+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Exploration is only so enjoyable until you reach the point where it becomes repetitive. Don't care if it's an unexplored planet, by the time I've done my 5th with nothing substantial to do except see how deep a cave goes, the game gets dull.

So far the game looks like a 3d terraria with no worthwhile crafting or equipment hunting going on, which makes it feel more like minecraft with out the craft. That sounds...boring.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I feel like it's getting reviewed how Mafia 2 was to some degree, like Mafia 2 had an incredible city, great cars/music/etc, and personally I really enjoyed the story of it - but they it could've done so so much more ( gta style ) that it got bashed a lot for wasting its potential.

NMS is kinda like that - all this massive potential and then just like ... so uh what are the fun gameplay mechanics?

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

That's exactly it. They sold it as a game but so far it looks more like an exploration simulator.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

GATTACA!

BG Level

Not looking at any posts to avoid first impressions spoilers -

how long did the first update take before you could play?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

A friend of mine who has been following the game closely tells me that they plan to add base building in a later update. I could definitely get down with that.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Not looking at any posts to avoid first impressions spoilers -

how long did the first update take before you could play?
    It's something like 850 MB, so whatever that would take based on your personal download speed.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    It's something like 850 MB, so whatever that would take based on your personal download speed.
    ok thanks, was just concerned it might be ginormous and I would get home to work to watch it DL for 4 hours

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    A friend of mine who has been following the game closely tells me that they plan to add base building in a later update. I could definitely get down with that.
    Did anyone happen to play Star Wars Galaxies? I loved the aspect of planting your house/base/city in the middle of nowhere of Naboo or some other planet. Could bring me the same excitement in this game if base building was similar.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Starting to sound a lot like this game will be something I'll enjoy more buying it for $20 in 6 months when more things are added lol.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

The game's hype train got out of control, which was definitely fed by the developers giving intentionally obtuse answers to questions (just go look at the replies they gave in regards to multiplayer) about the game and constantly implying about hidden/secret stuff.

Also, it shouldn't be $60
    Fed by the developers for obtuse answers? It's not on the devs to downplay their game when idiots have wild imaginations. I mean, there was a guy on Reddit who thought that the center of the universe was going to be this but source of corruption and as you progressed to the center the planets became more extreme and the sentinels bigger and stronger. No one ever said it would be that and now this dude is disappointed.

Any official word or videos that have come out since E3 2014 have never made it seem any more than what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've enjoyed it so far, but I don't think it's a game that I will marathon for hours at a time...

Anyone who is going to drop 30 hours in one sitting (like the leak buyer) is going to get burnt out pretty quickly...

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It literally took until yesterday for them to say "No this is not a multiplayer game." Every other time when broached they'd give multi paragraph long winded non answers on par with when a politician is asked a question they don't want to answer.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

It literally took until yesterday for them to say "No this is not a multiplayer game." Every other time when broached they'd give multi paragraph long winded non answers on par with when a politician is asked a question they don't want to answer.
    Eh, I saw something about them saying you're most likely never gonna meet another player like at least 2 weeks ago so no.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Starting to sound a lot like this game will be something I'll enjoy more buying it for $20 in 6 months when more things are added lol.
    Or PS PLus in a year, that's what I'm waiting for. I'm patient.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    Or PS PLus in a year, that's what I'm waiting for. I'm patient.
    I plan to PC it so can't wait for that.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

There is absolutely nothing that appealed to me when this first popped up. Even less so now that all the reviews are coming in.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Not gonna lie, was kinda hoping for space fallout lol, got my hopes up and everything, but I guess i'll hold off till way later, was also hoping for multiplayer but meh

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

So, I was under the assumption that I could see other players or friends if they were on the same planet as me. Turns out that is not the case. After watching the day 1 stuff, I'm out. This doesn't look very good, at all.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    So, I was under the assumption that I could see other players or friends if they were on the same planet as me. Turns out that is not the case. After watching the day 1 stuff, I'm out. This doesn't look very good, at all.
    Really? A statement I read said that you could but the chances of being on the same planet as someone else were extremely low...

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Really? A statement I read said that you could but the chances of being on the same planet as someone else were extremely low...
    The cynic in me knew there was no multiplayer from the second they announced that. They just kept touting that line rather than a straight yes or no. It just seemed like a deceptive way to not have it while making people think you have it.