FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

So, marathoned this show recently, since I was enjoying the Flash but wanted to get more out of it by understanding the team ups and stuff. And I of course catch up to this cliffhanger, amazing.

Really enjoying both of these shows, generally haven't been a huge DC comics fan since most of the movies are ehh to me compared to Marvel stuff (I don't read American comics though), but these shows are fantastic. I quite like the worlds they've built and the characters involved for the most part. Can't wait for more!

I could go for more of the villains being a bit more than flavor of the week, but I guess they can't all be Slade.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Spoiler: show
    In the aftermath of Oliver’s (Stephen Amell) fight with Ra’s al Ghul (Matt Nable), Diggle (David Ramsey) and Arsenal (Colton Haynes) continue to protect the city in the Arrow’s absence. However, after three days without hearing from Oliver, they begin to fear the worst may have happened to their friend. Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) refuses to believe that Oliver could be dead until Merlyn (John Barrowman) pays the team a surprise visit. Thea (Willa Holland) suspects there is something more behind Oliver’s disappearance and asks Merlyn for a favor. Meanwhile, Ray (Brandon Routh) tests a part of his new suit and Laurel (Katie Cassidy) takes up the mantle of the Black Canary. Glen Winter directed the episode written by Marc Guggenheim & Erik Oleson (#310). Original air date 1/21/2015.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Arrow/Flash crossovers to be an annual event, The Atom series in the early planning stages, Supergirl not brought to CW because they didn't want to burn out their audience
    We are having some preliminary discussions about expanding [that] universe, but we have not vetted them out. Could there be another hour in that universe? Possibly. As long as there’s no audience fatigue.
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=113454

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

In Oliver's absence..
    John Diggle will take over the mantle of Green Arrow, dubbed "Blarrow" by Diggle's actor David Ramsey
    http://insidetv.ew.com/2015/01/11/ar...2e15f3b4685270

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Slade to reappear before the end of S3 and not in a flashback
    Slade is definitely [resurfacing] in the present day… Not that he’s ever happy, but he’s particularly unhappy. When he comes back, he’s out for blood.
    http://tvline.com/2015/01/15/agents-...ting-spoilers/

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Not surprising. Aside from Ra's he's the only main villain that really has staying power as well as being genuinely menacing in the role.

Eh, they haven't really done a good job in cementing other perma-villains. Vertigo was perhaps the closest, but the original is a non-factor and his "replacement" got axed early on if I'm remembering right. Deadshot's runner up, but now he's SS and somewhat portrayed more in the gray with his last showing(s). And while we're supposed to believe Merlin is a really big bad, his influence has kinda been minimal outside of the Plan, and that seemed more due to the overall group of people involved with that than him individually.

Slade's earned his stripes, so to speak, and right now Ra's is running more on reputation than in-show merit, barring the cliffhanger. Who else in the universe, who we've maybe seen and not, could stand in as a more persistent threat? We had Grundy hinted at at one point, but sorta like Grood with Flash, nothing's come of it yet. If Ollie's relationship with Thea turns south, that could be a thing for a bit. Maybe even the SS could escape and wreak havoc for a bit, which would also give us an excuse for a Harley and Joker (and I do feel a good Joker needs to happen to shake Ledger's ghost from the role).

I'd also be okay with more Felicity in slinky outfits.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

i believe I read that Count Vertigo (Stormare) would be back but idr where.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Clock King too. Great actor for the character. They just haven't actually done shit with him and he's a little hard to do in a realistic fashion.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

No way they'd ever do Joker on this show. Guarantee DC keeps him exclusive to the big screen unless/until they give up on their plans to be marvel rivals.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I just watched the mid-season finale. Unexpected.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

blarrow, Brick, Tatsu, and canon Black Canary trained by Wildcat.

Sign me the fuck up. We goin' for a ride.

Hmm, Enjoyed last ep but mate, how the fuck did he survive all that shit from prev episode? dont geddit
    Sword through the chest and shoulder, fell a few hundred meters. I guess it is based on a comic though, lol
    MAYBE THE SNOW STOPPED HIM FROM BLEEDING OUT

Quote Originally Posted by Talragan View Post
    Hmm, Enjoyed last ep but mate, how the fuck did he survive all that shit from prev episode? dont geddit
    Sword through the chest and shoulder, fell a few hundred meters. I guess it is based on a comic though, lol
    MAYBE THE SNOW STOPPED HIM FROM BLEEDING OUT
    Unless I'm misremembering, the dude said Tatsu straight up brought him back to life

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by NotGreyheim View Post
    Unless I'm misremembering, the dude said Tatsu straight up brought him back to life
    Maseo did say that, but they've literally denied that the Lazarus Pit is involved (despite Ra's being super old and looking young and spiffy) so there's probably some ancient League secret to heal terrible wounds. Merlyn did say something to that extent when he first reappeared.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Dual wielding thea was the highlight of the show. Funny to see the cops have uzi proof squad cars as well.

I guess I'm too much of a filthy casual to understand it all. Short story: MAGIC!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast