FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

August 9th
    Hello, Sean Murray from Hello Games here, working extremely hard on our game, No Man’s Sky.

The game really has come together, and it’s such an incredible relief. As we sit an play it now, and as I watch playtesters every day, I can finally let myself get excited. We’re actually doing this.

However, as we approached our final deadlines, we realized that some key moments needed extra polish to bring them up to our standards. I have had to make the tough choice to delay the game for a few weeks to allow us to deliver something special.

After a short delay, No Man’s Sky will launch in North America on August 9, in Europe August 10, and in the UK August 12.

We understand that this news is disappointing. Making this game is the hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life, but we are so close now, and we’re prepared to make the tough choices to get it right.

The universe of No Man’s Sky is incredibly vast. More than you can imagine. This is a type of game that hasn’t been attempted before, by a smaller team than anyone would expect, under an intense amount of expectation.

And despite all of that, development is genuinely going well. This is the hardest working, most talented team I’ve ever worked with, and I’m so proud of what we’re doing. For all our sakes though, we get one shot to make this game and we can’t mess it up.

To the loyal community who’s stuck by our side since the unveiling of No Man’s Sky years ago, we hope you’ll accept our sincere apology and I am humbly asking that you’ll still look forward to exploring our universe despite the slight delay.

Thank you so much, Sean

Sean Murray - Founder, Hello Games

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Legit. Glad they're making the hard decisions so the game is that much better.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Listened to the guy on a podcast (thru the website we dont talk about) guy is a straight up genius. I haven't been following this game, nor am I really anticipating it. That being said, I am genuinely curious if it meets up to all the hype buildup the last couple years. It's a team of 14 or 16 people, which is insane for a game this big.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Really hate the release date, I'll be too busy with other games.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

My main issue with the game is that I've seen very little outside of the planet exploration and some vanilla combat. It's graphically stunning but at this point it's lost a ton of hype.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Honestly, I want it for the novelty factor alone. I don't really care about the combat, and I think that will be very secondary to many people who just want to explore an unimaginably vast universe. As long as the exploration part is good I'll be happy, this is one game where mechanics are not going to matter to me very much.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    My main issue with the game is that I've seen very little outside of the planet exploration and some vanilla combat. It's graphically stunning but at this point it's lost a ton of hype.
    Since the beginning, this game mostly just looked like an AMAZING game engine for other games and not an actual game to me.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Honestly, I want it for the novelty factor alone. I don't really care about the combat, and I think that will be very secondary to many people who just want to explore an unimaginably vast universe. As long as the exploration part is good I'll be happy, this is one game where mechanics are not going to matter to me very much.
    I'm with you in spirit, but the novelty part isn't worth $60 to me. I'll be waiting until it's on sale for $20, maybe $40 if there's some serious staying power in the hype. But I'm a cheapass, so.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

This generation of low life gamers is embarrassing previous generations, who knew how to contain their adolescent rage within their own households.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    Yeah, I'm not giving this game a single penny until I've really seen what it has to offer. I'm still not even sure what the point of the game is other then just wandering around.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

I genuinely don't believe there were "loads" of death threats. Telling someone to kill themselves, though incredibly immature, isn't a death threat.

Unfortunately, high-profile people online don't have the luxury to dismiss any death threats as just immature and moronic, rather than psychotic and potentially serious.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Sure, treat actual death threats as serious. I'm all for that. But someone on twitter saying "I hope you die" isn't a threat, it's a passive statement of hatred. Calling it a threat is just self-victimization.

He probably did get a few threats, but I'm betting 90% of the statements were passive.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by notorious bum View Post
    This generation of low life gamers is embarrassing previous generations, who knew how to contain their adolescent rage within their own households.
    The previous generation didn't have a direct line to the people making the games via social media. Nothing has changed, the modern internet just gave entitled man-children a soap box to stand on.

"No one man-child should have all that power."

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

This is the issue with announcing games/movies too damn soon.
    I don't want to hear a game announcement unless it's for sure coming out within a year.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    This is the issue with announcing games/movies too damn soon.
    I don't want to hear a game announcement unless it's for sure coming out within a year.
    Fallout 4 did it the best, imo.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The real reason of the delay is that they were being sued by Sky UK (formerly BSkyB) over the word Sky
    Hello Games settles

https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/743928033942315009 | https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/743956071337828352

BSkyB made Microsoft change Skydrive to Onedrive.

Yo, Rupert Murdoch is a goddamn monster. How the fuck can his empire be allowed to lay havok over international courts by copywriting a generic word? Copywrite trolling is bad enough, but this is like being paid for claims of inventing the wheel or doorknobs.

So, what does this mean for all those raging 4chan lunatics that trolled death threats for the delay? Are they going to commit seppuku?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast