+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I just bought new off Amazon and I got free TLoU, Infamous and Killzone for about the same price.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Online Features detailed
    Co-Op

Up to three players can group up together online, with the objective being to defeat the boss in the area (guest players receive a word upon success).

A game is started when the host player uses the “Hunter Calling Bell” item to call other hunters. Likewise, the guest players use the “Resonant Bell” item to join another person’s game. Once connected, the host and guests play together in the host’s game instance.

A session will end if either the hosts or the guests die, or if a “Separating Shot” is used to retreat back to one’s own game. Matchmaking is done automatically, but passwords can be set to ensure the right players group together as needed. Passwords can be up to eight characters and are only used for co-op play.

Player-versus-Player

Player-versus-Player, or PvP, matches are one-on-one bouts that take place in pre-determined areas. The player being invaded is the host, while the aggressor is the guest.

A match is started when the guest uses the “Ominous Resonant Bell” item to invade a user’s game. The host has either started a co-op session or used an Ominous Resonant Bell as well to trigger the appearance of a Bell Chiming Woman. The guest proceeds to invade the host’s game instance, where the two duke it out.

The rules are simple. The host can be invaded when they’re in areas with the Bell Chiming Women, who normally appear either as part of c-op play or when an Ominous Resonant Bell is used (though there are occasionally areas where she’s just present in general from the start), an guest can return back to their own game once they’ve defeated the host (or have been defeated by the host). Killing the host will grant them a reward.

A session will also end if the host enters a boss room, or if a Separating Shot is used to return the guest player to his own game.

Asynchronous Multiplayer

Blooborne also has asynchronous online element. Players can leave hints and messages for other players in other game worlds. Graves are erected where players have fallen in the game world, and touching them replays how they died. And players can see phantom images of other players running around in the same areas for a limited amount of time. So it’s essentially Demon’s Souls and Dark Souls in this area.

Chalice Dungeon

Chalice Dungeons are split into two types: normal and randomly generated. Both can be played offline and online, but random ones require connecting to the internet once in order to connect to a server and download data. Players’ Chalice Dungeons can be publicly accessible and shared online.

Updates

An update will go live on release day, which will include online optimizations, enhanced game performance and usability, and a few other things.

PlayStation Plus

Sony clarifies that PlayStation Plus is required for co-op and player-versus-player, but not required for downloading updates and getting the necessary data to generate a Chalice Dungeon.
    http://gematsu.com/2015/03/bloodborn...fully-detailed
    http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/t...m/network.html

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

password sharing for coop sounds great, looking for your friends soul sign was fucking annoying

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Hoping someone can clarify for me; it sounds like there is no campaign co-op, just this boss mode?

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

It sounds exactly like what Dark Souls/Demon souls had.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Hoping someone can clarify for me; it sounds like there is no campaign co-op, just this boss mode?
    I dont think they're being overly specific because a lot of it is assumed. of course your friends will play with you during the map section and not just for the boss, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    It sounds exactly like what Dark Souls/Demon souls had.
    ^this

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

dunno where this footage came from, so spoilering it just in case, it isn't IGN tagged.
    Spoiler: show

I'd seen that a couple days ago too. Some spoilers up in there obviously so I didn't watch all of it.

FYI, also related:

Free Bloodborne Theme for PS4
    NA code - J4ND-DJNH-K3C7
    EU code - PBGA-HJNC-LQ99

Codes are multi-use, so go get your theme!

Big ol image.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

looks like a few people have a retail copy already (as some stores...somewhere, have put them on the shelves), neogaf has a writeup with spoilers

beast mode transformations seem tbe be more/less confirmed, the retail owners can't access it because it's being fully implemented on the Day 1 patch, there seems to be some sort of in-game progress bar that has something to do with this mechanic that doesn't do anything for those with the game right now

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

45min stream from earlier today, got shut down by the Sony cops... get it while its hot!

https://mega.co.nz/#!uAkQHZIb!7g2LTp...JKdAXkPYUs7o5I

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

or yt it

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Better get on it quick if you want to YT it, I'm pretty sure that's going to be coming down soon.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The chat in that stream was killing me.. plus the way that guy was dodging attacks. I shouldn't have watched it. Now the wait is going to be even harder.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Boss spoilers that I think everyone already knew about but god damn look at dude run through those vials like nothing. They really need to make those things harder to obtain.

http://a.pomf.se/brddqw.webm

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Boss spoilers that I think everyone already knew about but god damn look at dude run through those vials like nothing. They really need to make those things harder to obtain.

remember demon's souls?

dat grass spam, although in DS the animation length when you use a grass was really long, about twice as long as using an estus flask. in BB you can spam that shit, wonder if you can upgrade your blood vial potency

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post

If anything, that video convinced me that they got the vials just right. Look at that boss tear into him like a bitch.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Didn't they mention a mechanic where using too many Blood Vials would be bad in some way? I imagine it would be like world tendency in Demon's Souls where the more blood you infuse yourself with the more feral and aggressive the enemies become. Could explain it away as the more beast blood you use the stronger the scent and it draws stronger enemies towards you.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    If anything, that video convinced me that they got the vials just right. Look at that boss tear into him like a bitch.
    Eh, I don't really feel like you should be able to spam heals to victory. Maybe that's just me.
    Also, even grasses in DeS weren't 'that' fast to use and they were pretty fucking fast.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Voyage1970 View Post
    Didn't they mention a mechanic where using too many Blood Vials would be bad in some way? I imagine it would be like world tendency in Demon's Souls where the more blood you infuse yourself with the more feral and aggressive the enemies become. Could explain it away as the more beast blood you use the stronger the scent and it draws stronger enemies towards you.
    well there is a "Beasthood" stat that people haven't figured out yet, people speculating that it's beast mode and comes in the release patch... i just watch that Father Gascoigne battle and hope that beastmode mimics his transformation, that shit is insane

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast