+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Ya'll niggas would be retarded to make this comparison ANYWAY considering the very first souls game was also PS exclusive. Return to its roots, baby.
    yeah I know it was just the first big PS exclusive i could think of. Silent Hill is a closer analogy, although still didn't start as multiplatform.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Let us compare the first game in a new series that is being developed in part by a first party studio to the second game in a remake series of an old IP developed by a third party studio that has complained about low sales for the previous game!

I can't see why anyone cares. If it is XBONE exclusive, don't buy it and let Squacks and CD drown in their continued terribleness. The first game was not good enough to have this many posts arguing over the phrasing of some jagoffs about a release date over a year away.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

SHOCKING NEWS EVERYONE
    Xbox boss Phil Spencer has confirmed to Eurogamer that Microsoft's controversial exclusivity deal for Rise of the Tomb Raider "has a duration".

However, he declined to confirm how long that duration is set for.
    So, what, exactly, is that deal?

"I have Tomb Raider shipping next holiday exclusively on Xbox. It is Xbox 360 and Xbox One. I'm not trying to fake anybody out in terms of where this thing is. What they do with the franchise in the long run is not mine. I don't control it. So all I can talk about is the deal I have. I don't know where else Tomb Raider goes.

Is there a time limit on the exclusivity period?

"Yes, the deal has a duration. I didn't buy it. I don't own the franchise."
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...gn=socialoomph

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Tidane View Post
    The first game was not good enough to have this many posts arguing over the phrasing of some jagoffs about a release date over a year away.
    You were good until there. It was good enough the game was great. Anyway the way microsoft is playing word jump rope leads me to believe it will be timed and not a full on exclusive. If it was all theirs they would own that shit and not let anyone think otherwise.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by ArchDizzle View Post
    You were good until there. It was good enough the game was great. Anyway the way microsoft is playing word jump rope leads me to believe it will be timed and not a full on exclusive. If it was all theirs they would own that shit and not let anyone think otherwise.
    The game isn't bad, but it wasn't a genre or generation defining game, a must play, or anything of that sort. It was one of the best Tomb Raider games I played, but unless they make some huge improvements, the sequel wouldn't be a game I'd buy a console for. Even with the console already in my possession, the announcement of the game didn't hype me up for it (and the exclusive announcement did nothing to change that).

Seems that it doesn't matter, based on the above comment, though. Jagoffs being jagoffs.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    But.. But.... But!!!! How will people overreact now!? Oh wait, they haven't cleared up the matter completely -- feel free to continue overreacting!

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Can we overreact about how they are developing for a console that, when the game releases, will be 10 years old?

wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

Allright, faith in humanity restored. Buy U4, get plat and buy TR2 once it finally releases on PS4.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Aevis View Post
    Small update, sounds more and more like a timed exclusive: http://www.computerandvideogames.com...ays-xbox-boss/

They wouldn't beat around the bush if it wasn't a timed exclusive and straight up say it won't come out for any other system, wouldn't they?
    Yeah, still sounds like its xbox exclusive for the holidays to me.

Edit: Woops missed this last page.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    Well, that news came sooner than I expected :D

MS really getting their money's worth for the cheque they gave SE by actually answering this question lol. Oh well, not like MS is new to tossing money out of the window (their original Xbone announcement+backpedal for example).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Honestly it makes sense for everyone. SE doesn't have to worry about TR not selling as well vs Uncharted on PS4 and they might get extra units moved for X1 since its timed there but honestly, with it being on 360 as well its going to do much better on there.

By 2015 who knows how much bigger the PS4 install base might be than X1.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

polygon is speculating that MS is taking very little in royalties from game sales of it, so SE makes more per game, and it maybe moves some consoles, ideally helping both companies, but idk

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

I don't really think Tomb Raider will move a lot of systems. Esp since now people know it will be out for other systems later.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Depends how much later. I have friends who jumped ship from 360 to PS4 for Destiny since it's going to be a year for that content.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah but Tomb Raider is not the hype machine that is Destiny. Last TR flew under a lot of people's radars.

Also Destiny has multiplayer which tends to be a bigger reason to play something right away.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Tomb Raider definitely didn't fly under anyone's radar unless people were living under a rock. It also had multi-player but like myself I think alot of people didn't even bother because we were just there for the story.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I should've said it's all about multiplayer whereas Tomb Raider's was just kinda thrown in.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Y'all should be more excited to play Lara Croft:ToS instead of this anyways.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Except most people react to it with "Fuck this isometric sideshit"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast