1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 12 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 47 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -2 hours, -48 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 11 hours, 47 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Guncleric would be tits. I loved that movie.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Damage bonuses for targets you're not facing. Mmm.

EL - Airship Pirate
    Airship Captain of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aero Ashwind
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Guncleric would be tits. I loved that movie.
    Before the batman voice... haha

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    That's exploitable, absolutely, but easier to get around than your previous example. People simply need to be paitent and wait for that person to need before passing. or greed since it doesn't impact the other person's need.
    1) Currently, there is no way for you to know if someone else has already Needed before you cast your lot or pass.
    2) Needing was probably a bad example. A more relevant one would be a called-item greed party; say, I want healer head and feet from T2, so I join with my buddy, I pick healer head, he picks healer feet, and if feet drop, I greed, he asks for "everyone" to leave the instance, then once everyone except the two of us has left, he passes and I leave the instance after getting the feet. No one is the wiser.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutriss View Post
    Also nice to have would be to separate "Greed" into "Need on other job" and "I'm a greedy shit that wants that Allagan Ring of Casting for my Lv 15 THM".
    My suggestion from the beginning was that you should be able to select your Need job in Character Config (independent of which job you are on). That would eliminate the necessity of Need/Greed party designation and would also prevent you from claiming priority on items you cannot even equip.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    That's one of the big questions surrounding the addition of new jobs. If they don't release them in batches then you end up with these outlier jobs who base class few borrow from. I could see if they put in an expansion where they added three jobs and they ended up each borrowing from eachother in some way, much like current mages do and all that. But to add just Rogue and Ninja right now (and ninja will borrow from??? Archer and Pugilist presumably?) then what will borrow from Rogue later?
    I think the easiest way to do it is that future jobs will cross-class from future classes; e.g. Ninja (ROG) cross-classes from Archer and Musketeer, Ranger (ARC) cross-classes from Musketeer and Lancer, Dancer (PGL) cross-classes from Lancer and Rogue, etc.

EL - Airship Pirate
    Airship Captain of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aero Ashwind
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    2) Needing was probably a bad example. A more relevant one would be a called-item greed party; say, I want healer head and feet from T2, so I join with my buddy, I pick healer head, he picks healer feet, and if feet drop, I greed, he asks for "everyone" to leave the instance, then once everyone except the two of us has left, he passes and I leave the instance after getting the feet. No one is the wiser.
    In this example, would't the people joining the farm group be joining under the impression they don't have a shot at those two item irregardless? So if the two of you secretly give both items to just one person, at the end of the day what harm does that cause to the others?

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    I wonder how they will actually handle cross-class skills from Rogue to other jobs considering each other job already has its one primary and one secondary sub-class from which it gets abilities to equip. Would be kinda lame if you can only use Rogue cross-class stuff while playing on a class.
    Hopefully they'll just tweak which jobs have access to what. Giving MNK access to ROG stuff sure would be nice since MRD provides absolutely nothing of value.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'm still not convinced that the DEX traits are necessarily for Rogue/Ninja unless SE decides to update what DEX does in 2.4 i.e. damage done by dual wielding or something of that nature. It's also possible that they belong to Musketeer with SE just trying to remain tight-lipped until they eventually reveal the class.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

That fall damage + movement speed stuff is definitely ROG though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    I'm still not convinced that the DEX traits are necessarily for Rogue/Ninja unless SE decides to update what DEX does in 2.4 i.e. damage done by dual wielding or something of that nature. It's also possible that they belong to Musketeer with SE just trying to remain tight-lipped until they eventually reveal the class.
    They're for ROG, we don't know if NIN is gonna use the same stats or go SCH and change. This is still "in development" anyway so anything can change.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

FYI, in case nobody noticed (and I don't think anyone has? or maybe I just haven't read enough threads, idk) Yoshida said that HIGH Allagan would drop from Brutal binding coil. He may have misspoke, but that's what Yoshida said (not the interpreter). Makes sense, too, it would be kinda silly to have IL90 gear dropping from the hardest stuff in the game.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

He said that atm it will drop the same gear as normal coil. and it might change in the future

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    He said that atm it will drop the same gear as normal coil. and it might change in the future
    OK yeah never mind, I didn't realize they were only doing Brutal for Second Coil. Kinda lame, I wanted to fight a "brutal" Twintania or something instead of just doing harder versions of the same fights we'll still be doing when 2.4 comes out.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Seiji Okita View Post
    In this example, would't the people joining the farm group be joining under the impression they don't have a shot at those two item irregardless? So if the two of you secretly give both items to just one person, at the end of the day what harm does that cause to the others?
    I don't see a difference between:

- joining a need party with the understanding that someone in a different role can need over you, being told that said person is going to need so you'll leave, and then having that gear drop to someone else you would have otherwise been able to freelot against

vs.

- joining a greed party with the understanding that someone who called an item gets it over you, being told that said person is going to lot said item so you'll leave, and then having that gear drop to someone else you would have otherwise been able to freelot against

In both cases, the issue is whether someone's ability to claim priority on an item means that they should also be able to choose who else may have it instead.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Massively: Any chance we can find out about what equipment Rogues/Ninjas will wear so we can prepare ahead of time?

Naoki Yoshida, producer: First off, because the class is going to be a melee DPS-type class, that gear that you have for other melee DPS classes and jobs is probably something that you'll want to hold on to. On the other hand, weapons are all going to be new because it's going to be a special type -- the dual wield. While you can use existing gear, the weapons will be all new and players can have fun collecting them. As for the special and Primal weapons, there will be rogue and ninja versions.
    From: http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/06...sses-and-more/

I don't remember anyone mentioning this here. I guess this confirms that NIN will get unique weapons that Rogue can't use.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Don't come in here spouting that OF bullshit. That quote in no way confirms that.

1) "Rogue and ninja versions" could easily be talking about the same weapon, as in, "These twin blades are for rogue and ninja".
    2a) The plurality of the word "weapons" could be referring to the fact that there is more than one primal, thus more than one weapon.
    2b) The weapons themselves are dual blades. That alone could justify the plurality of the word.
    3) This had to go through a translator.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

We already know that NIN will certainly get at least one weapon that ROG cannot use, just like every other job does.

Vuitton

They both get knives or whatever, but Ninja also gets a ranged weapon as well such as shuriken or kunai? Or maybe just a ninja themed replacement for knives, which would be boring, but whatever.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Don't come in here spouting that OF bullshit. That quote does not confirm that.
    Why would they make two versions of the same weapons then? One is for Rogue/other job, the other for Ninja.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Why would they make two versions of the same weapons then? One is for Rogue/other job, the other for Ninja.
    What are you even saying

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They're clearly saying that Primal and special weapons will have Rogue and Ninja versions.... which is exactly how ACN/SMN and SCH work right now.