+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Some of the reactions to this news elsewhere are amazing. Personal favorite -- calls from PS4 players to boycott the game.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by vrumpt View Post
    The only way I can thrust logic into their decision is that MS was willing to write them a check today and they needed money now.

All other parts of this decision is just herp derp

Last one even sold 800k more on Playstation consoles. Like.. seriously...
    Still doesn't add up to me. I'm sure Sony wanted to write them a big fat check to make KH3 exclusive... But SE is in the business of making money and they don't do console exclusives like that anymore. So this just doesn't add up. My bet is on a timed exclusive because ther is no way MS could write them a big enough check to make it financially worthwhile for them

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    http://tombraider.tumblr.com/post/94...-raider-update

So yeah pretty sure it'S a full time exclusive
    Despite MS's greatest efforts to get a player base going for the Xbox 360 in Japan, most games still got ported a year later to PS3. Third party full time exclusives pretty much died with the PS2 generation, shit costs too much that most MS or Sony checks won't fix.

Not that it can't still happen, but I will be very surprised to see any game in these times remain exclusive from a third party for more than a year.

Another Islam Thread
    BG Level

Just watched a recording of the conference, I'd be surprised if this is a timed exclusive. They VERY clearly state on the screen, "Coming holiday 2015, exclusively on Xbox". That little comma in there is important as fuck to correctly understand the statement. And if that wasn't enough, right afterwards, the guys says "From this moment on, the following titles will ALSO be exclusive to xbox".

If this isn't an all-out exclusive, that's a lot of miscommunication at the conference.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

You know, even if its Xbox exclusive, long as its exclusive in the same sense as Titanfall, Idc. I wanted it on PC anyway.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I think a WTF SE is truely in order here a timed exclusive i could understand but this, this is just a blatent cock slap to most fans. I couldn't care less about this bloody stupid 'console war' but when it fucks with something that has been on coming out on PC for the last 17(?) years...yeah i'm a bit miffed about it now

https://twitter.com/rhipratchett/sta...30910416691201

Harrassing the lead writer of the game isn't going to make it come to PS4...

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Last game was pretty graphic intensive. If they put it on PC I hope my comp can run it.

I am still flipping tables over this.

TABLES EVERYWHERE.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

To be fair they did say "exclusive on Xbox for holiday 2015"

Which means any time after 2015 it could not be exclusive. Still pretty baffling choice for Square Enix given the circumstances. They are hurting for money right now.... perhaps they needed this Microsoft payment to even develop the game? Interestingly they didn't let Sony pay for Kingdom Hearts exclusivity though....

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Your missing the comma in your quote above. You don't realize how important that comma is in a legal contract

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

except it's not been said that way, as has been repeatedly pointed out, the specific wording they have been careful to use is "launching holiday 2015, exclusively on Xbox" the comma makes those two separate clauses, which at least APPEARS to imply that it is A)Launching in 2015, and B)an Xbox exclusive. it does NOT suggest "an xbox exclusive for the holiday". I'm still skeptical of it being a permanent exclusive, but their wording has been very specific to not call it a timed exclusive

edit: too slow

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Skidz View Post
    Just watched a recording of the conference, I'd be surprised if this is a timed exclusive. They VERY clearly state on the screen, "Coming holiday 2015, exclusively on Xbox". That little comma in there is important as fuck to correctly understand the statement. And if that wasn't enough, right afterwards, the guys says "From this moment on, the following titles will ALSO be exclusive to xbox".

If this isn't an all-out exclusive, that's a lot of miscommunication at the conference.
    I can't be arsed to look up games that have been "exclusive" for console A or B in the past with similar wording at the announcement and ended up on the other console a year later. If MS hands you a fat cheque to boost sales of their consoles you aren't going to announce: "exclusive on xbox, but you can play it a year later on the platform you want". Kind of defeats the purpose.

But again, feel free to slap this quote in my face in a year from now if it doesn't come to another platform. I don't know how fat that cheque from MS is

Another Islam Thread
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Appie View Post
    I can't be arsed to look up games that have been "exclusive" for console A or B in the past with similar wording at the announcement and ended up on the other console a year later. If MS hands you a fat cheque to boost sales of their consoles you aren't going to announce: "exclusive on xbox, but you can play it a year later on the platform you want". Kind of defeats the purpose.

But again, feel free to slap this quote in my face in a year from now if it doesn't come to another platform. I don't know how fat that cheque from MS is
    Oh I know there's a chance it'll come out later for other consoles. I was just trying to clear up the confusion from the info given at the conference. I'm actually hoping it does go multi-plat; more sales only means a better chance for a third installment.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

LOL. I love fake Kaz tweets

So... what are the chances of this coming out on Steam? As long as it comes out on steam I don't care about what console it goes on. But if it's what I fear and there isn't going to be a PC version then RIP Tomb Raider, it was fun while it lasted.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    LOL

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Even if I had an Xbox 1, I'd be pissed. It will look like shit. The first one was PC eye candy. I guess people not part of the master race can rejoice in their substandard next gen graphics.

Fuck this sucks.

welp they not gonna get my money

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Even if I had an Xbox 1, I'd be pissed. It will look like shit. The first one was PC eye candy. I guess people not part of the master race can rejoice in their substandard next gen graphics.

Fuck this sucks.
    The Definitive Editions looks pretty damn good from what I saw in videos (didn't want to rebuy the game to really see), though the game will likely be hanging out in 30 fps land which kinda sucks.

I own a Juan so I don't really care about this announcement too much, though I really do hope the exclusive tag is just referring to consoles and it's still coming to PC.