in Landmark and some of it is EQN ready. Really want UGC to be important.

Art Style: No questions asked, but better get used to it.

Instances: Yes for EQN, most likely in Landmark once systems are ready. As they said instances would exist in some form from the beginning, not news, still planning on a "seamless" world from the sound of it.

EQN Bluebrint: Will come when it makes sense to have one.
    Large Humans ("Barbarians"): Coming to Landmark.

Landmark Stuff: Lots of questions answered, directly relate to EQN, but nothing earth shattering (helmets will exist, ocean biome coming, bigger "better" islands, etc)

Daybreak Drama: Not going to talk about it. Thanks for all the feedback.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

bummer, eqnext is dead