1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 22 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 10 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 23 hours, 22 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Many systems are exploitable, including this one. 3 people lot with the intention of trading it to one of the 3, thereby tripling that person's odds of getting it. Situationally, that's not fair to others in the group, especially if they weren't aware of this little deal.

No system is perfect. The current system is far from perfect. It boils down to a preference for freedom (and all the drama that can arise from that) vs. structure (and the frustrations that come from the limitations of such rigid structure).
    The one thing this game does need is the ability to pass after you've rolled on an item... I've wanted to go back and pass when I've won multiple items before, but everyone rolls and I end up winning it all...

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    The one thing this game does need is the ability to pass after you've rolled on an item... I've wanted to go back and pass when I've won multiple items before, but everyone rolls and I end up winning it all...
    I'll agree with that all day. I'd be very happy to see it in-game. It should have been a QoL patch by now.

The current system is exploitable too.

I've seen people act like they are going to need on an item, ask everyone to pass or leave (they do cause they know they can't beat a need), than they pass it to their friend who wins the greed role unopposed.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

This is why I will greed even when I know I can't beat a need. My greed doesn't affect their need.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

That's exploitable, absolutely, but easier to get around than your previous example. People simply need to be paitent and wait for that person to need before passing. or greed since it doesn't impact the other person's need. I don't pass out of practice, in my static, until people have needed/greeded because I don't want to see anything hit the floor from a mistake. If you're running a pug, it should turn to "because I don't want anyone getting cheated".

People cheat. That's the nature of the world. This system allows for less cheating than other systems, but also allows for more headaches in some areas. Thankfully its not set in stone, as they've made QoL changes all over the board.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Along the same lines, they also need to add any downgrading of your roll. If I rolled need, I should be able to roll greed instead. It doesn't happen often, but I have seen instances where someone's rolled need (either on purpose or on accident) and then it becomes clear that they weren't supposed to.

Has anyone ever hit Need/Greed/Pass on an item in a multi-item loot list right when an item drops out and done the wrong roll on the wrong item because the item list shifted right when you hit the button? I have.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Also needed is the ability for the loot to drop to Need participants once all the qualified rollers have rolled. I can see some arguments against the idea, but honestly, tired of fucking waiting for drops to go because some dipshit doesn't know how to click buttons and is waiting for five minutes to see if someone leaves and it drops to him instead. If anyone rolls Need, then the loot should drop as soon as all valid Needers have rolled.

Also nice to have would be to separate "Greed" into "Need on other job" and "I'm a greedy shit that wants that Allagan Ring of Casting for my Lv 15 THM".

Also also would be nice to disable Need for non-class-based items. One loot level for crafting/currency/tokens and that's it.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Has anyone ever hit Need/Greed/Pass on an item in a multi-item loot list right when an item drops out and done the wrong roll on the wrong item because the item list shifted right when you hit the button? I have.
    I had it happen once in T2 way back in the day and my Healer actually had it happen to him last night. I tell people who are passing one thing and need/greeding another to do so very slowly.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    All classes will eventually get at least 2 jobs, that's one of the very first things they ever said about this job system.
    I realized this morning that we've already seen a glimpse of the other jobs for most of the classes.

Clearly when we get the expansion that takes us to Garlemald, we will be able to unlock Gunpaladin, Gunmonk, Gundragoon, etc etc etc

(half-joking)

EL - Airship Pirate
    Airship Captain of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aero Ashwind
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Cutriss View Post
    I realized this morning that we've already seen a glimpse of the other jobs for most of the classes.

Clearly when we get the expansion that takes us to Garlemald, we will be able to unlock Gunpaladin, Gunmonk, Gundragoon, etc etc etc

(half-joking)
    Guncleric confirmed?!?

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/4957...t-scenes-o.gif

Points for getting the reference! XD

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Something I admit to being frustrated with: In the Free Company coat of arms sections, in with the rest of the class icons there's a pair of crossed pistols.

Gimme muh guns, SE.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Something that just hit me, since they are adding a "you have to hit buttons in the right order" for Ninja, it gives me hope the level 55 or 60 Monk Ability will be blitz and people can start suplexing trains.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Apparently some new traits showed up in 2.28, Rogue related.

http://xivdb.com/?search/!patch-Patch2.28 (Skill TAB in japanese)

DEX traits, fall damage reduction, movement speed increased, movement speed penalty reduced under Stealth, TP regen increased and a bunch of buffs to other skills.
    Alkar posted this earlier, here's a translation of the stuff; abilities aren't here but traits are. I got the levels from a different JP source which may or may not be correct but seems reasonable enough. Obviously everything is still in development so things may change and names aren't assigned yet. Can pick out a few different abilities here, though, based on the enhancements - a stealth ability, a knife throwing short range AoE, some combo, and some other poison-related things I can't really figure out from the names. Some other neat things like increases to movement speed and TP Regen (I'm not sure if "TP Regen" is a new rogue ability or if they are just referring to the natural TP regen, I assume they are referring to the natural regen).

In case anyone was still wondering if rogue is DEX-based, it would seem so based on the traits. I think it was mentioned that NIN is STR-based, so maybe it does some switcheroo like SCH does on arcanist's INT? I dunno.

Rogue Traits:

Level 8: Enhanced Dexterity I: Increases dexterity by 2.
    Level 14: Fall damage reduction: Reduces the damage taken when falling.
    Level 16: Enhanced Dexterity II: Increases dexterity by 4.
    Level 20: Enhanced Stealth: Reduces the movement speed reduction while Stealth is active.
    Level 24: Enhanced Dexterity III: Increases dexterity by 6.
    Level 28: Enhanced Movement Speed: Increases the player's movement speed.
    Level 32: Enhanced [Single Specialized Poison Buff]: Increases the damage boost effect to 20%
    Level 36: Enhanced TP Regen: Increases the amount of TP recovery granted by TP regen.
    Level 40: Enhanced [Multiple Specialized Poison Buff]: Increases the physical damage boost effect to 10%
    Level 44: Enhanced [Combo B-1]: Increases the damage over time potency of [Combo B-1] to 45.
    Level 48: Enhanced [Knife Throwing PBAE]: Increases the potency of [Knife Throwing PBAE] to 80.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azull Abaddon
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Couldn't that just mean it will be heavily combo/stance based like Monk?

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    Level 20: Enhanced Stealth: Reduces the movement speed reduction while Stealth is active.
    WTB cross-class for Disciples of Land

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Cutriss View Post
    WTB cross-class for Disciples of Land
    I wonder how they will actually handle cross-class skills from Rogue to other jobs considering each other job already has its one primary and one secondary sub-class from which it gets abilities to equip. Would be kinda lame if you can only use Rogue cross-class stuff while playing on a class.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

That's one of the big questions surrounding the addition of new jobs. If they don't release them in batches then you end up with these outlier jobs who base class few borrow from. I could see if they put in an expansion where they added three jobs and they ended up each borrowing from eachother in some way, much like current mages do and all that. But to add just Rogue and Ninja right now (and ninja will borrow from??? Archer and Pugilist presumably?) then what will borrow from Rogue later? Certainly they're not going to disrupt the balance to change Monk to suddenly allow for Rogue abilities will they? It all seems a bit funky.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

whens ninja coming again 2.4? or 2.3.... i cant fuckin remember

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

2.4 so probably in fall-winter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I don't think Yoshida ever mentioned NIN being STR-based, he did say however that we should hold onto melee sets for it. My guess is that he was referring to levelling sets because they're shared among all physical DPS and NIN is likely getting unique sets for endgame like DRG,MNK and BRD.